shape
carat
color
clarity

A spy amongst us

GingerP

Rough_Rock
I'm new to posting on Pricescope, but not new to reading. I guess I'm what many would call a long-time lurker. This is my first time starting a topic, but I felt inclined because I feel like I've noticed something and wonder if anyone has made the same observation.

Do any of you see a topic posted on Pricescope only to find the same topic covered on some form of media the next day or soon afterward? Sometimes I feel like one of you must be a journalist or there is a journalist regularly checking out Pricescope for their next hot topic. Or, I might just be a paranoid person who is drinking the Kool-Aid, then starts seeing the big Kool-Aid guy stalking me wherever I go. I could see that happening. :loopy:

yiska

Shiny_Rock
Yes! I have also noticed this a lot with a wedding forum I read, topics are posted and then a few days later I find the same questions examined on the wedding section of an international magazine's website... I suppose it's only natural really, or maybe it's just that certain topics fit perfectly into the zeitgeist of the moment and therefore appear naturally in different media (sort of like the way fashion designers can come up with very similar ideas without knowing what others are designing).

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm, no I never noticed!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
lol I don't really read anything else so I never noticed~ :bigsmile:

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
They would be smart to look here for inspiration! :tongue: If I were a journalist, I would look here. This is a group of smart, well-educated women, and I'd like to think some of the topics we touch on have the possibility of being thought-provoking.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I've noticed content ebb "from PS" to other parts of the web and eventualy out to tv and print media. It doesn't feel like spy stuff to me though, it is simply the reality of our era that as "netizens" of the world, news travels fastest on the web, so you'l probably hear it here first.

PS is a diverse community of savy individuals from across the globe with wide-ranging interests thus each of us inhabits a slightly different corner of the web, but we all converge here at PS. When someone comes across something cool/shocking/intersting/etc. they bring it here and we all see it. If the topic is really cool other non-ps people are also spreading it across the web, reposting, and re-tweeting the url. Eventualy it will creep out to the rest of the world, but luckily, you ususally hear it here first.

Behold teh power of the interwebz! :ugeek:

GingerP

Rough_Rock
Hehe. I really don't think it's a spy in a underground deviant sense. I was just trying to take a light-hearted spin on something I thought I've observed more recently. :cheeky: I'm sure it's a sign of the web-enabled times.

When I came onto Hangout today I saw TravelingGal's post about the Today Show segment on the expiration date of fashion on aging women. I saw bits of the segment this morning, and I instantly thought of the poll that I believe poster Circe created late last week regarding long hair on older women and its stigmas and societal implications.

It's not the first time I remember such an instance, so I was confirming my (in)sanity. No worries. I'm not wearing a foil cap on my head.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
GingerP|1305605841|2923716 said:
Hehe. I really don't think it's a spy in a underground deviant sense. I was just trying to take a light-hearted spin on something I thought I've observed more recently. :cheeky: I'm sure it's a sign of the web-enabled times.

When I came onto Hangout today I saw TravelingGal's post about the Today Show segment on the expiration date of fashion on aging women. I saw bits of the segment this morning, and I instantly thought of the poll that I believe poster Circe created late last week regarding long hair on older women and its stigmas and societal implications.

It's not the first time I remember such an instance, so I was confirming my (in)sanity. No worries. I'm not wearing a foil cap on my head.

SNORT. Interesting-I hadn't noticed that trend but I always like it when things like that happen! I remember when I was in undergrad I always liked when several of the classes in completely different subjects sort of overlapped.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
It's me. I'm the mole.

20375_332064961118_657596118_5442770_5213041_n.jpg

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I did notice this last week when something posted on Pricescope was on a different website word for word without attribution. I was surprised.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results