shape
carat
color
clarity

A woman on the presidential ballot

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I was beginning to think this country would never do it.
Good, bad or otherwise; it's about time.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am elated, and proud of my country in general.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On one hand I want to witness the first woman in office,but on the other hand I don't want 4 more yrs of Obama policies.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1465354970|4041506 said:
On one hand I want to witness the first woman in office,but on the other hand I don't want 4 more yrs of Obama policies.

Well, just think you could help usher in the apocalypse with a vote for Trump.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Which do you think is more important to your daughters, and your wife? Your potential granddaughters, and so on? 4 more years of your suffering through it, or a woman finally, after hundreds of years, being voted into the highest office in the country? Speaking for myself, I can handle another few years of shitty health insurance. I am so happy my daughter might get to grow up in a world less hateful towards women.

Q

Queenie60

I understand the excitement over a women on the ballot however - this is not the women. I'm an advocate for women's rights, I have an 18 year old daughter, she's going into her sophomore year of college and we want the best for her. We spent a fortune sending her to a private, all girls high school as we felt that the environment would help to build her confidence and help her to become a strong, confident young women. We did the right thing - she is all of that and more. However, Hillary is not the right women for President. I must disagree. I feel that voters can't get past the excitement of "making history" and lose sight of the issues and the character of the person.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1465355455|4041509 said:

Which do you think is more important to your daughters, and your wife? Your potential granddaughters, and so on? 4 more years of your suffering through it, or a woman finally, after hundreds of years, being voted into the highest office in the country? Speaking for myself, I can handle another few years of shitty health insurance. I am so happy my daughter might get to grow up in a world less hateful towards women.

I hear you. I'm very pleased to have the chance to vote for HRC and will do so proudly. (And no, it's not just because I have a vagina. I think she's far and away the most qualified candidate in this race).

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:

... shoulda been Elizabeth Warren but ...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Exactly why I am worry about 4 more ys of Obama policies. My DD#2 (28 yrs old) can qualify for food stamp as we speak since she is only working part time. We may have to support her till she is 32... ;( . Obama's economic policy is to kill jobs and strangle the economy to death... :wall:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's about time. I hope she wins and is our first woman president.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing fire, I have a 28 year old son and a 24 year old son, both are computer programmers and are making good salaries. It has been harder to get going in this world for our millenial children, but it is what she chose as her major that is key these days, which does not help people like me who do not have the logic skills of my husband, or sons for that matter. Under Obama unemployment has gone down, so he hasn't killed jobs per se. What has killed jobs in my opinion is stockholders, return on my investment, huge corporate salaries for people who take themselves waay tooo seriously. In China, workers live in dorms, can we do this in America don't think so, they work 18 hour days, safety is not paramount, I don't think this is the America we all want. We need a balance. As the American worker's salary has stagnated, the executives compensation has skyrocketed, so we need to find a way to bring manufacturing back and be competitive. It's getting serious between the US and them in this country, and it shows with Trump.

Dancing Fire|1465372378|4041550 said:

Exactly why I am worry about 4 more ys of Obama policies. My DD#2 (28 yrs old) can qualify for food stamp as we speak since she is only working part time. We may have to support her till she is 32... ;( . Obama's economic policy is to kill jobs and strangle the economy to death... :wall:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1465368451|4041544 said:

Well...if we're dreaming, I would have liked Eleanor Roosevelt. I am sure there are other women, heroines of the civil rights movement, whom I would also have liked to have seen in office. But Eleanor Roosevelt Roosevelt was FDR's "eyes and ears" during World War II, flying in a cold airplane with only her typewriter as her 33 pounds of luggage so that she could tell him what was really going on. I would have liked to have voted for her for president.

Deb :wavey:

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DF, you know the solution to your daughter's qualification for government assistance? I guarantee if you stopped supporting her she would magically find a full time position to pay her bills. I am so embarrassed for you every time you blame Obama for enabling your children. You are a grown man making excuses like a child.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Queenie60|1465367889|4041541 said:
I understand the excitement over a women on the ballot however - this is not the women. I'm an advocate for women's rights, I have an 18 year old daughter, she's going into her sophomore year of college and we want the best for her. We spent a fortune sending her to a private, all girls high school as we felt that the environment would help to build her confidence and help her to become a strong, confident young women. We did the right thing - she is all of that and more. However, Hillary is not the right women for President. I must disagree. I feel that voters can't get past the excitement of "making history" and lose sight of the issues and the character of the person.

I agree. I am happy to see a woman on the ballot, but sick over the fact it's Hillary. I guess I'm going to hell since Madeleine Albright said there's a special place for me there if I don't support Clinton :rolleyes:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
liaerfbv|1465391688|4041587 said:
DF, you know the solution to your daughter's qualification for government assistance? I guarantee if you stopped supporting her she would magically find a full time position to pay her bills. I am so embarrassed for you every time you blame Obama for enabling your children. You are a grown man making excuses like a child.

But...that's DF's argument against government assistance. Did worlds just collide here? Mon Dieu! :errrr:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1465368451|4041544 said:

:clap:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really?? MAGICALLY? you tell that to the millions whom are jobless. Only 38,000 new jobs was created for the month of May.. :wall: :rolleyes. No matter how much the left loves Obama they must also face the fact that Obama have no ideas on how to grow the economy. Remember, by putting millions of Americans into the welfare system does not count as new jobs... :rolleyes:

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1465411853|4041765 said:
Really?? MAGICALLY? you tell that to the millions whom are jobless. Only 38,000 new jobs was created for the month of May.. :wall: :rolleyes. No matter how much the left loves Obama they must also face the fact that Obama have no ideas on how to grow the economy. Remember, by putting millions of Americans into the welfare system does not count as new jobs... :rolleyes:

By "magically" I meant "actually applying for a job" -- which I know many many Americans are doing... but I doubt your daughter is. I am in the same generation as your daughter, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've had friends/acquaintances/friends of friends, etc. in the past 8 years that yes, have lost their jobs, been downsized, taken pay cuts. It's been a hard time. However, today, in 2016, I do not know a SINGLE PERSON who WANTS TO BE EMPLOYED THAT ISN'T. They haven't all gotten their dream job. They haven't gotten their dream salary. However, THEY ARE EMPLOYED. They don't have Dad to fall back on and pay their way while blaming the President. Obama is not responsible for your enabling and your daughter's lack of initiative.

ETA: Though I did vote for Obama twice, I want to be clear that I am not an Obama fangirl. However, I am a fan of hard work, logic, and calling bullshit when I see it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1465383617|4041566 said:
It's about time. I hope she wins and is our first woman president.
I have no problem voting for Hillary if she does not walk the country down the same Obama path.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Actually DF, I'd really like you to share with us how many full-time jobs she's applied to in the past 8 years. Since you've been subsidizing her (as you constantly remind us), I assume you require her to submit information to you re: the jobs she applies for - as anyone has to do when collecting unemployment benefits. Please share with us the details of how Obama has personally failed your daughter in her employment attempts.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, you are more responsible for your daughter than Obama is.

You're her dad.
You raised her.

Besides, Obama may not have put a chicken in every pot but he put an Octavia on our fingers. :sun:

See, blaming O for your daughter is as silly as crediting him for our Octavias. :mrgreen:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1465393278|4041598 said:

I agree. I am happy to see a woman on the ballot, but sick over the fact it's Hillary. I guess I'm going to hell since Madeleine Albright said there's a special place for me there if I don't support Clinton :rolleyes:
this.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
As a 64 year old female voter I am thrilled to be voting for a woman president, however, I am nauseous that I have to vote for Hillary.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
liaerfbv|1465412472|4041772 said:
Dancing Fire|1465411853|4041765 said:

By "magically" I meant "actually applying for a job" -- which I know many many Americans are doing... but I doubt your daughter is. I am in the same generation as your daughter, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've had friends/acquaintances/friends of friends, etc. in the past 8 years that yes, have lost their jobs, been downsized, taken pay cuts. It's been a hard time. However, today, in 2016, I do not know a SINGLE PERSON who WANTS TO BE EMPLOYED THAT ISN'T. They haven't all gotten their dream job. They haven't gotten their dream salary. However, THEY ARE EMPLOYED. They don't have Dad to fall back on and pay their way while blaming the President. Obama is not responsible for your enabling and your daughter's lack of initiative.

ETA: Though I did vote for Obama twice, I want to be clear that I am not an Obama fangirl. However, I am a fan of hard work, logic, and calling bullshit when I see it.
So according to you then there are millions of lazy Americans who does not wanna work not b/c there aren't enough jobs available?... :wall: If she doesn't find a full time job soon then I'll tell her to apply for food stamp and welfare. Hey why not?? b/c that is the Obama system. She can get a free phone, free housing and food stamp w/o working.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel that voters can't get past the excitement of "making history" and lose sight of the issues and the character of the person.

This is almost not worth the effort, but I'm going to respond anyway.

I voted for the person who in my estimation represented the best combination of policies, understanding of the issues, and ability to get things done. I did not choose my candidate on the basis of race, gender, family name, age, or whatever. Hillary Clinton is neither a perfect candidate nor a perfect person. However, I also remember well the animus the Clintons drew from the very beginning of Bill Clinton's presidency, and in particular the animus Mrs. Clinton drew because she was not the "help meet" First Lady the country was used to. And that she's been under attack from the same obstructionist Republicans who decided from the outset of the current administration to fight President Obama on everything, in the hope of preventing a second term, rather than work with him on anything or advancing workable policies of their own.

I'll assume, Queenie, that you also voted for the candidate you felt to be the represent the best combination of policy, qualifications, character etc... even if your examination did lead you to a different conclusion. ;))

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't really care that Hillary is a woman. I guess it's nice that there's a female candidate for a leading party, but I wouldn't support someone just based on their gender. She'll have my vote because her proposed policies line up (for the most part) with the direction I'd like this country to be heading in and because she's experienced, smart, and well-qualified. The fact that she is a woman doesn't influence me; I'd still vote for her if she were a man.

Hillary as a first lady irked me. I didn't agree with the idea that she was put in charge of healthcare reform under Bill Clinton's administration just because she was his wife. I guess a president can appoint who he wants, but I found it unsettling that she got the job because she was his wife. I didn't have respect for her until she won a seat in the Senate. She enjoyed high approval ratings as a senator. I'm not sure when all the Hillary-hate started reaching a fever pitch and I don't understand why people that hate her are so vehement about it. Actually, I don't really care why they hate her. She's got my vote and I will be totally delighted if she wins!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
liaerfbv|1465420971|4041841 said:
Actually DF, I'd really like you to share with us how many full-time jobs she's applied to in the past 8 years. Since you've been subsidizing her (as you constantly remind us), I assume you require her to submit information to you re: the jobs she applies for - as anyone has to do when collecting unemployment benefits. Please share with us the details of how Obama has personally failed your daughter in her employment attempts.
After my daughter graduated from college 4 yrs ago she applied for many jobs but only received one interview. she then decided to go to nursing school which she did graduated from last month. We'll see if she can find a job soon. Obama didn't failed my daughter personally but he did failed the whole country by creating very few jobs in the past two yrs. Notice I didn't saying anything negative about his first 6 yrs in office? b/c our economy was in a down cycle, but the job report for the month of May (38K new jobs) is laughable ... :knockout: except for those millions of people who are looking for employment.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1465421218|4041842 said:
DF, you are more responsible for your daughter than Obama is.

You're her dad.
You raised her.

Besides, Obama may not have put a chicken in every pot but he put an Octavia on our fingers. :sun:

See, blaming O for your daughter is as silly as crediting him for our Octavias. :mrgreen:
It took me 5 yrs to save enough food stamps to pay for the Octavia.. ;))

Q

Queenie60

VRBeauty|1465428415|4041901 said:
I feel that voters can't get past the excitement of "making history" and lose sight of the issues and the character of the person.

This is almost not worth the effort, but I'm going to respond anyway.

I voted for the person who in my estimation represented the best combination of policies, understanding of the issues, and ability to get things done. I did not choose my candidate on the basis of race, gender, family name, age, or whatever. Hillary Clinton is neither a perfect candidate nor a perfect person. However, I also remember well the animus the Clintons drew from the very beginning of Bill Clinton's presidency, and in particular the animus Mrs. Clinton drew because she was not the "help meet" First Lady the country was used to. And that she's been under attack from the same obstructionist Republicans who decided from the outset of the current administration to fight President Obama on everything, in the hope of preventing a second term, rather than work with him on anything or advancing workable policies of their own.

I'll assume, Queenie, that you also voted for the candidate you felt to be the represent the best combination of policy, qualifications, character etc... even if your examination did lead you to a different conclusion. ;))

Not here to argue with you - just to state my opinion. Seems to me that unless you're an Obama supporter or a Hillary supporter, you're bound to get heavily criticized on this forum. That's too bad. ;)) I'll now bow out - should have kept my opinions to myself being that I don't agree with most of you. :shock:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results