shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice From Your Children

Dakota

Rough_Rock
We all talk about getting buying advice from professionals and this is highly recommended. But would you also consider input from your children as to which ring to buy?

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
I would only consider the children's input if I considered my children to be adult aged, mature, savvy jewelry consumers . . . If that's the case, they might be doing you a favor in advising you.

The question is are you buying for you or your spouse/partner? If buying for someone else, and you answered yes to the above, then heed their advice. They may have gotten input from your spouse/partner.

If it's you purchasing for yourself, in the end, it is you that must love what you choose to wear.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not under most circumstances because I know about a million times more about diamonds than my adult children! The only time I ask their opinions is if I am undecided on a setting and am interested in their preferences since I consider all my jewelry future heirlooms. I have asked their opinion on size before (such as, do you think this diamond looks too big?). But as for diamond quality, no way!!! (Ask us, seriously! We are honest because we have nothing to gain or lose from your decision.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results