shape
carat
color
clarity

accesorize me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Please? This is the dress I''ll be wearing to my 10th HS reunion and I need to accesorize! -- jewelry, clutch, shoes. I have acream ballet style shrug I plan to wear.

If it helps, I plan to wear my hair down in big loose curls with just the crown pulled back loosely a la Bridget Bardot. Make-up wise I''l likely do a dramatic brown smokey eye (with my falsies for added pow!
2.gif
) with a nude lip with just the barest hint of a sheer browney pink.

The reunion is Sept 2, so not much time left to shop! Help! I need more manpower behind the searching than just me (not the greatest internet shopper)

abgold.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
where did you find this dress? it''s super cute.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i got the dress at arden b during the holiday season, but never wore it.

btw, my hubby (my date
2.gif
) is a cutie but a shortie, so heel height is limited to 2 1/2" or less, preferably, less than 2 1/4". This is all I''ve found so far, and it is WAY more bling than I''m used to on my shoes!! I think something aa bit more subtle would fit my style more, but I''m getting desperate!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
whoops...here it is

sb12034.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i don't know what colors to look for other than nude, gold or bronze...any other suggestions?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
JBC,

WOW, you will knock their eyes out!!! You will look sooooooooooooooooo adorable. Now in my younger days, I would have worn something like that to my 10 year reunion too. In fact, I did wear something like that to my 20th
9.gif
!!!!!!!!!

Now, for my 40th, we cover up more, as thing tend to SAG, ha ha ha ha ha haha.

You will be the belle of the ball, no denying that!!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOOOOPs, I meant GBC, not JBC. Sorry about that.

Linda

sera

Ideal_Rock

sera

Ideal_Rock

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Or this Stuart Weitzman pair, a little pricier but super cute (and on sale!):

SWGoldShoes.jpg

sera

Ideal_Rock
A gold with silver necklace might look nice so everything is not gold head to toe... I think the slight touch of silver might look nice with the cream shrug and would pick up that creamy silvery tone in the dress (and also in the rhinestones of the shoes posted). It also has a matching
cuff bracelet and a couple different earrings (circle and hoop). Sorry the previous pics are so big; I didn't realize they would be and I couldn't resize because my photo editing things aren't working right now.

ETA: I wanted to add the links to the earrings and cuff. The hoop earrings I saw were actually Nadri and not matching. Anna Beck does have a teardrop shape in addition to the circles.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Or these Anne Kleins ... also in the $200+ range, but fun and unique!

AKGoldShoes.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i would do a multi-strand cream & champagne pearl necklace...
i see it in my head but haven''t found a pic online
20.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
LOVE that clutch!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
have you checked out zappos?

6628-268896-p[1].jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
funkier option. also zappos. these come in gold too.

6218-481198-p[1].jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
and another.

1733-197854-p[1].jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
more blingy. also zappos.

6900-391837-p[1].jpg

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 4:15:22 PM
Author: jcrow
i would do a multi-strand cream & champagne pearl necklace...

i see it in my head but haven''t found a pic online
20.gif
Yeah, I was thinking about the same thing and went to the Nordtrom page because they had them a couple months ago! I actually have one that I got from Macy''s a few years ago with earrings that would be perfect! Soft gold, cream and champagne! If you''re crafty you could pick up pearls and Swarovski crystals at Michael''s and DIY. Or a local bead shop may also have some great pearl focal points.

These earrings are closer in color but the matching necklace (link at bottom right of page) appears a lot more white than cream.

LOVE this necklace but it also looks very white.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 4:24:09 PM
Author: jcrow
LOVE that clutch!
Me too! I want it!!!!!!!!

Love Zappos too! I''ve found some hard to find shoes there!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
this would be cute with the funky pearl route.

zappos

6627-505154-p[1].jpg

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, GingerB, great dress! Considering the display neckline and soft, neutral quasi-metallic of the dress, I can''t help but think that you may be missing out on an opportunity to do bold accessories.

For instance, do you have a favorite necklace that''s ruby red? Or gold-and-uncut amethyst? Or even turquoise? For some reason, I can see some show-stopper necklace with a wow color that is strung in gold. Then, a neutral/subdued handbag in a color similar to the dress, perhaps a single bracelet in the accent color of that necklace you love... what can I say, that dress is a tableau for showing off a fabulous poitrine, and to me, I''m seeing an opportunity to wear your most favorite necklace of all time. Gold on gold on gold might be kinda boring.

sera

Ideal_Rock

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
fleur-de-lis - you''re so right! urgh, i wish i didn''t play it so safe sometimes
20.gif
24.gif

and yeh, sera - fleshy colored shoes i''d still do with an eye-popping necklace/clutch color.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
linda w - thanks! i just hope i''ll look as good as i imagine you to look in your gorgeous teal dress for my 40th!

sera - i LOVE that first clutch sera...a little funky, but still very elegant. But the price tag is a little ouch for me for a clutch.
7.gif
esp since i got a very fun early b-day present from hubby and miss coco
2.gif

ephemery - the last pair you posted was perfect -- unfortunatley zappos is out of my size...booo... I really like some of other pairs too, but I wanted straps around my heel cuz we love to dance and i need my shoes to stay on my feet!

jcrow - oooh..the multistrand pearls sounds perfect, if you see it, please send it my way -- now i have a goal to look for. I really like that gold necklace from AT also, but you''re right, it would be gold overload with this dress.

fleur - you are so right, i am so unadventurous when it comes to color -- must be from working in such a conservative environment! soemtimes i really just need a remonder to not be so boring!

thanks to all the ladies for helping me shop! work has been sooo busy i haven''t had time to look and time is a ticking! please continue to send any suggestions my way!!! I''m going to look more in depth at all these items right now!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
what do you think of these shoes?

pair23156.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
close up. do you think wedges would work with this dress? or do i need heels?

closeup43125.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results