shape
carat
color
clarity

About to pull the trigger! One last look over + ASET!

crocop

Rough_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 1.01 H better. It has a tad better light return/nicer faceting pattern.

The aset looks ok for a pear...not great but not bad either.

Here is a picture I found that will hopefully give you an idea of how asets look for pears (that are pretty ugly compared to
round brilliants). The more red and green the better. Black (or white) or gray is leakage. The white in your image is
leakage but I think some of the white in your image is glare.

pearasets.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What was your budget for the stone?

Edit...I like the H/VVS2 above...it has a nice faceting pattern and as you rotate it flashes quite well.

JA has a 30 day return period so for any reason you do not like the stone it is returnable (if it doesnt perform like you expect).

Get some more opinions though and see what others think/or can find.

crocop

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1478556012|4094933 said:

Edit...I like the H/VVS2 above...it has a nice faceting pattern and as you rotate it flashes quite well.

JA has a 30 day return period so for any reason you do not like the stone it is returnable (if it doesnt perform like you expect).

Thanks. I think I will go with diamond A.

My budget is just around $6500 to max $7000 CAD.

You have any other suggestions or stones or should I go for the 1.01 H/VVS2?

Thanks for you help once again.

crocop

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1478555941|4094931 said:
I like the 1.01 H better. It has a tad better light return/nicer faceting pattern.

Here is a picture I found that will hopefully give you an idea of how asets look for pears (that are pretty ugly compared to
round brilliants). The more red and green the better. Black (or white) or gray is leakage. The white in your image is

Thanks tyty,
I would say my ASET from the 1.01 diamond falls closest to the excellent category, would you agree?

With a budget of $6500 CAD, so anything under $5000USD, any other pears you would recommend or should I pull the trigger?
Thanks,
Tomo

crocop

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1478555941|4094931 said:

Thanks tyty,

where would you say the ASET i posted falls into? To be, looks like the Best-Excellent category.

I am thinking of buying this today! HELP PLEASE! Should i do it? hah scared :wall:

crocop

Rough_Rock
Can anyone please comment on the aset I posted?

crocop

Rough_Rock

tyty,

For the one above, the H/VVS2, should I be worried about the color? a local jeweller said if set in a platinum solitaire it could show yellow and for fancy cut diamonds to always go G or better. Any truth to that?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crocop|1478639799|4095376 said:

tyty,

For the one above, the H/VVS2, should I be worried about the color? a local jeweller said if set in a platinum solitaire it could show yellow and for fancy cut diamonds to always go G or better. Any truth to that?

We usually try to stay with GIA H or above for fancy cuts. I guess if you are really sensitive to color the little bit of tint you may
see could bother you but in general H in plat should be ok.

I like that E/VS2 you posted also.

crocop

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1478641456|4095402 said:
crocop|1478639799|4095376 said:

tyty,

We usually try to stay with GIA H or above for fancy cuts. I guess if you are really sensitive to color the little bit of tint you may
see could bother you but in general H in plat should be ok.

I like that E/VS2 you posted also.

Thanks. I cannot get a ASET for the E/VS2.

With that said, if I narrowed it down to e/VS2 and the H/VVS2 with the ASET, what would you go for? The E is $600ish more.

Edit: TYTY, any other pears you would recommend that is VS2 or better?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results