shape
carat
color
clarity

Active, yet low-impact ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, everyone!

So, I had an entire summer of biking, skating, running, and sports teams all planned out.
And then I broke my elbow on my first day of summer vacation.
23.gif
39.gif

I''m looking for good low-impact yet active things to do. I already take our dog out for at least an hour long walk every day, and we play fetch even though I don''t have the best arm when it comes to throwing lefty. But I''m bored! I typically join really aggressive, high-impact sports (kickboxing, speed skating, martial arts,) so I this has been an adjustment.

I love being outdoors, and I have a lot of time because I''m a teacher and we''re on vacation until the beginning of August. Swimming and running are out, swimming because I can''t move my right arm, and running because I also hurt my tailbone when I fell so the impact irritates that injury.

Beyond walking, what activities do you do that aren''t high-impact? I''m desperate to break a sweat!

Thanks for your suggestions!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
How about roller blading? I used to rollerblade around my neighbourhood every night to keep fit (great for your bum and thighs also) but have it up when I broke my last pair and havn''t found anywhere selling them anymore
7.gif

It''s much much less low impact then running which can really dammage your knees over time, and it''s alot of fun.

I don''t know how you''d get on with your balance with one imobile arm though.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I could rollerblade! I can''t risk falling and making my elbow break any worse though.
39.gif

I rollerbladed all last summer, and promised our poor puppy that we''d do it again this summer. She likes to pull me up and down the path behind our house.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Haven, I don''t know if you can do this where you live, but I went paddle boating last weekend with my sister''s family and it was fun! Just had to use my feet.

I had the same problems trying to do something aerobic when I fractured my elbow this past winter. Is shopping considered a sport?

Hope you are feeling and healing well.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven, sorry to hear about your injuries. I broke my tailbone roller skating one time, almost anything will flare it up for months. I think walking is your best bet for a while. I hope you heal soon. Take care.
1094232nk7m1yvh5r.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
It would depend on where you live, as I tried to hook another friend of mine up only to find there wasn''t a trainer in her area, but I LOVE gyrotonics...it is a low impact cross between passive stretching, weights, and increased range of motion. It sounds like it could be perfect as an adjunct for you given the recent fall.

www.gyrotonics.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results