shape
carat
color
clarity

AAAAAAARGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nerves

Rough_Rock
I had been intending to propose to my GF in April after 5 years together, and out of the blue her mother called her up the other night and said to her "I really think it''s about time you two got married, I think you should tell him to propose." She then called me up and told me the same.

Now I don''t want to propose as it looks like I am just giving in to pressure from the future in laws. I have even bought the ring already!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
If you proposed really soon though, like within the month, it would be kind of obvious that you had planned it all before hand. Second, I think you should tell your GF after you proposed that you had planned on doing so for quite some time. Don''t let future in-laws ruin something that you want to be special though. I am surprised your GF called you and told you that you needed to propose though!

*M*

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just send the inlaws a picture of the recepit WITH THE DATE CIRCLED. =) They''ll shut up and it will be obvious that you already bought the ring.

Hehe...sorry, my vindictive side is coming out. That is just really rude of them to do that to you.

And propose whenever you want, it''s your special day!

Nerves

Rough_Rock
Heh heh - no, my GF didn''t tell me I had to propose, her mother did! My GF knows better than that!

It is a bit annoying though, as my proposal would have been a complete surprise, and now it will be a little bit of an anti climax. Her mother even suggested the day I should propose which coincidentally is the day I had intended anyway. Grrrr.

Luckily I have a 6 month long email thread with a friend discussing proposal so I can show her that, or even show her my earlier thread on pricescope!

In laws eh...

dmbfan

Shiny_Rock
Go to their house and ask for their blessing, then explain to them that you were planning on proposing in the near future, but felt uncomfortable doing it now because most of that climax is gone. let them know that you may wait a few months/year before you do it now. That should teach her to keep her mouth shut
2.gif
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look at the bright side, at least they want you to marry their daughter, hehe.
3.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, Ditto to what Lisa said. At least you know they like you.
9.gif

Linda

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 2:26:29 PM
Author: dmbfan
Go to their house and ask for their blessing, then explain to them that you were planning on proposing in the near future, but felt uncomfortable doing it now because most of that climax is gone. let them know that you may wait a few months/year before you do it now. That should teach her to keep her mouth shut
2.gif
2.gif

This is a great idea! I think you should seriously consider this.

Nerves: I''m sorry I misunderstood about what your GF did/ did not say. I pictured it in my head as her calling you and saying "Hi honey, you have 5 - 10 days to pop the question! Alright then, love you, bye!" Haha. Clearly I was wrong. Best of luck Nerves. On a serious note though, I think you should address this MIL issue as early as possible though because sometimes they can get a mite bit overbearing
3.gif
. As you probably have already found out.

*M*

kev_800

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 2:26:29 PM
Author: dmbfan
2.gif
2.gif
Hahaha! Brilliant!

I also like the one about circling the date on the receipt.

Really though -- the focus should be on you and your fiancee and the impending marriage... not so much about the engagement. I do think it would be important to lay down the law, as it were, with her mother. From that little tidbit she seems the meddling type.

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
I agree--- do it when YOU had planned and then explain everything later...
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results