shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ukz483

Rough_Rock
I'm considering a diamond at a local store who gave me their "best price" after I showed them some internet prices. Not sure if it's a good deal, and what additional information I need. Here's what I do have:
1.43 carat
Depth 62.3
Table 60
VVS2
D
thin to slightly thick
polish VG
symmetry G
7.06-7.13 x 4.4 mm
GIA
price $11,600Is that a good price? What other questions should I ask?
It's a large local chain in Seattle.Should I take it somewhere after to have it appraised? Any tips on where to do that?Thank you very much!

ukz483

Rough_Rock
Thanks. What about the cut would rate it so low? And I'm sorry, but I don't know what HCA is. Any opinions on the price?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
HCA - Holloway Cut Adviser, www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp One has to know crown and pavilion angles to evaluate the cut using HCA. GIA report doesn't show crown and pavilion angles. They can be obtained from Sarin or Ogi measurements.
We calculated HCA scores for different combinations of crown and pavilion angles for each pair of Depth and Table. Best possible HCA score for this diamond would be 4 (good).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results