shape
carat
color
clarity

addressing invitations-calligraphers etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
so now i''m learning all about invitations and how expensive they can get.

how does it work with addressing invites? i''ve heard some people hire a calligrapher which runs $4 an invite?! Or they use the computerized version which is more like $2 per invite.

What are the alternatives? Are these prices standard?
thanks..

cara

Ideal_Rock
I see no need to hire someone to computer-print your invites, if you have a decent printer and some office software.

The Emily-Post etiquette position is that wedding invites are personal and should be addressed by hand, using your neatest handwriting if not calligraphy.

That said, I did my STD addresses by computer and may end up doing the wedding addresses as well. Once I figured out how to feed the envelopes through the printer without it eating them, and beat Word into submission on the layout, the printer did the work. I had all the addresses in an Excel file, and then followed Words instructions on a mail merge. The mail merge was straightforward while the page layout took a bit of trial and error. Used an inkjet on its highest quality and it looked fine.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
You can just write by hand. Or you could buy a calligraphy pen and book and try doing your own. I think that''s probably what I''ll do. It won''t be as nice or fancy as a professional, obviously, but I just can''t see paying that much!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
yea..i''m not paying couple hundred just so someone can write addresses for me!

a lovely friend of mine is apparently skilled in calligraphy and she offered to do it for me. so nice of her.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
If you''d like to entertain the idea of printing with your own printer and if you''re looking for a nice font beyond what your regualar Word program affords you, go to dafont.com and have a ball picking some out!!! Robbie suggested it to me and I found my favorites within moments. The fonts are free. I reccomend taking a peek at "AdineKirnberg-Script". Funny name but I''m in love with it and wish I could write my dissertation in it just so I can see it in huge quantity
31.gif
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results