shape
carat
color
clarity

Acrylic nails

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to say Target or CVS. Sorry, I've had them a few weeks before I decided to finally fry them on Thursday. Here are a couple quick pictures 20190216_134347.jpg 20190216_134407.jpg 20190216_134419.jpg 20190216_134428.jpg

The thumb nail gave me the most problems. They are secure. but lifted a little if that makes sense. I think it's that my nail beds are flat, they curve side to side, as well as the length. But they've stayed on, and should remove fairly easily with regular remover. I can report back on that, probably tomorrow or Monday

Ok, thanks, yes those would be my first choice since they don’t damage the nail bed. I’ll look for them.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just spoke to my SIL. She doesn’t remember the name of them but she purchased them at either Target or Walgreens. I hope this helps Whitewave. She had them for a couple months before she decided to use them.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just spoke to my SIL. She doesn’t remember the name of them but she purchased them at either Target or Walgreens. I hope this helps Whitewave. She had them for a couple months before she decided to use them.

Thanks, I will be on the lookout

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave Could you not just have a beautiful manicure on your short nails? It would hide any imperfections in your nails but not cause extra damage. Your dress is beautiful & you could have a really dark dusky grey, high shine professional polish? I used to have beautiful long, square tipped nails in my 20’s that everyone lusted after, but now that i’m in my 40’s I keep them very short, but very neatly polished. Would this be an option?

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
5823B999-F953-4DF2-A8DD-FEEC74121BCF.jpeg You could do SNS manicure. It has the look of acrylic or gel but is good for your nails. It is a dip powder. The color is in the powder. My nails grow like crazy when I have this done. It also lasts three weeks or longer.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave Could you not just have a beautiful manicure on your short nails? It would hide any imperfections in your nails but not cause extra damage. Your dress is beautiful & you could have a really dark dusky grey, high shine professional polish? I used to have beautiful long, square tipped nails in my 20’s that everyone lusted after, but now that i’m in my 40’s I keep them very short, but very neatly polished. Would this be an option?

They are super short, as in like when they break off short and it hurts. That is how they have been peeling. I have 3 that are that short today, but I do agree a nice manicure is perfectly fine.

This is one of those events where we start at 4 pm in full done regalia and it goes until 2 am and we have a hotel room downtown too. So it’s going to be dark/dim for most of that time. Oh, I just reminded myself that I need some 5 hour energies lol.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
You can go to a salon that does CND or Gelish. My nail salon uses Bioseaweed gel and SNS dip.

Methyl methacrylate is the ingredient to avoid. It actually affects your nail bed to the point of lifting. The above brands only need buffing on your nails to stick.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
5823B999-F953-4DF2-A8DD-FEEC74121BCF.jpeg You could do SNS manicure. It has the look of acrylic or gel but is good for your nails. It is a dip powder. The color is in the powder. My nails grow like crazy when I have this done. It also lasts three weeks or longer.

IKR? Mine can last 3 weeks while powerlifting. :lol-2:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to say Target or CVS. Sorry, I've had them a few weeks before I decided to finally fry them on Thursday. Here are a couple quick pictures 20190216_134347.jpg 20190216_134407.jpg 20190216_134419.jpg 20190216_134428.jpg

The thumb nail gave me the most problems. They are secure. but lifted a little if that makes sense. I think it's that my nail beds are flat, they curve side to side, as well as the length. But they've stayed on, and should remove fairly easily with regular remover. I can report back on that, probably tomorrow or Monday

Just correcting that my nail bed ISN'T flat. This is also my first time try g the product. I do have to say, that while it's not the same as a salon manicure, I am impressed they've lasted three days on me. I may try to make it to Monday, just to see how it goes.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
I've never tried press on nails but have heard good things about Static Nails...maybe give them a try!

If you're wanting to grow out short, weak nails, I would definitely recommend a bio gel overlay. It's supposed to be the healthiest nail treatment on the market. The gel is applied directly to your natural nails before buffing and polish and provides an extra layer of protection. This helps to make your nails less prone to breakage thereby helping them to grow longer. I've been getting bio gel overlays for over 3 years now and I love it. My nails never break and my polish never chips. When I go in for my fills every 4 weeks, my nails still look the same as the first day...except for the growth, that is!

These are my natural nails with the overlay...no tips..
mn11.jpg unigreen.jpg mf1.jpg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never tried press on nails but have heard good things about Static Nails...maybe give them a try!

If you're wanting to grow out short, weak nails, I would definitely recommend a bio gel overlay. It's supposed to be the healthiest nail treatment on the market. The gel is applied directly to your natural nails before buffing and polish and provides an extra layer of protection. This helps to make your nails less prone to breakage thereby helping them to grow longer. I've been getting bio gel overlays for over 3 years now and I love it. My nails never break and my polish never chips. When I go in for my fills every 4 weeks, my nails still look the same as the first day...except for the growth, that is!

These are my natural nails with the overlay...no tips..
mn11.jpg unigreen.jpg mf1.jpg

Wow, and your ring is gorgeous!

Makeupartistschoice.com 33% off code pday2019

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I bought 2 sets of press ons and some nailtique therapy (2 plus) for nails with a host of issues lol.

My brother’s friend C is a nail tech in New Orleans and she has begged me to not do anything that will use a drill. I stopped in one place today and they said if they don’t use a drill, the nails would pop off in a day.

So I think the plan for now is use the nailtique until this weekend and then use the press on nails. C said she would give me a good manicure once I get to Nola. She owes me a favor, so I will take her up on it.

Thanks, everyone.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nailtiques :kiss2: saved my nails!

bespokecarmel

Shiny_Rock
Whitewave, this does not address your immediate situation, but after suddenly developing weak, peeling nails after years of healthy ones, I took a long look at what might be causing the change. I determined that hand sanitizer-specifically the constant use of an alcohol based sanitizer-was the culprit. After changing to gloves and waiting some weeks for the nails to grow, I’m back to strong healthy nails.
Just a thought to anyone who has this problem...

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitewave, this does not address your immediate situation, but after suddenly developing weak, peeling nails after years of healthy ones, I took a long look at what might be causing the change. I determined that hand sanitizer-specifically the constant use of an alcohol based sanitizer-was the culprit. After changing to gloves and waiting some weeks for the nails to grow, I’m back to strong healthy nails.

Thanks, yes, I should try to figure this out. They have always peeled, but it’s so much worse than usual. I am under a lot of stress.

@KristinTech I had totally forgotten about nailtique until C told me to buy some.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have NEVER thought about hand sanitizer being the culprit in the cause of my peeling nails. I work with special needs kids, who don't always say when they don't feel well, and we work so closely with them , too. So I wash or sanitize my hands constantly during the day. I'm sure I use the sanitizer more than the average person. I'm going to try not using it for the next few weeks and see if there is an improvement. Thanks for the idea!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have NEVER thought about hand sanitizer being the culprit in the cause of my peeling nails. I work with special needs kids, who don't always say when they don't feel well, and we work so closely with them , too. So I wash or sanitize my hands constantly during the day. I'm sure I use the sanitizer more than the average person. I'm going to try not using it for the next few weeks and see if there is an improvement. Thanks for the idea!
You can also use clear UV gel and fill in any regrowth without removing it. Gel will protect your nails from constant washing and sanitizer use.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can also use clear UV gel and fill in any regrowth without removing it. Gel will protect your nails from constant washing and sanitizer use.

@baby monster
That's a good idea, too. Though my nails did peel with the SH Miracle Gel. Hmm. Thinking.
Thanks!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@baby monster
That's a good idea, too. Though my nails did peel with the SH Miracle Gel. Hmm. Thinking.
Thanks!
SH miracle gel is not UV cured gel so it won't give the same effect. I'm referring to Gelish or builder gel. That stuff is hard as glass once cured.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SH miracle gel is not UV cured gel so it won't give the same effect. I'm referring to Gelish or builder gel. That stuff is hard as glass once cured.

Got it. Thanks.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9F7A877B-3B6F-4AB2-BB38-BE5BD0379EF0.jpeg

FML :eek2::sleep: the red is peel left over and will be gone tomorrow. The right eyebrow however lol....

I shave the little white hairs on my face because make up looks better when I do. I guess my mind wandered for a minute thinking about the trial and....
Oops.

Does anyone have a specific product to use to draw it back in.

Luckily I have thin, blonde (I dye them) and sparse eyebrows anyway so this shouldn’t be too bad...

Any suggestions? Remember though that I live in a small town so need more like drugstore products.

Thanks in advance.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
looks great!!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, everyone. You all are very kind.

Now, I have to get through the trial this week and hopefully my life will get back on course.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful - so glad it all worked out for you! Keep us updated on the trial and best wishes to you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results