shape
carat
color
clarity

Adrenal Fatigue

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
In an internet quest to figure out what the heck is wrong with me, I found that my symptoms (and high stress level) possibly indicate adrenal fatigue.

Has anyone dealt with that? Other than improving eating and exercise (Which I''m working on), what did you do to fix it? Can anyone recommend any supplements?

Thanks!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'd never heard of adrenal fatigue so I googled it and found this: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/adrenal-fatigue/AN01583

I try to eat right and do take the One a Day Women's multivitamin. Do you drink a lot of soda or eat sugary things a lot? When I stopped drinking Coke and stopped buying things with high fructose corn syrup I noticed that I felt less tired, not more. I think I was having sugar highs and then crashing. I got similar results from switching to whole grains.

My dad recently killed himself unexpectedly and I know I have a lot of stress to get through/get out. I've found that activities which release endorphins -- exercise and crying -- are very important. If I skip them for more than a day or so, I find that I feel a tightness in my throat, and I'm tired and irritable. It helps me to write in a journal to get to a place where I can cry since I'm often trying to keep the negative thoughts somewhere below the surface. Most of the time I feel loads better after a cry -- such a relief. And I am not one of those women who cry all the time, but from what I've read it makes sense that I need to do be doing it during a stressful time: http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1825

I think a lot of conditions can cause fatigue, so if diet and exercise don't help I'd see your doctor. Also, I've begun seeing a therapist (she was the one who suggested the journaling--such a god-send). If your high stress is caused by external factors (i.e. things at work or inlaws, things other than illness) then talking things through with an objective party might help both cathartically and in terms of strategizing ways to avoid or change the things that are causing stress.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting. In all of my googling, I had not come across that.

Firstly, I am so sorry to hear about Dad. That must be awful. ***Hugs*** for you, and I wish you the best of luck in dealing with that.

I do not drink pop very often, but I am junk food junkie. I KNOW my eating could be better, and I''ve been working on exercising. I think it''s mostly just perpetually being stressed, and as much as they say exercise helps, it really doesnt go away. I get anxiety attacks also. I feel like it just comes down to not properly dealing with stress - and with my busy schedule, therapy isn''t something that I could really do right now.

Im hoping that with some vitamins, better eating, and exercise this will go away. Its hard for me to stay focused with full time work and full time school.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Meditation/relaxation CDs help A LOT!

The following is the one I use:

http://www.brainsync.com/product.asp?specific=171

I listen to it with a walkman lying down on my bed. The best method is to lay down and slowly think to yourself "soften your toes," "soften your calves," and slowly go through every muscle group in your body. Doing this while listening to the CD will, over time, make it so when you hear the CD your body relaxes on it''s own.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results