shape
carat
color
clarity

Accidentally Called Someone....Oops

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Ever done that? You press the wrong button on the cellphone and it accidentally calls someone? Yeah, well I did that last night. It's someone that I would not normally be calling, especially on Christmas day!!! Ugh. And if they saw it, their going to be scratching their heads. I need to clean out my phone book, I guess. I quick hung up and I'm hoping it didn't register on their phone, but it rang probably almost twice. I shouldn't worry about it, but I just feel embarrassed. How many rings does it take for a # to register onto someone's call log? (their in another state, if that makes a difference)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I called my ex like this once, I took all my numbers except family off speed-dial right quick after that!

39.gif

He called me back, too, to find out why I''d called - and I think it only rang a couple of times. I think that depends on your provider and phone itself - I don''t register missed calls until it''s rung for a bit, but FI''s phone picks them up even if you hang up right away.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never called someone accidently, BUT I once sent a text meant for my DH (then fiance) to my BOSS, that said I love you. Hah, I have never been so embarrassed!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2009 9:25:52 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
I''ve never called someone accidently, BUT I once sent a text meant for my DH (then fiance) to my BOSS, that said I love you. Hah, I have never been so embarrassed!
I never called someone accidently either. I don''t text, but did send an email that was meant for DH, but went to the D I was venting about. Whoops!!! It was a decoarator from H** that was driving me insano. She emailed me back, excuse me?? I just about died....
3.gif

That was years ago, and have learned my lesson.
31.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2009 8:58:58 PM
Author: yssie
I called my ex like this once, I took all my numbers except family off speed-dial right quick after that!

39.gif

He called me back, too, to find out why I''d called - and I think it only rang a couple of times. I think that depends on your provider and phone itself - I don''t register missed calls until it''s rung for a bit, but FI''s phone picks them up even if you hang up right away.
Ugh. I''m really surprised I didn''t get a call back.....I''m crossing my fingers that that means the # didn''t register! Now I''m pretty much triple checking every time I press a button on that thing!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Uhh, yes! Haha. I wanted to call one particular Lindsay B_____ and I forgot I had two on my phone. I just hit send when I got to the first one without actually looking at the full last name. When she answered her voice wasn't what I was expecting, but she did answer it as Lindsay. So I just started talking and she was really confused. I realized it was an old co-worker who had probably deleted my number from her phone, so I just said it was a wrong number and hung up. Lol. I was so embarrassed!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've never called anyone accidently, but someone did call me the other day (didn't leave a message - just I had her number in my phone). I went up to her thinking she was calling about school related stuff and asked if there was any news. lol She looked confused and I felt like an idiot and turned and walked off. In the distance I could see her checking her phone log.
37.gif

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Don't be embarrassed, it happens all the time (as in, I do it to others, and others do it to me). People understand. No big deal.

It's only kind of embarrassing if it's an ex
11.gif
And even then, so what. If it makes you feel better, send them a text saying "oops! Called you by mistake, didn't mean to! Hope all's well, happy holidays" or something.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Don''t feel bad! We''ve all done it one time or another.

I usually delete phone numbers from my cell if I don''t ever want to call a certain person again. That eliminates any possibility of my dialing them up by accident. Touchscreen phones increase the likelihood of this! It''s awful, I agree!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve definitely done my fair share of butt-dialing..

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Yup, I''ve done that before. Its a good motivator to stop procratinating and clean out the phone book on your cell phone!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh, Jo . . . that sucks. Can I ask who you accidentally called? Was it who I''m afraid it was?!?!
40.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought I was calling a local eatery, and called Gramma Joyce once..I was so lost when she answered. She''s like shoot, if I''d known you were going to call for food, I''d''ve had supper ready! A few days before I did that, I thought I was calling the Mexican place and called my other Gramma. When I worked full time sometimes I''d forget I was at home and answer the phone like I was at work.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 10:01:01 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Ohhhhh, Jo . . . that sucks. Can I ask who you accidentally called? Was it who I''m afraid it was?!?!
40.gif
No, it wasn''t. Actually, I think that would''ve been better.
39.gif
I''m just telling myself that the call never went through.....Even though I''m betting it did.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Ha, been there done that. I actually kept my ex''s phone # on my phone for like 6 mos or so after we stopped dating, because he would still call. It had the most obnoxious ring tone so everyone knew it was hime - but I did that so that I wouldn''t accidentally answer and talk to this person. Then I got a new number, and problem solved.

But I do try to make things pretty clear on my phone when doing so ... like change their name to something noticeable like PSYCHO - or DO NOT ANSWER. If it is someone like Matt - I just make sure to include first and last names, and not just initials, so that it is a bit more noticable about who I''m calling.

I think it takes a partial ring to register on their phone. If it is someone who doesn''t call you and you don''t call.. I''d just delete the number from your phone so it doesn''t happen again.

I now only have names and number of people I want to talk to on my phone... makes things a lot easier!
9.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
My little girl has a habit of dialing blindly on my cell. She has called plenty of people including a few on xmas day. I now delete any potentially embarrassing numbers (ex''s, work related people) and try to lock the phone when I can!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 11:02:36 AM
Author: tlh
Ha, been there done that. I actually kept my ex''s phone # on my phone for like 6 mos or so after we stopped dating, because he would still call. It had the most obnoxious ring tone so everyone knew it was hime - but I did that so that I wouldn''t accidentally answer and talk to this person. Then I got a new number, and problem solved.

But I do try to make things pretty clear on my phone when doing so ... like change their name to something noticeable like PSYCHO - or DO NOT ANSWER. If it is someone like Matt - I just make sure to include first and last names, and not just initials, so that it is a bit more noticable about who I''m calling.

I think it takes a partial ring to register on their phone. If it is someone who doesn''t call you and you don''t call.. I''d just delete the number from your phone so it doesn''t happen again.

I now only have names and number of people I want to talk to on my phone... makes things a lot easier!
9.gif
Only 6 months?! Lol - well, to show how bad I am with my phonebook.....I have my great aunt''s # in here.....And she died in 2003. Whoopsies. I do have some #''s that I want to keep so I know when not to answer.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t done that yet, but there was a time when I kept calling calls from this one phone number. I didn''t answer since I don''t answer calls from number I don''t recognize. I figure if it''s important, they''ll leave a message and I can call back. Anyways, I got a text a few days later and it was a guy I casually dated saying that he''s been accidentally calling me and that he will remember go lock his phone. After that, I still got calls from him occasionally, and I just text him "please lock your phone". He isn''t the only one who had accidentally called me. I get it very often since my name starts with an A and are the first person on a lot of people''s phone book.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of accidentally calling someone, have you heard of butt calls?
That's when you had your cell in your pants' pocket and the buttons just got pressed by moving around.
Your butt called them.

I'm not making this up, and it did happen to me.
A friend explained and said, "Oh, it was just a butt call? Okay, Bye.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 1:06:04 PM
Author: kenny
That''s when you had your cell in your pants'' pocket and the buttons just got pressed by moving around.
Your butt called them.

I''m not making this up, and it did happen to me.
A friend explained and said, ''Oh, it was just a butt call? Okay, Bye.
I''ve not made any butt calls, but have been the receiver of one or 2......pocket calls, as well.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
You have to try to see the funny side. We all have or will do this at some stage.

I hate that cell phones & caller ID record the calls.

Thank goodness for caller witheld.

NY Princess

Rough_Rock
I''m not much of a phone person, so no I don''t think that''s happened to me but my MIL who gets along fabulously with my SIL (her other son''s wife) is always calling me by mistake and saying "oh, I''m sorry...I meant to call SIL" to which I respond, "then you definately got the wrong number because I''m not her."

I think that''s funny but my DH thinks it''s rude for me to say that to his Mom.
31.gif

NY Princess

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 1:06:04 PM
Author: kenny
That''s when you had your cell in your pants'' pocket and the buttons just got pressed by moving around.
Your butt called them.

I''m not making this up, and it did happen to me.
A friend explained and said, ''Oh, it was just a butt call? Okay, Bye.
YES!!! That happened to me, I was ranting to my dad about my younger brother and he butt called my brother by mistake and left a message on my brother''s voicemail with me in the background totally ragging him out.

That was AWFUL but funny.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results