shape
carat
color
clarity

Addressing a Widow

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pinki

Shiny_Rock
My neighbor''s husband passed about a year and a half ago, so I had addressed her STD as the formal "Mrs. John Smith", accurate for a widow. In the last 2 months she has met a new beau and now I''m about to write out her wedding invitation, but I''m not sure how I should address it. Since I''m now adding the "and Guest" do I still address her as Mrs. John Smith and Guest? Seems weird. Would I switch to using Ms. Jane Smith and Guest?

Thoughts?

Cj

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
That''s an interesting question. Technically, if she has not remarried she is still "Mrs. John Smith." But given her dating status, I do think if you wanted to, that you could ask her how she would like to be addressed.

I think it also depends on the woman, her age and how formal she is with her marital status, because some women really do identify with their husbands, or late-husbands names and prefer to be called by them. Someone a bit younger, might be okay with Ms. XXXXX Smith.

I hope you figure it out.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would ask her what she prefers.

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies!

Cj

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results