shape
carat
color
clarity

About bangle bracelet

stci

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

How comfortable are you with bangle bracelet?

I had a diamond bangle bracelet and was forced to sell it cause it really boder me but now... I have some regrets. I look the prices of diamond bracelet on the web and Hiiiiiii! Don't know if I'd become accustomed over time? Awwwww... yes.... regrets....

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Why did it bother you, Stci? I wear them sometimes, but only one at a time -- don't like it when they clink together, though I like the look on other people.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Excuse my mistake in the word "bother"... sorry...

I don't know JF, I have the feeling of being trapped with a Bangle. My wrist is tight and my movements are restricted.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are very pretty but they drive me crazy clinking on everything.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not crazy about true bangle bracelets (full circle)... they tend to get in my way. I suppose a hinged, more fitted bracelet would be less of a problem, but I don't have any of those so I'm just guessing :tongue: . I have several well-sized cuff bracelets (opening in the back) that I can wear pretty much all day without problem, though I sometimes find myself taking them off too if I'm doing a lot of keyboard work or something like that.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a diamond bangle that I rarely wear - I always wear my tennis bracelet instead, I feel like I have more freedom of movement in it. I find it particularly restricting when it's hot and my wrists swell - I don't have large wrists, I just prefer jewellery with a bit more movement in, than bangles can offer me! ;))

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a couple 14k YG bangles that I used to wear, but they both took a beating and are so full of dings and imperfections from hitting them on countertops, etc. that I no longer wear them and want to sell them for scrap now. Mind you, neither has diamonds so maybe I should try another bangle with bling. *shrugs*
Edited for spelling.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I have two diamond bangles. One is pretty fitted and doesn't spin around, and the other one spins around constantly. Neither of them bother me, as in they feel comfy and I don't feel constricted. The spinning kind of bother me because I want to see the little diamonds. It's probably one of those things where you neither like them or don't.

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
I agree with the last poster who said that people usually have a love or hate feeling about bangles. I happen to love them because they are delicate and very feminine. But I can understand why they annoyed you- they do get "bang"ed up on everything.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Stci, if you didn't like the ones youhad before, I wouldn't buy a new one.

Personally,I love bangles, but they don't constrict me. I have somewhat narrow wrists (though I have seen women with smaller, and I am not an especially small woman). they do make noise in multiples, but I like the noise, though I do not wear them in business situations where the jangling is a problem and nor do I wear them a lot in winter when they tend to get caught in sweater and coat sleeves and give me heart attack by vanishing. I have never had a diamond bangle and don't think I would like that. I would feel as if the diamonds would pop out, because they do definitely get banged around. I have a lot of silver bangles and two gold ones. I wear one of the gold ones every single day (it is rose gold and a family heirloom) and I wear the other one only on special occasions as it is high karat and closes with a screw and the gold is so soft that the screw quickly wore down. Besides, I don't know why, I feel a little frightened to wear it nowadays;when I bought it was quite cheap but now people are very conscious of the high price of gold and it looks really 'golden' so it stays in the bank, which is silly, but there youa re.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Black Jade|1304030165|2907394 said:
Personally, I love bangles, but they don't constrict me. I have somewhat narrow wrists (though I have seen women with smaller, and I am not an especially small woman).
Besides, I don't know why, I feel a little frightened to wear it nowadays; when I bought it was quite cheap but now people are very conscious of the high price of gold and it looks really 'golden' so it stays in the bank, which is silly, but there you are.

I, also, love bangles and, like Black Jade I have small wrists. Unfortunately, like Black Jade's bangles, my bangles are currently in the safety deposit box. It is silly!!! But I want to have them for special occasions and I fear that I will not if they disappear during a casual burglary or robbery! I have shown my bangles off in The Gold Thread, but I don't think I have ever shown them in Hangout or another thread where people show jewelry to a lot of others, so I am posting them here. I started having these made when a bracelet by Gurhan badly let me down! These are of much better quality.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

AGBFSeven24KGoldBangles.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1304038769|2907542 said:
Black Jade|1304030165|2907394 said:
Personally, I love bangles, but they don't constrict me. I have somewhat narrow wrists (though I have seen women with smaller, and I am not an especially small woman).
Besides, I don't know why, I feel a little frightened to wear it nowadays; when I bought it was quite cheap but now people are very conscious of the high price of gold and it looks really 'golden' so it stays in the bank, which is silly, but there you are.

I, also, love bangles and, like Black Jade I have small wrists. Unfortuately, like Black Jade's bangles my bangles are currently in the safety deposit box. It is silly!!! But I want to have them for special occasions and I fear that I will not if they disappear during a casual burglary or robbery! I have shown my bangles off in The Gold Thread, but I don't think I have ever shown them in Hangout or another thread where people show jewelry to a lot of others, so I am posting them here. I started having these made when a bracelet by Gurhan badly let me down! These are of much better quality.

Deb/AGBF

AGBF those are gorgeous bracelets :) where did you get them custom made?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1304038940|2907549 said:
AGBF those are gorgeous bracelets :) where did you get them custom made?

I had them made at a jewelry store local to me in Connecticut where I have had jewelry made for years. I have mentioned it on Pricescope before: Grunberger's in Stamford, Connecticut. Rupert, originally from Vienna, is one of the bench jewelers who works there. He also made my, "invisible solitaire" ring.

Deb/AGBF

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Very very nice.
I have a photo of my rose gold bangle on P'scope somewhere, I'll try to scout it out.
I'm overdue to post photos of a few more acquisitions. I'm a horrible photo taker and plus getting them out of the bank and all is such a pain.
My 22k bracelet is a very different style. It is ornate with a lot of granulation and goldsmithing work on it. I believe it was cast, because it is not as soft as 22K can be sometimes. I wish I had gotten a pair when gold was 1/3 the price it is now, but I didn't, so must just be grateful for what I had.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ooo, ladies! I am LOVING these rich yellow golden bangles.

I used to be a bracelet girl, but somewhere along the way, I lost the habit. I think it was probably around the time I got engaged: suddenly, I had so much going on with my hands that bracelets made me feel overdressed. Its gotten to the point that my husband thinks it's an unusual point of restraint for me that I don't wear them ....

That doesn't mean I don't buy them. :twisted: I just need to remember to put them on! Cloisonne, rhinestones, and pretty fakies, I love them all. I think if I ever do get a "real" bracelet, I'll go with a bangle over a chain or link bracelet: no matter how blingy a bangle is, I see it as being more casual and more wearable, somehow. And for some reason, they're easier to wear ... maybe because they shift around so much.

That said, Stci, if you didn't like them to begin with, why think you'll like them now? I think it's just ... seller's remorse, if there is such a thing. Regrette rien!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Stci, how about a more flexible type of bracelet? Something with links, like a tennis bracelet. I have seen some nice secondhand tennis bracelets that were pretty good deals; especially if you like yellow gold, there's some good ones out there if you're patient about looking. They were so popular in the '80s there's zillions of yellow gold ones on the secondary market used.

There's other types of bracelets out there though, that have links that aren't tennis bracelets, if they're not your style. One style you might like- since I know you like antique diamonds too!- is a variety that was popular around 1900ish, or a bit before, that consists of a filigree design that sits on the top of your wrist and links that circle the rest of your wrist, often in a mix of yellow gold on teh links and white gold or platinum on the filigree part. This is the style I'm talking about: http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-ART-DEC...ine_Jewelry&hash=item3a657d375a#ht_4434wt_1139 . (Not necessarily this exact bracelet, but that's the idea.)

If you didn't like the feel of a bangle previously, I doubt it'd be worth getting another one. Maybe the one you had was sized too small though? Perhaps trying some on would be worthwhile- at least with bangles, you could try costume ones on easily, no need to track down diamond ones just to test the feel, y'know?

Personally, I like bangles and all sorts of bracelets, but I have quite small wrists so they're loose on me. I do imagine a tight bangle would be irritating and not comfy at all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results