shape
carat
color
clarity

About to buy - need opinions on these diamonds

alongcat

Rough_Rock
Ok, so we are very close to buying my diamond now and I have decided I need your opinions to feel secure in my purchase. I am nervous of sharing too much info as I read someone posted all details and the diamond sold the next morning :((

I hope you can make a judgment from them. They are all from WF and AGS000, First I have the favourite, E color but also really killing our budget. This one is an Expert selection just about missed out on ACA but very narrowly. It's completely eye clean even from the side. Maybe this is a really silly concern but I am also worried as this one has been around in the inventory for about a year so I am wondering maybe there is a reason for that? The other two are relatively new. Is that a silly thought to have?

I will post the next two options as two separate posts to avoid confusion!

Here are the specs for the E:
Depth % 61.9
Table % 54.7
Crown Angle 34.7
Star 47.0
Pavilion Angle 40.7
Crown % 15.7
Lower Girdle % 76.0

e_sl_aset_thumbnail.jpg

e_sl__red_thumbnail.jpg

alongcat

Rough_Rock
OK, so this one is an I color but it is ACA and a lot more budget friendly, a tiny bit smaller but I doubt I would notice the difference (about .20mm smaller) and I have seen some glorious I color stones on here, not to mention Sarah Ludwig's (now Huang) amazing I color ring!

I am mostly concerned to know if it is a good performer, I understand it won't be as white.

Specs for the I:

Depth % 61.4
Table % 57.3
Crown Angle 35.0
Star 50.0
Pavilion Angle 40.7
Crown % 14.9
Lower Girdle % 77.0

i_vs2_bthumbnail.jpg

i_vs2_thumbnail.jpg

alongcat

Rough_Rock
This one is priced in between the two. It is G SI1 but listed as eye clean. Looking at the AGS cert is has only a few tiny inclusions.

Specs for the G:

Depth % 61.8
Table % 56.6
Crown Angle 34.7
Star 52.0
Pavilion Angle 40.8
Crown % 15.0
Lower Girdle % 76.0

I really appreciate any advice on which is likely the best, second best and least good allround performer! Thank you so much in advance.

g_sl1_aca_thumbnail.jpg

g_aca_sl1_thumbnail.jpg

alongcat

Rough_Rock
Oh, and this was my original favourite but not one picked out by the (very helpful) WF advisor when I sent them a list of possibles. Almost as expensive as the E diamond :-o

Specs for this G ACA VS2 (only a few tiny inclusions and none on the table area):

Depth % 61.7
Table % 56.2
Crown Angle 34.8
Star 53.0
Pavilion Angle 40.8
Crown % 15.2
Lower Girdle % 78.0

g_vs2_aca_aset_thumbnail.jpg

g_vs2_aca_thumbnail.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
They're all going to be beautiful performance-wise, so I wouldn't worry about any teeny tiny differences in cut.

Quickly- on the G, is that not an inclusion between the second and third arrows on the table (going clockwise)? That would rule it out for me.

alongcat

Rough_Rock
Thank you EB, I am very grateful for your input! :) Which G do you mean - the SI1? The black speck? Yes, that could be the only inclusion it has on the table. That might be one for the bin then! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results