shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on a white big watch...

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
So my birthday is coming up and I've been loving the big white watches out there. I'm not sure if this is going to be a trend that will end in the next couple of years so I don't want anything too pricey. I'd like to stay under $500. Basically, I want the Chanel knockoff I guess. I hope Autumnnovember is reading because I know she has the real deal so hopefully she can weigh in on a good option for me. So far I've just been perusing Nordstrom as there is one not too far from me. It looks like these match the closest and I am tempted to go with the cheaper one, but it is resin not ceramic so I'm not sure if it will look too cheap. Anyone own any of these or something close? I'd love to see pics if so! The Michele is silicone and I don't know if I will like that on, but I included that one too. But $500 is the high end of my price range so I'm thinking of trying the cheaper one just to see. Anyone have any other suggestions or know of places to find them cheaper?
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/michael...watch/3190321?origin=category&resultback=4547
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/michael...watch/3103876?origin=category&resultback=2909
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/michele...watch/3122734?origin=category&resultback=6276
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/michael...watch/3063628?origin=category&resultback=2755
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/michael...watch/3143390?origin=category&resultback=2984

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE my fossil white ceramic watch. Nothin too expensive or fancy, but exactly what I wanted and everyone compliments it.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Of course I read :)

I actually really like all of them! BUT, if you could get a ceramic one for under 500$, I would definitely do that. I would stay away from silicone because they get dirty easily. If you can't get a ceramic one, get a resin one. They don't look cheap!

Also, would you want to go for a leather strap possibly (white)? My friend has a Michael Kors one with a white leather strap but the cool thing about it is that she can change the color of the bands and swap them out for a different color if she gets sick of the white (good option if you're worried about white being out of style at some point). Michele is known for doing this too, so its just another option!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Amysbling, yours is really pretty too! Do you find the amount of bling just enough and not over the top in person? I just want a little sparkle nothing too crazy. Also, is your strap all ceramic? Is it heavy? Does it scratch easily? That's a great price for a ceramic strap! Do you happen to have any pics handy of you wearing it?

Autumnovember, thank you for reading! :bigsmile: Your Chanel is ceramic right? Is it heavy? Does it scratch at all? I have a two year old so I am worried that I might damage it which is why I am leaning towards the resin. But what the heck is resin? I'll have to check it out in person. The leather strap is not a bad idea at all. Do you happen to know which one your friend has?

Circe, I also thought that the carre type cut stones on the first one was kinda cool too! I'm gonna check out the Fossil ones too! Thank you!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
lizzyann01|1307675060|2942235 said:
Thanks everyone!

Amysbling, yours is really pretty too! Do you find the amount of bling just enough and not over the top in person? I just want a little sparkle nothing too crazy. Also, is your strap all ceramic? Is it heavy? Does it scratch easily? That's a great price for a ceramic strap! Do you happen to have any pics handy of you wearing it?

Autumnovember, thank you for reading! :bigsmile: Your Chanel is ceramic right? Is it heavy? Does it scratch at all? I have a two year old so I am worried that I might damage it which is why I am leaning towards the resin. But what the heck is resin? I'll have to check it out in person. The leather strap is not a bad idea at all. Do you happen to know which one your friend has?

Circe, I also thought that the carre type cut stones on the first one was kinda cool too! I'm gonna check out the Fossil ones too! Thank you!

Its a bit heavy but thats because I got a really big one. You get used to it though and end up not even noticing it on anymore. It does not scratch AT ALL. Not 1 scratch on it and I have had it for a little over a year now. Definitely won't damage it. I've dropped the watch countless times, banged it, you name it.

I can try to find the one my friend has---I'll come back and post when I find it :) Check out the Micheles too if you're interested in that option! There are prob other brands that do it as well.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I wanted a ceramic white watch for years...but I also kind of worried they were going to be "trendy" and spending a ton of money just didn't seem practical. I also ended up buying a fossil. It's amazing, and the price is really fair.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
I have this one from toywatch and I love it:

Sandra Bullock wore it in the movie the Blind Side and I fell in love with it and had to have it.

I initially wanted a ceramic one without paying for the Chanel (I just couldn't see paying that much money for a watch that wouldn't be an everyday watch for me), but the watch salesman at Nordstrom told me he did not advise buying a cheaper ceramic watch (as opposed to the Chanel J12). He said that they had a lot of issues with chipping in the cheaper ceramic watches and actually pointed be towards the Toywatch, the Michael Kors or the Fossils that were not ceramic. The one I ended up with is resin and it has held up really well considering I usually where it on weekends when I am chasing a toddler.

toywatch1.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
AN, thanks! I also saw this one with a leather strap from D & G. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/dg-gloria-leather-strap-watch/3171242?origin=category&resultback=862

Italia, did you go with the Fossil ceramic or resin? Any issues with scratching or chipping? I think I may need to make a trip to Nordstrom's to try some on!

Novemberbride, that one is really pretty too! So is resin just like plastic? I'm having a hard time picturing it. Glad to hear it holds up well when chasing a toddler too! That's what I do on a daily basis! That's interesting what the sales associate told you about cheaper ceramics. It does make sense though. I think I will try the resin. It's cheaper and I won't have to worry too much!

Ladies, are these watches adjustable? Resin and ceramic? I have small wrists and I want to make sure they can either be self adjusted or adjusted by taking out links. i was going to order online but I am thinking it might be best to just go to Nordstrom's now because otherwise I'll have to go and get it adjusted.

I think my fav's so far are the toywatch that november posted and these two Michael Kors. I like the price of the first MK, but I think i like the look of the second one a little more. What do you guys think?
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/michael...-watch/3190321?origin=category&resultback=338
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/michael...watch/3103876?origin=category&resultback=3048

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
lizzyann01|1307719602|2942520 said:
AN, thanks! I also saw this one with a leather strap from D & G. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/dg-gloria-leather-strap-watch/3171242?origin=category&resultback=862

Italia, did you go with the Fossil ceramic or resin? Any issues with scratching or chipping? I think I may need to make a trip to Nordstrom's to try some on!

Novemberbride, that one is really pretty too! So is resin just like plastic? I'm having a hard time picturing it. Glad to hear it holds up well when chasing a toddler too! That's what I do on a daily basis! That's interesting what the sales associate told you about cheaper ceramics. It does make sense though. I think I will try the resin. It's cheaper and I won't have to worry too much!

Ladies, are these watches adjustable? Resin and ceramic? I have small wrists and I want to make sure they can either be self adjusted or adjusted by taking out links. i was going to order online but I am thinking it might be best to just go to Nordstrom's now because otherwise I'll have to go and get it adjusted.

I think my fav's so far are the toywatch that november posted and these two Michael Kors. I like the price of the first MK, but I think i like the look of the second one a little more. What do you guys think?
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/michael...-watch/3190321?origin=category&resultback=338
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/michael...watch/3103876?origin=category&resultback=3048

Mine is ceramic...never a chip or scratch. It's still super shiny white and looks great. I actually love it so much, I'm going this weekend to get the same one in Navy blue ceramic and a white/turquoise combo ceramic.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
lizzyann01|1307719602|2942520 said:

Lizzy, Yep, resin is basically plastic. Looks pretty and very lightweight too. I also have very small wrists and just had them remove a few links, which they did in about 5 minutes while I waited.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here's the Skagen that I bought. Definitely within your pricepoint and looks really nice. It may not be as large as you want, but looks very quality. I also researched buyer reviews and it got very positive feedback.

Skagen watch.jpg

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Autumnovember|1307678882|2942303 said:
Thanks everyone!

Its a bit heavy but thats because I got a really big one. You get used to it though and end up not even noticing it on anymore. It does not scratch AT ALL. Not 1 scratch on it and I have had it for a little over a year now. Definitely won't damage it. I've dropped the watch countless times, banged it, you name it.

I can try to find the one my friend has---I'll come back and post when I find it :) Check out the Micheles too if you're interested in that option! There are prob other brands that do it as well.

I'have the same white one you do, I think. Mine is the Plain J12-no diamonds. Does yours have diamonds? I love it. I deliberately have one too many links in mine. I like for it to be loose. If they are just a fad, they have been a fad for 5 years now!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Pinktower, if it is a fad I hope it continues for awhile because I love the look!!!

Ilander, thanks for posting. I really need to get out and try some on!

Uppy, I actually saw this Skagan and liked it but I wasn't sure if it was going to be big enough. Do you happen to have any pics of it on your wrist?

November, how are the quality of the crystals in yours? I googled for Sandra Bullock wearing it. It looks like a perfect size!

Italia, I really like the Fossil white one too! Is this the one you have? I think it's the same as what Amy's Bling posted. http://www.fossil.com/en_US/shop/wo...Ntt=ceramic&No=0&pn=sr&rec=1&imagePath=CE1010 I spotted the navy one on Fossil's web site and I actually almost decided to get this one. http://www.fossil.com/en_US/shop/wo...t=ceramic&No=20&pn=sr&rec=24&imagePath=CE1045

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Pink Tower|1307730932|2942707 said:
Autumnovember|1307678882|2942303 said:
Thanks everyone!

I'have the same white one you do, I think. Mine is the Plain J12-no diamonds. Does yours have diamonds? I love it. I deliberately have one too many links in mine. I like for it to be loose. If they are just a fad, they have been a fad for 5 years now!

Yep! No diamonds in mine. I have a j12 black one with a smaller face that has little sapphires in it. How funny! Mine is loose on me too, I like it that way as well =] I agree...I'll love white forever, regardless if its a fad. Plus, I don't see the 'fad' going away anytime soon...just like rose gold.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I like the first MK one!

But, I have to say my friends that do have the resin ones complain about it scratching...

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1307739303|2942825 said:
I like the first MK one!

But, I have to say my friends that do have the resin ones complain about it scratching...

Oh man! Really? Do they have the Michael Kors resin one? I also just saw this ceramic one by Marc Jacobs http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/marc-by...watch/3103569?origin=category&resultback=3637o

I'm overwhelmed...I need to just go down there and try some on. I like the idea of a leather band one but I worry it will get too dirty looking after awhile.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I would personally stay away from the resin ones...especially if we're talking a few bucks either way.

When I was looking, I really spent a lot of time figuring out which watch I wanted. I couldn't justify the price of the Chanel one, but I did want genuine ceramic. For a long time ceramic watches were limited to only Michele, Chanel and a few other high end brands priced over 1k--too rich for my blood. When Fossil pumped out a couple models, I was sold.

However, before Fossil, I looked at a lot of 'white watches'...including resin ones, which is basically a fancy word for plastic. When I saw them, held them, tried them on, I discovered they weren't substantial enough for my personal taste. The SA's I spoke with did tell me that the plastic could crack and discolor over time. Keep in mind, the white resin watches were still hovering near $200.00.

Now, my cheapo Fossil (under $200.00) is awesome. No cracks or scratches or discoloring whatsoever, and I do wear mine everyday from Memorial to Labor. It's chunky, heavy, well made with a nice warranty to boot. It might not be as nice as the Chanel or Michele, but it's exactly what I wanted at a price that didn't make me feel uncomfortable...something trendy, sporty, easy to wear that looks nice on.

I totally think you should go try a bunch on. Nordstrom has a huge selection in store. You might like the resin for it's lightweight, you might go a different direction. Who knows. But it's really hard to shop for something like this online without knowing which way you're really pulled.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Italiahaircolor|1307758022|2943022 said:
I would personally stay away from the resin ones...especially if we're talking a few bucks either way.

When I was looking, I really spent a lot of time figuring out which watch I wanted. I couldn't justify the price of the Chanel one, but I did want genuine ceramic. For a long time ceramic watches were limited to only Michele, Chanel and a few other high end brands priced over 1k--too rich for my blood. When Fossil pumped out a couple models, I was sold.

However, before Fossil, I looked at a lot of 'white watches'...including resin ones, which is basically a fancy word for plastic. When I saw them, held them, tried them on, I discovered they weren't substantial enough for my personal taste. The SA's I spoke with did tell me that the plastic could crack and discolor over time. Keep in mind, the white resin watches were still hovering near $200.00.

Now, my cheapo Fossil (under $200.00) is awesome. No cracks or scratches or discoloring whatsoever, and I do wear mine everyday from Memorial to Labor. It's chunky, heavy, well made with a nice warranty to boot. It might not be as nice as the Chanel or Michele, but it's exactly what I wanted at a price that didn't make me feel uncomfortable...something trendy, sporty, easy to wear that looks nice on.

I totally think you should go try a bunch on. Nordstrom has a huge selection in store. You might like the resin for it's lightweight, you might go a different direction. Who knows. But it's really hard to shop for something like this online without knowing which way you're really pulled.

Thanks Italia! Yeah, the more I think about it I feel like I could get ceramic for the same price as the resin Michael Kors. Michael Kors does make ceramic but it is $500 and I really didn't even want to go that high. Nordstrom's is about an hour drive for me, but I am hoping my local Macy's will have resin and ceramic so I can try some on and get an idea at least! I know they'll definitely have Fossil. Then if I need to take the hike to Nordstrom's I'll do it! *Twist my arm, right?* :lol:

Oh Italia, I don't know if you ever saw my update on the LR4 thread awhile back. But we got a white HSE and we love it! Thanks for all your help with that!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I think it's pretty dressy. It's the sort of watch I would wear to work but not casually in work out clothes running to the Target, if that makes sense...

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Italia! I decided to give it a shot and just ordered it. I figured it was a good price for the ceramic version and I really liked the rose gold bezel the more I looked at it. Hopefully, it won't be too blingalicious!

pixies

Shiny_Rock
I didn't find this thread in time but Fossil outlets carry MK watches... ones that are still full price in Macy's too! If you are ever near an outlet, you could always stock-up ;-). The outlet near me had the blingy MKs, rose gold, silicone colorful ones, and so on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results