shape
carat
color
clarity

Absolute quietest under-counter wine cooler?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As part of my kitchen remodel last year I put in an under-counter wine cooler. It was a relatively low-end brand (Avanti) but I liked the style more than anything else I saw so I went with it. Eventually it started running warmer and warmer, and last week (at 10 degrees too warm) it was replaced. Well the model I had was discontinued so they gave me the newer version. I HATE IT. Aside from the two things that mattered to me on the style of the first one being completely changed (I had a handle on the top, not the side of the door, and the shelf fronts were stainless, now they're light wood) it sounds like a 747 in my kitchen. AND the fan/compressor cycles on and off literally every three minutes with a CLICK when it starts and a CLICK when it stops. I know this because I have been awake for three solid nights now looking at the clock while it happens.

The two recommendations I've gotten so far are Sub-Zero and U-Line. My wallet definitely prefers U-Line over Sub-Zero at this point (to the tune of saving a couple thousand dollars -- this is a tiny wine fridge for god's sake!!!) but I'm wondering if there are other choices that real people with real hearing who live in real houses can suggest.

Please help me...

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We have this model from Cavavin. It's very quiet and I'm really happy with it's performance. It's a split wine/beverage cooler but they have many different models. Good luck!

http://www.cavavin.com/products/view?id=20

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm starting to shop for a wine cooler as well, 2 actually. We're going to do built-ins in our new house in the dining room and want to incorporate 2 into the built-ins. The two I prefer right now are Sub Zero and Viking, but I still have more research to do. I'll be checking out this thread to see if you find one you love. It sounds like yours doesn't have a cabinet front on the door does it? I'm going to go with a cabinet panel on the front of ours so it blends into the cabinetry. But many under counter coolers these days have both options for door panels.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results