shape
carat
color
clarity

A Way to Propose... Thanks to a Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mirre

Shiny_Rock
I was watching TV last night and a commercial for M&Ms came on and I thought of a way to propose that would be interesting.

M&Ms has a website that you can go to and have custom M&Ms made. I was thinking you could have a bag made up with M&Ms that say

"GF''s name", Will, You, Marry, Me, and ?

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
It''s funny you brought this up!! My friend just was proposed to with M & M''s It is her favorite candy so after a night out to dinner they went back to their apartment and he asked her if she wanted something sweet. She said yes and he brought out a special bowl with the date on the side. Before she could ask about it he told her to look at the M & M''s closely. As she read the words she looked up to find him on his knee with the ring. hehe Later he told her he got the bowl specially made for the memory. He also had 12 bags cutomized so it would last and last. hehe

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2008 2:37:48 PM
Author: MissErin
It''s funny you brought this up!! My friend just was proposed to with M & M''s It is her favorite candy so after a night out to dinner they went back to their apartment and he asked her if she wanted something sweet. She said yes and he brought out a special bowl with the date on the side. Before she could ask about it he told her to look at the M & M''s closely. As she read the words she looked up to find him on his knee with the ring. hehe Later he told her he got the bowl specially made for the memory. He also had 12 bags cutomized so it would last and last. hehe
That''s too cute Miss Erin!

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2008 3:06:51 PM
Author: Patiently_Waiting

Date: 1/5/2008 2:37:48 PM
Author: MissErin
That''s too cute Miss Erin!
Yeah she was pretty excited and now they are looking into having M&M''s that say "A Wedding To Remember" as favors on little baggies with a cream colored ribbon around it with their names and date of the wedding. :) It''s one of my favorite stories.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Just a little bit of insight from someone who has purchased these before....

You can only pick 2 colors per bag, and one saying for each color... keeping that in mind... When I ordered I only wanted one 7oz bag... however MM''s "knew" that I really wanted 5 bags bc your total has to be more than $50 or something like that. *sigh*

If you are looking to spell out the entire saying with a different word on each MnM, it will get VERY pricey VERY quiclky. However, if money is no matter, and you would love to eat chocolate for months to come... it''s a great idea. I used this for my Dad''s b-day back in October.

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2008 4:25:17 PM
Author: meresal
Just a little bit of insight from someone who has purchased these before....

You can only pick 2 colors per bag, and one saying for each color... keeping that in mind... When I ordered I only wanted one 7oz bag... however MM''s ''knew'' that I really wanted 5 bags bc your total has to be more than $50 or something like that. *sigh*

If you are looking to spell out the entire saying with a different word on each MnM, it will get VERY pricey VERY quiclky. However, if money is no matter, and you would love to eat chocolate for months to come... it''s a great idea. I used this for my Dad''s b-day back in October.
This is true. It can be quite expensive and they coax you into buying more then you need. Just beware of the details before deciding to do this. And as Meresal said, if money is not an issue then this is an ideal proposal plan.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results