shape
carat
color
clarity

a whiteflash illuminations story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msgong591

Rough_Rock
9/6/2004

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]

Lesley,

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]

Mandy and I just wanted to thank you for helping me find the perfect diamond to match our perfect story.Mandy asked that I share this story with you and everyone else, because it is one for the ages.

In a plan that unfolded over 5 months time following the purchase of the ring, the fairytale story took place in a short span of two days.My plan originally started out to be a simple engagement in Washington D.C.We were to meet our friend, her best friend Chrissi, out there for vacation, and I would have made some plan to propose to her there.However, after about a week of thinking that through, I decided that just wasn’t enough.I called Chrissi, in secret, to make a change of plans which was happily agreed to, and from that point on, it evolved into the crime of the century.Our new destination was Universal and Walt Disney World, the site of our first vacation together, and I guess you could say “our first date” (being that others were supposed to come with us, but backed out leaving just us two).It was there at Epcot the last night that we shared our first feelings for each other.But back to the story, from May until the day before September began, Chrissi and I schemed exchanging multiple emails and calls per day.The new plan was to completely fool Mandy into thinking she was going to D.C. for vacation, and then kidnap her and take her to /www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]florida.We made plans for Chrissi to fly in and surprise Mandy on the Wednesday date we arrived.Then, we let her roommate and other best friend Colleen in on it, and she as well made plans to arrive Friday night to surprise Mandy.Then, on Saturday night I would propose to her at Epcot right before the “Illuminations” fireworks show (the same moment we first held hands intimately on our first trip).And to keep all this secret from Mandy was a heavy task in itself.Mandy is one that if you give her any ounce of a clue, she will figure you out.She can read a person by any small suspecting facial feature or breath of a word, and then interrogate you about it.Believe me, there were many times during the planning process that we thought we had leaked something from any of our ends, and Mandy was ready to pounce.But all the way to the end, we lucked out.

The plan was to be perfect until about a week before.Another female came into the picture to cause trouble.Not to worry though, it wasn’t another woman, but a plump ol heffer named Frances, Hurricane /www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]frances.I kept my eye on that storm when it first began as a depression, and every day, she kept getting bigger and bigger, closer and closer, and heading more and more of a direct route right over Orlando where she would center right on top of Disney World the night I wanted to propose.As you would believe, we all got into a frenzied dither as the beginning of our trip neared.But the Monday before, her best friends and I pulled together in support of each other and aptly named our own trip, and our own storm.Much like a hurricane is named when it becomes a tropical storm, we strengthened up ourselves and named ours “Project Minnie”, the final decision to go in head first, do what had to be done, and then get back out.

I called Mandy’s mother that Monday night, and let her know the whole plan.Deep down we knew she was worried, but she was too excited to object to us going.On Tuesday afternoon, we left my home in Brandon, MS for the MS Gulf Coast, where her family lives.There we would spend the night and drop off her dog before leaving for what she thought was D.C.

Day One, Wed. Sept 1, “The Kidnapping”

We woke up early trying to leave by 5:00 in the morning because it would be a long drive to D.C., little did she know that I had shortened the trip significantly.While she was getting ready, her mother was already up, and I asked her for the blessing to take Mandy’s hand.Her mom happily obliged, and once Mandy was ready, we were off.The secret was still kept for a whole half hour until I missed my turn in Mobile, AL.I hear, “Baby, that’s your turn…Baby that’s your turn! …Baby, you missed your turn, are you alright?”I pulled over into the mall parking lot, pulled out some toy handcuffs and a toy gun and told her, “put these on.”She says, “no” a couple of times then does so.I tell her, “we’re not going to D.C.” She says, “yes we are!”I say “no we’re not.”And she’s like, “huh…what…huh…huh…I’m so confused.”I hand her an envelope I hid in the back seat containing Disney and Universal tickets, a hotel booking for 4 nights at the entrance to Disney, and directions and maps of /www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]orlando.She winces with joy, and I tell her right away that we planned on Chrissi coming, but that she just couldn’t come up with the money in time.This threw Mandy off of our track, and in her state of confusion, she called everyone and their mamas to tell them the news of what was happening.When she calls Chrissi, Chrissi gives her the same spill I told her about her not being able to make it because of her financial situation.The first step was then a complete success.

With Mandy in complete confusion and me filled with adrenaline, the 8-hour drive felt like a short 2-hour drive.We got there safely and checked in.It was pretty apparent at that point that we would only get one full day in /www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]orlando because Frances would not budge, so I knew this one had to count.So after a little shopping in Downtown Disney, I tell Mandy I have a surprise appointment for her scheduled, and we had to leave Downtown Disney around 6:30.She was again confused but when 6:15 rolled around we left, and after we took the first exit with “Orlando International Airport” on the sign her gears started a churning.By the third airport sign, she figures it out and says, “if it’s what I think it is, I’m gonna kill you both.”I tell her she was right, and when we get there, Chrissi escalates down simultaneously as we walk up.Mandy and Chrissi tearfully embrace, and thus step two became a complete success.

On our way back to Downtown Disney, Colleen calls us with bad news which we all knew was coming.Colleen wouldn’t be able to fly in because Orlando was shutting down flights on Friday throughout the rest of the weekend.Chrissi and I filled with remorse and let Mandy know of our intentions to include Colleen on the trip starting Friday night.We all got down for a little while, then we finished up our shopping in Downtown Disney, and at last called day one to a close.

Day Two, Thurs. Sept 2, “The Proposal”

We were sure to wake and be ready to start at park openings.It was obvious it was going to be a Disney only vacation.The plan: one day, 12-hours, three Disney parks, the final moment and then home with Frances creeping ever slowly behind us.The borborygmus of the sea had created a constant breeze which had scared off many of the residents and most of the vacationers already.This was perfect for us and our day.Along with blowing off the people, it cleared out the clouds in the sky leaving nothing but sun and breeze.It was a day for every Florida vacationer’s dream, and our dream began now.We began by parking our car at Epcot then monorailing over to the Magic Kingdom.There we rode our favorite and classic rides and got pictures with our favorite characters.Around just after noon, we hassled our way over to MGM.Transportation between parks had become somewhat of a nuisance, probably because of shortage of mass transit operators which had also fled to a degree.By 1:30 we made it to MGM, got a bite to eat, rode our favorite rides, the Rockin’ Rollercoaster, twice and then the Tower of Terror.We got in and out of that park to give us plenty of time at Epcot.We arrived in Epcot timely at around 4:00, time enough to ride the rides which would close at 7:00.We finished riding well before 7:00 and made our way around the World Showcase at Epcot getting everlasting pictures and mementos along the way.We made it all the way around the different countries and had an hour left to spare.It was 8:00, the final hour.At 9:00 the fireworks would begin.We picked a spot out in front of the lake which would be good for viewing the show.I picked a spot, much like that of when we first saw the show on our first trip to Disney together to make it all the more special.Chrissi did some last minute shopping and joined us in the last half hour.By this time, I was beginning to be a nervous wreck.Mandy kept noticing and kept asking if I was okay.I was surprised she hadn’t suspected anything to this point, but I kept telling her it was the hurricane coming.The breeze had picked up two to three-fold over the last few hours, so it was a good excuse.She was really nervous about the weather as well.About 8:45, a big grin was on my face and I mouthed to Chrissi discretely “fifteen more minutes!”She discretely gave me a great big grin right back.Mandy started to stand for the next 10 minutes because she was tired of sitting, and I was growing ever more nervous.At 8:55, I tapped Chrissi and said, “It’s time.”Then I got up, turned towards Mandy, and told her to sit down.I bent down not on one knee yet, but she recognizes right away, looks at Chrissi (who is already balling her eyes out), and says succinct with tears “no” in disbelief of what was happening.Bending down, I spout poetry of this trip and remembrance of our first trip, and then I get down on one knee, motion my hand over to Chrissi where she hands me the Whiteflash box, and I ask, “Mandy, will you marry me?”A speechless nod was all I got and all I needed. “Yes!”I completed my poem to her, flash after flash, Chrissi had been documenting with pictures the whole moment.Mandy and I had thought the fireworks had begun already.I looked at Mandy thinking there were many signs that told me this was supposed to happen this way, that God gave me this one day, give and take.“Illuminations, Baby!!”, I told her.There couldn’t have been a more perfect moment in my life.We watched the fireworks to complete our evening, and then we walked away all three of us, blissfully.As we walked toward the entrance/exit, I couldn’t help realize that Epcot had to be a park of fate.Symbolically standing, the big white globe, cast out by Mickey’s hand and wand off to the side, looked like a huge white rock.Between Mandy’s hand and the Epcot globe, they were one in the same, and neither was bigger than the other.Fate had it that we started our relationship at Epcot.Deep down I knew I had to get back there.“Project Minnie” was a complete success.

“The Escape”

In conclusion and for you to know that we are on the way to living happily ever after, we left the park hurriedly, checked out of the hotel which we lost three paid nights on and left for the highway.An experience still to come was the evacuation.Stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on the Florida turnpike for 10 miles for an hour and a half, exits backed up into the highway from lines of cars waiting to get gas, we thought we were doomed.It however picked up and slowed down when we got on the northbound interstate.About the time we hit northern /www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]florida, we were home free getting back up to the speed limit.We got back to the MS Gulf Coast driving all night at around 7:45 am.We happily celebrated the rest of the morning as sleeping beauties.From that point on, we are living happily ever after, and still we are to return to Orlando not only for the honeymoon Disney Cruise, but also to use up the five days of Orlando park tickets that we didn’t use.

“The Lesson”

I talked about Fate and signs before, and this was the lesson to be learned.Fate had itthat there would be obstacles in our way.The major one was Frances which I’m glad to say that we took her head on, spat in her face and walked away without a scratch.Other obstacles were losing hotel rooms, losing and rearranging flights, Colleen being unable to make it and other bad weather unrelated to the hurricane, but all of which were results of our major obstacle.Mandy and I, and our friends and family all banded together, took the signs to follow our hearts and we got through it.This was the lesson and the test: to follow the signs of our heart, take the good in with the bad, and to get through all of it together supporting each other the whole way.The test of marriage was passed, and now we are engaged.Thanks to all who were involved, our friends, family, each other, and Whiteflash of whom didn’t even know that they were involved every step of the way.

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]

Sincerely,

Scott and Mandy

21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results