shape
carat
color
clarity

Add me please! New addition :)

rochelle

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone :wavey:

My SO and I will have been together six years toward the end of the year. We started ring shopping a year ago, and he purchased a diamond some time later. We even scouted out venues while we were on vacation. The holidays came and went (he can propose with a ring pop for all I care), Valentine's Day, my birthday just passed...when is he going to propose?!! :nono: I'm getting so tired of the "so when are you..." from friends, his thanking me for being so patient, his apologizing for us not being engaged yet, etcetc. I understand he's trying his best to save to take care of us and our future family, and there's the pressure of making the proposal ultra special, but I'm going mental waiting. :errrr:

The only saving grace for waiting is that we'll have enough in the bank to upgrade the stone from RB to antique cushion LOL! :lol:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Rochelle! Six years?! You are much more patient than me. :bigsmile: I hope you aren't on the list long!

Have you seen the ring? Is it hidden in the house?

rochelle

Rough_Rock
antiquesparkler|1372379566|3473480 said:
Welcome Rochelle! Six years?! You are much more patient than me. :bigsmile: I hope you aren't on the list long!

Have you seen the ring? Is it hidden in the house?

Thank you, Antiquesparkler! Hahaha...it's been difficult at times to be patient, especially lately :roll: But I know it'll be worth it in the end.

Nope, I haven't seen the completed ring! I know it'll just be a simple solitaire though, because I decided I'd rather do a custom project on my ultimate "forever" stone later on. It should be in the house! I haven't opened his nightstand drawer for months because I want to keep it a surprise :))

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I need a lesson in how not to be a snoop. Lol!

Well I hope he proposes soon!

I know that they always want to make is a suprise but sometimes when I get up in the morning I think about how cute it would be to have SO there with breakfast and MY RING! I really dont need some big fancy proposal...Just a proposal! grrr.

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Welcome. I hope you get your proposal very soon and when it's a good relationship, it's generally worth the wait.

If I thought the ring was in the house, I couldn't NOT snoop. I'm too curious. ;-)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Welcome! RB to antique cushion is a very good choice ;))

rochelle

Rough_Rock
Haha it definitely takes willpower not to snoop! I kept taking the stone out of his drawer the first month to stare, but it wasn't that satisfying "wearing" it in the mock setting, since my ring size is 3.5 and the mock is easily an 8. Plus the jeweler who was creating my real setting didn't follow my original specifications and turned out to be a bit of a jerk to boot. So in an attempt to salvage my ring experience, I asked my SO to finish out dealing with the jeweler, and I promised myself not to look for the finished product. I'm so glad I did this. The jeweler had really soured the experience for me, so not seeing the ring has allowed me to become excited again.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to LIW rochelle! :wavey:

I've been with my SO for six years too. :bigsmile: I'm sorry your jeweller was a disappointment, but glad that your SO wound everything up for you! I saw photos of my ring, but I've decided to wait to see it in real life too, I can't wait.

And WOW you have tiny fingers!

rochelle

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes!

Chewbacca, I hope you will see your ring soon!

Yes, jewelers' eyes usually widen when they see my fingers and/or find out my ring size! It makes it very difficult to find affordable costume jewelry, but the upside is that diamonds look much bigger against them :lol:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I know what you mean! My fingers aren't quite as small as yours, but when I had my RHR resized I got a call from the gallery saying that the jeweller wanted to make sure that I was SURE it was my size. ;))

So do you have any idea at all when it might happen? A 'deadline' of sorts? Will you upgrade to an AC before he has a chance to propose with your RB?

rochelle

Rough_Rock
So do you have any idea at all when it might happen? A 'deadline' of sorts? Will you upgrade to an AC before he has a chance to propose with your RB?[/quote]

Now I do! Last week he could tell I was becoming very frustrated and stressed waiting for him. We had a frank discussion, and he realized he had been focused on making his mother happy (through trying to make more money), when he should have been trying to make me happy. I thought what he said was so sensitive and sweet. He promised to take me on several dates during the next month (to keep the surprise element intact), and he'll propose during one of them.

No, won't be upgrading before then. He said we shouldn't yet since I haven't even properly worn the RB, but we can "soon." I'm hoping to check out AVCs in person later this summer (we purchased the RB from GOG), and I live fairly close to Single Stone and Victor Canera's place of business. Pricescope is such a fantastic resource, but oh boy, it leaves you wanting everything :roll:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Eeek, this month! Thats so exciting. I wonder if he'll go for the double fake out and propose on the first date!

A few LIW's have gone on to change their ring in the months following their engagement, so you are in good company. ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results