shape
carat
color
clarity

a1c 6.4! Thank you for the help and support!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, that was frighteningly succinct.
I'm not in the surgical part of our clinic but I see what you describe in office notes, it's what we call, "A lot goin' on." The fusion will probably fix the leg pain. SI joints are just problematic at best, no good solution that I'm aware of. Most people just get regular injections. The sacral fusions don't have a good success rate. I've heard of ablations that worked well but they're usually not covered by insurance. There's a PT in Colorado who seems to have a very comprehensive understanding of that area, oh God, what is his name? I'll see if I can find him.

Please tell me you've found the best surgeon for your fusion. We had a doctor who was brilliant, they came in for post-ops and we didn't hear from them again. They went back to living. He left to design cages for fusions, the Titan cage. His replacement has all kinds of issues after surgery, I'd see the orders and think, now who did you hurt?

Tell us you picked a surgeon the way you pick a diamond.

Mostly I read reviews and spoke to someone who had had surgery with him. She was a nurse in the hospital where he's head of spinal neurosurgery (Mass General Brigham Women's) - and 2 of her friends had also had surgery with him. All spoke very highly of his abilities. Personality? Maybe not so great. But good hands - which is all I care about.

So - reviews, recommendations, no law suits, good hospital, Harvard trained - it's about as good as I could do to find a decent surgeon.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
4 Ingredient Brownies
9 x 11 lightly greased cake pan
350 oven, 325 convection
6 smaller ripe bananas
4 TBSP Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
1 cup almond butter (Kirklands)
2 tsp vanilla

Mix until smooth (Kitchen Aid mixer), bake 18 - 20 min. should be a little soft
Cool completely, keep in refrigerator

This recipe is from one of my physical therapists. Cindy is a chocolate freak, she has a chocolate diamond necklace. She says the riper the banana, the sweeter they are. She eats them topped with good Greek yogurt.
that sounds yummy!!!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Karl_K - well done! This is great news!

@Ibrakeforpossums - my a1c was high and I got it down to 5.7. It used to be normal but then, having Crohn's, I had to go on long term steroids. I started steroids with a high dose and had a HUGE reaction - my blood glucose went from the low 120's up to 395. I was ill.

So I was taken off the steroids, but then the inflammation from IBD made me sick *all* the time. So I went keto. I like keto - I feel well on it, it lowered my weight - which I needed - and it keeps my glucose stable. It's still a little higher than I would like, but it allows me to stay on low dose steroids and out of the diabetic range.

I also do intermittent fasting to rest my pancreas, and I exercise regularly. (well, I used to. I had to stop because I need back surgery - but will pick it up again after the surgery.). Exercise and weight control are key.

Here's the best video I've ever seen explaining blood glucose and diabetes. It's something everyone should see.

Thank you for the video!
Praying for you!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Karl, sorry im late to the party but well done
glad you are keeping well

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just giving out a PSA on diabetes here:

Type 2 diabetes is hereditary. If you have a relative, especially a parent with this condition, you need to take action now, before problems develop. Monitor your carbs, be aware of what you're eating! Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disorder and thus is not hereditary.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results