shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice needed before making purchase (cloudy or not?)

rhoda123

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I have found this stone which I like. It is a 2.34 carat, Round, K, SI2, triple excellent GIA stone. I am okay with the warm color and could not see dots easily, so I'd rather spend money on the cut and the size. However, my jeweler has warned me that the stone might appear a bit cloudy because of the inclusion in the center. Could someone please advise if you believe this stone will be too cloudy based on the image on the cert? Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is I.D. Jewelry a credible vendor based on past experience?

Many thanks!!!!

Oct17 stone.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
many PSers have used ID Jewelry. We cannot tell anything from the plot diagram...but your vendor can since he has the stone in hand. I would trust ID and look for another diamond.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have bought from ID and also had them source a possible diamond for me that I ended up not buying (because I just preferred a larger one with higher color in the end) and Yekutiel (talk to him and tell him you are pricescoper) is VERY VERY honest and right on the money. Accuracy is definitely assured when speaking with him.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's an SI2, cloud is the grademaking inclusion, and the report specifies additional clouds not shown on the plot.

That is a definite red flag for me. If it gets the okay from IDJ have it shipped out loose and take it in to your local jeweller and compare in a variety of lighting types to higher clarity stones of similar size and proportions, see what your eyes think. If it does not get the okay from IDJ move on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results