shape
carat
color
clarity

A WEDDING GOWN!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
I went gown hunting today!!!! theres a cute little consighnment shop by me that gets dresses in all the time so I thought I would go try some on well there was only one I liked but it was still expensive $525! I dont have any pics of me in it because silly me forgot the camera but heres the model pic! What do you think?
020500343.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I love that dress - so simple and classic.

And if its the Amsale version, then $525 is an AMAZING price, and from what I''ve heard, the quality is really excellent.

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
thanks amber, Im not sure if its an amsale dress the tag on the dress i tried on said 2be on it so im not sure I went to the 2be website and couldnt find it! so i just dont know. the dresses look the exactly the same though!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 8:33:43 PM
Author: GarysBride
thanks amber, Im not sure if its an amsale dress the tag on the dress i tried on said 2be on it so im not sure I went to the 2be website and couldnt find it! so i just dont know. the dresses look the exactly the same though!

Garysbride, 2be Bridal makes a copy of the Amsale gown, which is the one you've tried on. Not all dress websites list all of their gowns (and I've had to search for many!).

As for the dress, I love it. I'm actually trying on another Amsale sash gown this weekend (with the sash at the empire waist) and if I love it, it might be the one.

My honest advice for you: try on LOTS of gowns. You hear of brides buying two or three dresses, and I suspect it's because they buy the first one they like and see others they like later. I've tried on around 60 so far and have narrowed it down to 2, 3 if I love the Amsale. If you can, visit a couple more bridal stores to see what else you find. If your mind wanders back to this gown, go for it! If you're worried about it being sold, see if you can put a "hold" on it with a sort of downpayment.

Just my $.02.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
ooooh, gorgeous!
It''s really NOT that expensive...

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Love it!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland and Cinderella all at the same time--I love it!

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/26/2006 1:50:48 AM
Author: monarch64
It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland and Cinderella all at the same time--I love it!

that made me laugh monarch!
so if the dress I tried on is a knock off of the amsale dress, is $525 too expensive then? Just curious im not going to get that dress I think I just wanted to start trying them on weeeeee! it can be addicting.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love the blue sash.

Is it also pleated/folded in the front?

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
I like the blue sash too but i cant wait to go try on more dresses!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Do you know what the material is? If it''s real silk, then $525 seems like a great deal to me.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
The dress is very nice, but couldn''t they have steamed out all of those wrinkles for the picture? Geez
6.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2006 8:48:36 PM
Author: jazmine
The dress is very nice, but couldn''t they have steamed out all of those wrinkles for the picture? Geez
6.gif

For real! And you''d think the model would stand in a more flattering stance. Oh well, if the dress can be wrinkly on an oddly posed model and still look beautiful, then you know it''s a winner.

Have fun trying on more dresses!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
$535 isn''t expensive for a gown, with all the fabric and all the work that goes into a garment like that. It''s a *spectacular* deal if it''s a silk gown.

It''s really pretty.

Scintillating...

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE the gown!! Great price too!

Hate the way the model is standing! Why do they do that???
14.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous dress. Love the splash of color.

Chi

Shiny_Rock
GarysBride - I love the dress...$525 is a bargain...try it on again...
21.gif

I too wore a sash...
9.gif
21.gif
9.gif
21.gif
9.gif
21.gif
9.gif

175699257_338c3af99d_m[1].jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I know I''m late on this.. but I have always really liked that Dress.. Its gorgeous.. I really like BLUE on wedding gowns (I''m not all about the other colors..but for some reason blue ALWAYS works!).. And that dress is beautiful..and $525 is not all that expensive.. You should look into what the fabric is and what the original retail of the 2be gown was though..

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for all of your input i really like the blue too and ill most likely get a similar dress. I still feel 525 is too expensive for my bugdet and I know I can find a dress of this calibur cheaper. I wasnt able to find the exact price on this gown but i did find a copy done by 2be of a maggie sottero gown and its only 300, So i beleive I would be getting ripped off if I were to get this dress!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
You might be able to talk them down at the consignment shop. It doesn''t hurt to make them an offer...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results