shape
carat
color
clarity

Add white side stones for yellow center stone set in gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lamtmann

Rough_Rock
I got engaged on Saturday and my fiance gave me a beautiful yellow princess diamond, 1.57 carats, set in a 14-karat yellow band. I''m a redhead with freckles and we both thought these warm colors would look terrific on me - and they do! My question is, should we consider having two white side stones added to the ring? In magazines and jewelry stores, the yellow diamonds I see that are set in gold almost always have white stones on the side. They seem to highlight the yellow center stone, setting it apart from the yellow band. I also need advice on the shape, size, and color that would look best. I have seen trillions (triangular stones - did I get the name right?) next to princess stones, and my jeweler suggested pear-shaped side stones. What does everyone think? And what are some good magazines for ideas? Thank you.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!

There are a bunch of yellow diamond rings with white sides posted at diamondsbylauren.com These might give you some ideas as to waht color grades (white) look good as sides for a yellow. Besides, I really do not remember to have seen many rings with pears as side stones for a princess! This combination should be quite intriguing if you like to look of it... However, your questions are about matters of taste, so, the best I could ever do is give my penny worth of a thought: YES, I would love a pair of well, cut D-E VS pears near a yellow princess! Hmmm... and a pair of equally white, clear and well cut (step cut) trapezoids would be great too!

Best of luck with yours!
1.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Lamtmann and congratulations on your engagement. I like the look of white side stones with the colored center. I think the trillions would look better than pears because of the hard angles of the princess center stone. Just my personal opinion though.

Oh, and don't forget, we must see pictures!

Diamonlil
9.gif

detta

Rough_Rock
If you go to the site www.adiamondisforever.com, you can design your own engagement ring, using both the pears and the trillions on the side of the princess cut and see exactly what they both look like. I personally like the look of the white trillions on the side. Check it out-go to the design gallery
appl.gif
. It helped me narrow down my decisions.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Very white D-E color pears or trapezoids would look great next to a yellow diamond. Trilliants are a great shape but they tend to dull out when they get a little dirty.
The other cut that dulls out when dirty are the baguettes.

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
My friend has a princess with trillions on the side, and it look incredible. I would not put pears on the side of the princess becaue the princess is angular, and I would match it with a shape that fits those angles. Just my opinion.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/27/2003 7:52:31 PM dimonbob wrote:

Very white D-E color pears or trapezoids would look great next to a yellow diamond.----------------

Princess and pears, soft and strong shapes aside,... should not really be a bad start. I could not find any such combination (which may be a good sign, if you are after a unique look), but if your ring will end up looking close to the combination pictured here (WWW ), well, please accept my anticipated congratulations!

wavey.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OUPS, no picture... the origin is the link above, but the thing is way cool to hide under that 'WWW'!

c.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results