shape
carat
color
clarity

Addressing things when you have terrible handwriting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrowmrowsmom

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I have just started addressing my STDs, and I have embarrassingly bad handwriting. I have tried to write them as neatly as possible, but they are still less than stellar looking.

I plan to pay someone to hand-write my invitations for me so I won''t have to worry about those, but I hate to send out my STDs looking like this. Am I just being paranoid? Do you notice the handwriting on letters you receive?

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I totally notice. Luckily my MOH has amazing writing and offered to do them for me. We sent ours out this past week and I''ve been getting text messages about her handwriting. So, I think people do notice. However, I''m sure they forget as soon as they throw the envelope out.

Its not something that I would stress about even though I notice. Do you know anyone that has nice handwriting? The only other suggestion I have is to practice or get a computer program that you can print nice caligraphy fonts.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
For the STD''s, I would recommend labels. They have clear ones that you can print on, or you can use the standard white ones.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Or try printing straight on the envelope. It''s not as formal as the invite so you should be okay.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
A few days ago on Weddingbee, there was a post about printing your envelopes with a scripty font in a very light color, then tracing over it with a calligraphy pen. Probably too time-consuming for save-the-dates (which I''m not even bothering to handwrite) but I''m totally stealing that idea for my wedding invitations. I''ll practice a bit beforehand so I get the method down, and hopefully it will work!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
DH''s handwriting is much better than mine so I always have him to address things. However for STD''s I think labels as Meresal suggested would be fine. STD''s are much more casual than invitations or thank you notes.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
What a good idea Octavia!!! I might consider that, but I have 140 to send out. I might go CRAZY.

But the thought of printing on envelopes right now (especially my RSVP address envelopes) is making me think that it's not going to work. My printer sucks.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I don't know if you've considered it, but I'm printing addresses directly onto the envelopes for my save the dates. I actually do have good hand writing, but I still think it would end up being messy and the lines wouldn't be straight. Printing looks really professional and nice, in my opinion. I guess it's not perfect etiquette, but I'm ok with that. I'd like to say it was super easy, but it actually took me a little time to figure out how to get the addresses in the right format to work in Word. Once I figured it out though, it's really not that hard and it looks great. I think it's as easy as printing labels because you still have to get the addresses in the right format and get it to display the way you want.

You could also try someone else's recent suggestion (I forget who suggested it originally). Print on the envelopes with a light color, then trace over with a pen so that it looks handwritten, but neat at the same time. I may try this with my actual invites, but FI thinks I'm crazy and should just print on the envelopes for those too.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I''m hiring a lady I found off craigslist. It is not actual calligraphy, just nice handwriting, so it is much less expensive. She is charging me $10/60 envelopes.

julabean

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have very good hand writing, either. For my STD''s, I made DH address them. For my invitations, my MOH (who has fabulous hand writing!) offered to do the invitations. I stuffed, she addressed, I sealed. We had a whole procession going and it made them look so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results