shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on semi-mount-HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PearNut

Rough_Rock
http://www.philipnoel.com/_e/_1000_and_up/product/sku_01593-ring/Platinum_Ladies_Wedding_set_Ring_1_54_TCW.htm

Has anyone dealt with this website?

Has anyone seen this ring - with a trellis gallery? (I can''t get a good view of the side) It doesn''t have to be exact. I actually would like white gold on the gallery and a yellow gold shank.

I am looking to reset a 1 ct, G, VVS2 pear shape. Can anyone photoshop a pear shape on the mounting attached?

Any advice on mounting would help. I have been to a few local B&M and they can''t seem to come close to the price shown here. Does this seem reasonable? Do you think the quality of the stones here would match my center well enough?

philip noel SKU_01593_1089976735.jpg

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One could engineer a 5 prong, V tipped pear shape setting into a set like the one in the photo. It could be just fine. There is no technical problem with the different center shape change.

PearNut

Rough_Rock
If this head was changed to include a V-tip - should I be worried about the integrity of the head? What if I happened to bump it? Would it be more prone to breaking off? Thereby (largely) increasing the chance of losing the stone?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You don''t change this setting to anything. It is removed and replaced with a different setting that is made for a pear shape. You cannot use this setting in a modified form. It would look awful.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
a v-tip is much safer for a pear to be set with one. it''s what will protect your stone.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Because there is no peg head to switch out on this ring, it would just have to be made in a version that had a 5 prong head with the V tip.

I wish I could help with the photoshop but I can''t work that program!!!

PearNut

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the input - I realize I definitely need the V prong - I didn''t realize that another head with a V-tip could be put on.

I called Philip Noel today and asked who the manufacturer is on this setting and they said they are.

I guess I will look at Unique and Stuller to see if they have something similar.

Anyone else have photoshop experience?

PearNut

Rough_Rock
well - no luck on those websites - would the actual catalogs have more variety?

What are my next steps? Philip Noel gives NO REFUNDS for anything altered and I definitely need a crown for a pear.

I am a bit leary of custom too - I would love to just find a setting - and mount my stone! This is very frustrating! Every time I find one - I seem to like everything but 10%. Maybe I should just give up...I''m really tired of not wearing my wedding set though!

and I really don''t want to settle.....I love the Hearts on Fire Emphasis setting but can''t afford over $8K for just the setting. My other choice is the rb on the side with tapered baguettes. I thought this setting (attached above) is a nice compromise. But where else can I get it? Can my local B&M order the setting and he can replace the crown/head ?

What do you suggest?

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think of this setting?

0108056_p_lg.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 10:34:13 PM
Author: jayrenay9
What do you think of this setting?
ooooh, pretty!

PearNut

Rough_Rock
Very pretty!

Just not quite what I was looking for though. what to do, what to do.....I just want some closure at this point - and a ring on my finger!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results