shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice between 2 diamonds- Please help

SuB1iMe211

Rough_Rock
I have been searching for a perfect diamond for a couple weeks now and I have narrowed my search for a diamond to two. I have seen one in person and the other I am seeing in person later today (thus I am missing minor statistics on it). Both Diamonds are round, GIA certified diamonds around the same price. Could anyone please help me choose? I am completely lost on which one to pick...

The first diamond is:
Carat: 1.08
Clarity: VVS1
Color: G
Cut: VG
Polish: G
Symmetry: VG
Fluorescence: None

The second diamond is:
Carat: 1.02
Clarity: VS2
Color: F
Cut: Ex
Polish: Unknown (but must be VG or higher due to excellent cut)
Symmetry: Unknown (but must be VG or higher due to excellent cut)
Fluorescence: Unknown

Please note that according to GIA's online estimator of cut grade, the first diamond would have received an excellent cut if the Polish was higher than good. Therefore my decision comes down to the following: Do I get the slightly bigger diamond that is 3 levels higher in clarity or do I get the diamond 1 level higher in color & a slightly better cut (most likely due to a better polish)? Please help! Thanks

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
We need more information- do you have the report numbers for each stone? With the naked eye, you will see no difference between VS and VVS clarity. But you will pay a premium.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ditto, other numbers (just crop and paste proportions diagram, or post GIA report number for each) - those minor statistics really aren't minor ;)) and cut grade will depend on quite a bit more than pol/sym grades.

You say you've used the GIA facetware programme, post numbers you plugged into that to start with if you don't have the full report or report number

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results