shape
carat
color
clarity

ACA Input

michelles85

Shiny_Rock
Hello all,

I recently upgraded my ring to an ACA but have a question. I've read forums not to choose SI1 stones w/ twinning wisps as the main clarity due to snow globe effect. The stone itself is pretty but wanted to seek some input since i'm still within the return period. When taking photos, there are specks that i think are the twinning wisp clarities? not too sure :(

Can anyone shed some light based on photos posted? it's hard to tell after i uploaded photo but more legible when looking at photos on my phone. I also don't currently have the ring on me since it's being set w/ another jeweler but i wasn't sure if anyone can assist based on below photos. Thanks so much for your help in advance!

photo 2.jpg photo 1.jpg

TODiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I def see the specs you're referring to.

When you bought the stone, on the WF website, was it listed as "eye clean" or "call to inquire" (which means it's not eye clean... wish they would just say that instead of being coy)

michelles85

Shiny_Rock
I def see the specs you're referring to.

When you bought the stone, on the WF website, was it listed as "eye clean" or "call to inquire" (which means it's not eye clean... wish they would just say that instead of being coy)

It said eye clean and the rep I worked with confirmed there weren’t any negative affects. When viewing the stone in person, I didn’t notice The effects but noticed when taking photos. So thought I’d ask for some input.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t tell from those pics, the stone looks lovely to me! Is it completely clean? Stones pick up dust etc very easily. It looks to be a good size and therefore quite costly, if you’re not absolutely happy with it I’d definitely consider changing it (although how does that work if it’s been sent elsewhere for setting??).

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Make sure to clean fully, and if you don't notice when your own eyes then that's the most important thing.

Close ups and magnified shots will allow clarity issues, it is an SI1 after all. I'm a big advocate for truly eye clean si stones

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eye clean has been defined on the WF website I believe. That is for normal viewing situations. Extreme close up or magnification by camera isn't part of that. If in normal viewing conditions you see nothing, then I would assume it is eye clean. However, there is also the mind clean component and when eye clean and mind clean collide, you might have to rethink your choice. Only you can determine if that is a detriment for you.

michelles85

Shiny_Rock
thank you so much for your inputs! When i received the ring, it did appear super bright/clear in person, especially for a K colored stone. But as i read the forums and saw mentions of twinning wisps posing haziness/dullness, etc.., it kind of alarmed me since i never had an SI1 stone before. My previous stones were VS1 and VS2 and never had issues when taking photographs so i think that's where i wasn't understanding why i was able to pick up these little specks of inclusions in photos.

And another thing was i read something about twinning wisps as the main grade setting inclusion will appear as snow globe effect so thought this one might be that too. Couldn't really find any photos to compare to but overall, WhiteFlash does have an awesome upgrade policy so worst case, guess i can upgrade in the future. =)2

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a previous stone - not ACA - many years ago. It had twinning wisps and I could not see them without magnification. It was a beautiful diamond. I think you have to take the comments on a case by case basis. Sometimes the comments about twinning wisps can be true but not always - your diamond looks beautiful to me!

michelles85

Shiny_Rock
I had a previous stone - not ACA - many years ago. It had twinning wisps and I could not see them without magnification. It was a beautiful diamond. I think you have to take the comments on a case by case basis. Sometimes the comments about twinning wisps can be true but not always - your diamond looks beautiful to me!

Thanks so much for the reassurance! Merry Christmas!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@michelles85 ,
We inspect for transparency issues in all A CUT ABOVE diamonds. Any clarity features that diminish light performance in an appreciable way will disqualify the diamond from the brand.
See "Filtering for Clarity Issues" at the link above.

And as you point out, you have a lifetime 100% upgrade benefit should you ever decide on a high clarity grade, or other change.

@gm89uk makes a good point about the importance of keeping the diamond clean. This is true of ANY diamond. You should have received a brochure with the diamond with tips on cleaning. Here is a digital version:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, hard to believe that is K color from your pictures! It's a gorgeous diamond! I agree with everything MissGotRocks said. It's eyeclean, but is it mindclean? The great thing is WF's awesome upgrade policy. You can change to a higher color, clarity, or size at any time. That has always been reassuring to me, and I have upgraded diamond studs multiple times!

michelles85

Shiny_Rock
@michelles85 ,
We inspect for transparency issues in all A CUT ABOVE diamonds. Any clarity features that diminish light performance in an appreciable way will disqualify the diamond from the brand.
See "Filtering for Clarity Issues" at the link above.

And as you point out, you have a lifetime 100% upgrade benefit should you ever decide on a high clarity grade, or other change.

@gm89uk makes a good point about the importance of keeping the diamond clean. This is true of ANY diamond. You should have received a brochure with the diamond with tips on cleaning. Here is a digital version:

WOW thank you so much for the reassurance. I think reading posts about twinning wisps and the photos i took on my own got to me after purchasing stone. I am really happy with my purchase and hopefully one day, i can upgrade to a similar sized stone with higher clarity, given the awesome upgrade policy! Thank you so much for the response/clarification.

michelles85

Shiny_Rock
Wow, hard to believe that is K color from your pictures! It's a gorgeous diamond! I agree with everything MissGotRocks said. It's eyeclean, but is it mindclean? The great thing is WF's awesome upgrade policy. You can change to a higher color, clarity, or size at any time. That has always been reassuring to me, and I have upgraded diamond studs multiple times!

Right? it's super sparkly and maybe i'm not that color sensitive but it does appear super white. My previous stone was an I color set in halo but i always thought it looked kind of.. dark? i feel like this K face up, appears more white! love it! =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results