shape
carat
color
clarity

Addressing Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Ok, here's a question about addressing my save the dates. I'm inviting my parent's neighbors who have been like family to me for years. There are four of them, mom, dad, and two kids. I was planning on putting people's full names on the invites because it's more formal, but the dad and son have the same name. The dad goes by Andy and the son goes by Drew, but they're both Andrews. It just seems weird to have:

Mom's Name, Andrew, Andrew, Other Kid's Name

It also seems weird to put Andrew Jr because no one has ever called him that.

What would you do? I'm tempted to just put Drew and break the full names rule.

ETA: I should add that the save the dates and invites are very informal feeling, which is why I considered breaking the rule. I'm sure etiquette says one thing, but I'd rather go with what looks/sounds best since I'm not sending out anything super formal.

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
I would just break the full names rule. Even though I''m having a formal wedding, I''m doing the same myself for a few people who really don''t like their first names.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
I too would break the rule. For my wedding, I wanted to put full names of everyone on the invitations, but some people really don''t like their full names, and prefer to go by their nicknames. In cases where I knew this, I used the nicknames instead.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d probably go with Andrew Jr. and Andrew Sr., but that''s just me.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
I would put "Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Whatever and Family"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results