carat
color
clarity

A Tahitian pearl for hubbys birthday.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi friends,

This is one of my Tahitian pearl studs, which are reasonably large.

I'm thinking of sourcing a single similar one for him for his birthday and we wanted to check in to see what everyone thinks of this look. He's trying to go for a twist on a caption jack sparrow/truck driver sort of vibe lol!

His piercing DSC_0632.JPG is a little low so I'm wondering if slightly smaller would do the trick.

Photos of the man in the pearl earring :kiss2:
DSC_0628.JPG

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks cool! I follow J Hunter Pearls on FB and they often have pics of men wearing their pearls in various ways.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the look. My husband has both a small round Tahitian stud (around 8.5mm) and a Tahitian keshi stud. He prefers the round.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I showed my husband and he pulled a face, sorry, we’re both old fashioned and don’t like earrings on men full stop.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I showed my husband and he pulled a face, sorry, we’re both old fashioned and don’t like earrings on men full stop.

Haha yes my dh feels the same way. However I am torn. Some guys can carry it off with ease and grace while others are better off sticking to watches. @Weeivy73 your man looks very comfortable wearing that Tahitian pearl. Better watch out you might have some competition for your bling.8) 8-)

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Haha yes my dh feels the same way. However I am torn. Some guys can carry it off with ease and grace while others are better off sticking to watches. @Weeivy73 your man looks very comfortable wearing that Tahitian pearl. Better watch out you might have some competition for your bling.8) 8-)
My darling hubby is reasonably quirky so I actually do feel he can pull off the earring. He's a motorcycle riding, line haul truck driving maniac and I adore him to bits. He can't have my pearls tho as I love them, so I'll get him one of his own for his birthday. He has bought me my diamonds this month so I'm totally in deficit to him!
Hope you are well lovely missy xx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My darling hubby is reasonably quirky so I actually do feel he can pull off the earring. He's a motorcycle riding, line haul truck driving maniac and I adore him to bits. He can't have my pearls tho as I love them, so I'll get him one of his own for his birthday. He has bought me my diamonds this month so I'm totally in deficit to him!
Hope you are well lovely missy xx

Thank you sweet @Weeivy73, I am doing OK. So kind of you to ask.

Your motorcycle riding dh can rock that earring. What makes them special is that they are a complex mix just like their wives. My dh used to ride a motorcycle too and loves woodworking and building and fixing stuff and also enjoys sewing and cooking too. Gotta love our men.:kiss2:

Any guy who happily buys you diamonds deserves bling of his own if he wants it.:appl: Please come back and share pics of your dh wearing his pearl.:love:

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you sweet @Weeivy73, I am doing OK. So kind of you to ask.

Your motorcycle riding dh can rock that earring. What makes them special is that they are a complex mix just like their wives. My dh used to ride a motorcycle too and loves woodworking and building and fixing stuff and also enjoys sewing and cooking too. Gotta love our men.:kiss2:

Any guy who happily buys you diamonds deserves bling of his own if he wants it.:appl: Please come back and share pics of your dh wearing his pearl.:love:
I sure will and also can't wait to post up photos of my new engagement ring once my jeweller is back from his break and I've actually decided on a style! So hard to decide!!

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great, but seems to be sitting a little low, not centered on the lobe. Maybe a smaller pearl would look more centered? Perhaps it's drooping a little because of its size? A different earring back in that case?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great, but seems to be sitting a little low, not centered on the lobe. Maybe a smaller pearl would look more centered? Perhaps it's drooping a little because of its size? A different earring back in that case?

Your husband can rock what he wants. That said, heavy earrings can be a bother to a low piercing. I second a smaller pearl and/or a bigger back. He can always reset this size and wear it as a pendant or bracelet or ring.

cheers--Sharon

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Finally posting up some photos of the pearl I purchased for dh's birthday back in May. Thanks for the reminder @canuk-gal, I'd forgotten about this thread!

I went for 8.5-9mm in yellow gold setting. Hubs wanted a darker greener look so this was as green as I could source, I brought 3 pearls of varying green/grey colour home and he chose the one he liked the most.

DSC_0752.JPG DSC_0754.JPG DSC_0758.JPG DSC_0760.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally posting up some photos of the pearl I purchased for dh's birthday back in May. Thanks for the reminder @canuk-gal, I'd forgotten about this thread!

I went for 8.5-9mm in yellow gold setting. Hubs wanted a darker greener look so this was as green as I could source, I brought 3 pearls of varying green/grey colour home and he chose the one he liked the most.

Well done!:appl:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

that looks awsome
i love nice jewlery on men

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results