shape
carat
color
clarity

adoption info suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Have been considering adopting for a while (I was adopted as an infant myself). If DH and I do decide to have kids, am pretty sure this will be the only way - since the clock is ticking and i'm not interested in getting preggers any time soon...

Do any of you have experience adopting a child from China? Do you have recommendations for websites/agencies that provide good information on the process?

The reason we have considered adopting from China is because i have many relatives that are from there...

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on thinking about adoption! I was also adopted as a baby but from Korea. Last year my husband and I adopted our first child from Korea too. So obviously I''m only familiar with Korean adoption, but the agency we used has a China program (http://www.dillonadopt.com/China-A.htm). My parents used Dillon for my adoption as well. I think someone else on PS adopted a daughter from China- maybe she''ll see this and chime in.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks LS!

There is an agency in Boston that I''ve been checking out...but it''s hard to know what agencies are "good" vs. "bad"...will def. check out the one you mentioned.

How long was the process from start to finish for you? The one I''m looking at says it takes 40+ months...

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Our adoption took 14 months from start to finish, but Korean adoptions are pretty different from Chinese ones. Actually, now that I think about it, it was 14 months from first application to bringing her home, which was in April 2009. We didn''t finalize her adoption until Dec 09, but like I said, Chinese adoptions are different and I believe in China, if both parents go over, the child is an automatic citizen when he/she steps foot on American soil (which isn''t how Korea does it).

Also, with Korean adoptions, you''re overwhelmingly likely to get a boy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results