shape
carat
color
clarity

A realistic wish list

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Having a day off work, and my thoughts have turned to diamonds (what a surprise!)

Wondering if anyone has a wishlist, not a dream list, but one you plan to work through in this lifetime?

I'll start:

Five stone diamond ring

Leverback diamond earrings

Oval with half moon sides ring

What about you?

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
My unrealistic wish list includes things that I would only wear once in a blue moon and wouldn't buy unless I hit the jackpot and had completely disposable income. My real wish list is definitely do-able in a lifetime of collecting.
E-ring:
2-2.5 carat antique cushion in Leon Mege's Adrianna
Other Jewelry:
Leon Mege French cut band with milgrain ~ 2 mm
Leon Mege Antique Calibre Band
BGD barbara pendant with milgrain .5-.7 carat stone --- can you tell I like milgrain?!
BGD bezel studs a la Phoenix with milgrain ~1.2 ctw
Leon Mege Sapphire Studs in a micropave halo
Leon Mege Antique Cushion Studs in a micropave halo

Oh and maybe for a super dooper significant anniversary a 3 carat asscher in a Leon Mege five stone...it is a wish list, right?! :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wishes are pretty simple. I dont work and we hardly ever go anywhere to wear fancy jewelry so....I just pretty much
want stuff I can wear everyday.

- new diamond studs (1 - 1.25 ctw) - I already have 1.0 ctw studs but they arent high quality
- a nice diamond haloed RHR - doesnt have to be too large. Maybe center stone of .6-.8, oval would be nice
- might want to reset my ering (cant decide on this one)

Other things that would be nice are colored gem RHRs.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Oranges, I'm getting one of things on your wish list!

I'll post the glamour shots when I get home: it's a barbara with millgrain and a 0.8 ct OEC

It won't arrive for a few more weeks though.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hmmmmmm ... well, my next project is a ruby pendant which I'm obsessing over - does it count as a "wish" if it's already in the works? :rodent:

- pear-shaped ruby pendant, 1.11 carats, Burmese, unheated, bezeled in platinum

And after that ...

- diamond studs, 1.30 or so TCW, bezeled and milgrained

- pear dangles, 2.5 TCW (which, practically speaking, means buying another diamond to match the one that I wear as a pendant so I can occasionally wear them as earrings instead, though I keep waffling on whether or not it will be a waste to have one of them in a box a lot of the time: practically speaking, probably not, since most people don't wear their fancy earrings 24/7, after all).

- once I attain all these other laudable goals, and probably for a big anniversary, perhaps an even bigger pendant. Perhaps 2.5 or thereabouts?

- a chunky baguette band in plat., with vertical baguettes - I love that look. For that matter, you can toss in a princess band and a bezeled marquis band.

And ... I think that's it, at least for the near future. I am imaginarily glutted. For some reason, things like bracelets and hoops just don't occupy my greed like pendants and earrings. :rodent:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh Rosetta, an oval with half moon sides would be lovely :love:

I would like, in the next 50 years:
* LM engagement ring
* Blingy wedding band (possible T&Co Lucida alternating sapphires and diamonds)
* Rose gold BGD bezel pink sapphire and diamond 3/4 band
* Canturi 'C' pendant
* Cartier trinity ring, pave diamonds on the white gold band
* Diamond solitaire pendant, maybe the WF bellerine...
Im up in the air about diamond earrings - i tend to think for my propensity to lose earrings its better for me to stay fake?!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Realisticly?

1.2ctw studs that are currently in the pipe line (one stone has been purchased and we are waiting for the twin to show up)

Martini setting pendant, not too sure on size I guess it would have to be bigger than the earrings and smaller than my ering (0.6-1.0ct)

An eternity ring to fit on the other side of my ering

Reset my ering in something to give it more presence and bling, halo maybe? (can't upgrade stone)

A nice right hand ring of some sort?

That would keep me happy over the next 10 years!

(my poor husband thought the diamond obsession would go away after I got my ering, little did he know!)

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I would like (realistic):

an 8-10 carat diamond tennis bracelet with round AND square stones/baguettes (white gold or platinum).

a pair of matched round tanzanites (1-1.5 carats each) so that I can get earrings made to match my pendant. I'll have them with a diamond surround and hanging by a thin wire (white gold).

a cleftless heart cut sphene in 3-5 carats to be made into a pendant

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
My realistic wish list is 1-1.5ctw OEC milgrained bezel diamond studs. Not realistic in the near future, but after we buy a house, and probably after we buy my next car, so in 3-5 years. I do have $100 a month going into a random savings account (mostly for overdraft protection) and I figure in 3-5 years there'll be enough money in there that I can just use it for my studs. We're really cheap, so even if money isn't a problem we're more likely to sit on it than spend it on jewelry. I hope when the time comes DH won't throw a fit about the price since he has agreed on the earrings in theory.

I also hope for a bezel eternity band some day, or some other type of simple eternity or RHR, but that's more like 10 years into the future, so my tastes my have changed at that point.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want a really cool necklace of some description, but I don't know what it is yet. Other than that, I have all the jewelry I want...which feels like heresy to say around here!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Very interesting everyone!

I like the realistic wishlists, but they do give me ideas.... :Up_to_something:

I love to think that PSers will slowly work through their list, surely and steadily. Now that's commitment! ;))

Any more?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
a nice pearl set--maybe freshadamas from Pearl Paradise...(studs, 3 strand bracelet, 3 strand neclace, and a single strand necklace)

an AVC cushion (lower color, bigger size:) set in a RHR (but in might bother DH b/c it could compete with my e-ring, so this might not happen....)

upgrade my bezel pendant to be .75 or larger OEC in the barbara or fixed bezel setting

An assher cut colored stone set in a sleek yellow gold bezel RHR

I already knocked my lever back bezel set from a jump ring earrings, five stone, and bezel eternity off my list in the past 12 months (on a pretty lean budget...) but I don't think new projects are going to happen for a few years:)

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
for oranges...

here is my barbara pendant with an OEC, for your inspiration oranges!

pdnt.jpg

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
wow, there are a lot of bezel milgrain studs on these wishlists!

realistically...
baguette stacking band, can't decide between horizontally or vertically set
rose gold DBTY necklace
something similar to a Bev K milgrain band

and ya'll are making me want to have my bezel studs milgrained now.... :Up_to_something:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Realistically:

Engagement ring (someday...sigh)
I'd like a pair of .75 total weight diamond studs, round, princess or cushion.
I'd like a really nice quality tanzanite pendant
A completed charm bracelet.
I'd also like a really nice gemstone RHR

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Will I be banned from PS if I say I'm happy with everything I already have?

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
oranges said:
My unrealistic wish list includes things that I would only wear once in a blue moon and wouldn't buy unless I hit the jackpot and had completely disposable income. My real wish list is definitely do-able in a lifetime of collecting.
E-ring:
Other Jewelry:
BGD barbara pendant with milgrain .5-.7 carat stone --- can you tell I like milgrain?!

Oh and maybe for a super dooper significant anniversary a 3 carat asscher in a Leon Mege five stone...it is a wish list, right?! :love:

OMG, another Leon junkie!!!!

I'm getting a Leon mother's ring now. So this is gonna set me back for awhile
Next:
Leon Antique calibre band
Leon DBY type 16' necklace with a pear drop
August Vintage Round 1 carat studs

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
My DREAM ring is an eternity band in platinum made up of .25ct. emerald cut diamonds. Honestly, if I had that I would stop surfing the internet for jewelry.

However, we are trying to pay out mortgage off in 2 years so I KNOW I will never see that ring.......

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well. Realistic.

Darn.

I want a Garland Inspired Band (similar to BN's Garland)
I want bezeled OEC or Transitional studs.
Something with a sapphire.

That's my list. I'm planning on the Garland Band by Spring. The OEC studs I'm just looking out for a good deal, but not seriously looking. And the Sapphire. I have to decide the piece I want first... but I'm looking at Sapphires at Simply Sapphires... they have some nice stones. So... if I find one I can't say no to, then I'll have to decide what I want to do with it. Either a pendant or a ring.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want a modified version of Brian Gavin nightingale, I want to just have 1 wedding ring instead of 2, so I want to use stones out of both rings to make one and then I want to add 2 small bezel set blue diamonds to represent my 2 boys who birthdays are in Dec & April...maybe, hopefully one day I will be able to get the funds together :$$):

I would also like to have a Leon string ring :love:

digitaldevo

Rough_Rock
Trade
I have a short list.
1. blue garnet, non-ccg
2. blue garnet ccg
3. 3ct. min. leuco garnet(this is almost finished. Just have to cut the rough, have it here finally)
4. 1ct+ true Russian Alexandrite with at least 90% ccg
5. a facet grade piece of North Carolina emerald that I can cut into 1ct+ stone
6. 1ct.+ faceted good quality Bixbite from WaWa
7. a diamond, rough or cut, with an orange spessartite garnet inside of it, seen them before
8. any size over .25ct of a faceted Arkansas diamond
9. any natural diamond with red fluorescence
10. 75ct+ faceted Bytownite(underway.. have a large clean chunk with a facet piece about 260cts+ and shape should allow me to get about 35-40% yield on it if choose a cut carefully or design one). I just love the pseudo-dispersion of Bytownite.
11. and a 1ct+ faceted multi-colored zoisite(tanzanite), the real stuff not the treated stuff.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Digital, I love your "short" list, he he!! :lol:

My realistic wish list:

1) upgrade of my 3ct to a 4.5-5ct RB in F-G colour VS clarity (I may only get it in my fifties or even sixties - but it *is* a realistic target :wink2: :twirl: ...I reckon...hope!!). It'd be in a blingy Leon setting.

2) an eternity band of 20-23 pointers (no, I *still* haven't reset the five stones my mom gave me but at least I now know that they will go into an eternity band)

3) a larger FY cushion ring

4) upgrade of my 3-stone ring to one with larger stones

5) halo'ed stud earrings

6) another decent watch (am sick of my old Rolex - it is a model that only "aunties" wear here. Singaporean PS'ers will know what I'm talking about! :wink2: )

7) a delicate but blingy bracelet (saw something at a local jewellery store that is quite affordable but not sure if hubby would let me spend the money! ::) )

To be honest though, most of these goals, though realistic, may not happen for several more years, except for maybe 2, 5 and 6.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want, in order:

a reset for my diamond
a unique eternity band
an oec pendant
briolette diamond danglie thingies to attach to my studs
5 stone ring

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only have four true "wants", and only one of them is really out of reach right now:

1. saving for a 5/7 stone ring for my mum is at the top of my to-do list
2. a french cut blue or red sapphire eternity in unplated wg for an anniversary
3. 1.5-2ctw OEC studs (this is a long-term goal)
4. 8-8.5mm freshadama drops for my studs

It's interesting. Before we got married my list was much, much longer, and much more extravagant. Now... other things matter so much more, somehow.

Now... I'm completely head over heels in love with my wedding set and don't want anything more than an anniversary band on my hands, I prefer studs anyway (nixing any real need for the pear drops I've wanted for years), though I do want pearl danglies ::) I have my thali chain for my (very) occasional necklace cravings and the charms will be strung on a bracelet that I've yet to find - I might put a diamond circlet or something such on there too, but it won't be a big or pricey venture.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Yssie, have you got a pic of your thali chain? I would love to see more traditional ethnic jewellery on this site!

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
rosetta said:
Oranges, I'm getting one of things on your wish list!

I'll post the glamour shots when I get home: it's a barbara with millgrain and a 0.8 ct OEC

It won't arrive for a few more weeks though.

Oh my gosh!!!! You lucky duck! That's awesome--I can't wait to see more pictures :bigsmile:
I'm thinking about knocking the barbara pendant off of my very long list for my college graduation in may... maybe. It is just such a gorgeous necklace and I'm really curious about how it will look with an OEC in real life since--I was contemplating maybe an AVR but I've never even seen that style of cut in person... but I'm not sure if its worth it.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Oranges, it'll look sensational with an AVOEC!

My stone is very old, had numerous nicks on the girdle and was bought for a song on eBay. But BGD still made it look good. I can only imagine how fab an ideal OEC would look. It would certainly be great for daily wear.

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rosetta!
I just edited my post -- I didn't see the picture I just saw your response and wrote back! I really like it with the OEC-- especially with the milgrain. It has a very different look than a round brilliant in the sleeker bezel. Do you think that OECs can compete with the sparkle of a round brilliant? I'm just worried that the only thing that will be noticeable in a necklace is the sparkle and that nobody would see that the stone isn't an ordinary round.

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
missydebby said:
oranges said:
E-ring:
Other Jewelry:

OMG, another Leon junkie!!!!

I'm getting a Leon mother's ring now. So this is gonna set me back for awhile
Next:
Leon Antique calibre band
Leon DBY type 16' necklace with a pear drop
August Vintage Round 1 carat studs

Oooh! Your Leon wish list sounds delightful. Are the AVR studs 1 ctw or 1 carat EACH :naughty: ?
Yeah, I'm a complete Leon junkie. After buying those two string bands and comparing them to my Tiffany Metro, Leon gained a very loyal customer for life. I still marvel at them :love:

lorimiow

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I'm new and this is my first post! I've been browsing PS a lot since I fount out about it 2 weeks ago, and I'm now having all these new cravings for diamond pieces! :Up_to_something: (I used to think I only want 1 diamond -- in my ER... now I *need* much more than that! :devil: even though I just got my dream ER a month ago :knockout: )

Here it goes:
1) Leon's platinum 1.2mm micropave eternity x 2 just love how these stack! :love: Oranges, I saw photos of your string bands and you got me totally hooked!! I love how I can build the stack later on with other thin bands to create different looks.

2) BGD studs (0.3ct each) --> good basics to have. I have a pair of studs from my mom but they may be poorly cut? Just don't have that sparkle that I want.

3) Leon's pave jackets for the studs -- I love how delicate Leon's jackets look compared to other brands', but I'm not entirely sure if Leon will make jackets for non-Leon studs... :confused:

4) BGD Bezel (Barbara) pendant in milgrain (0.6ct) -- same with yours again, Oranges! though I'm not sure if I want OEC or RB as I've never seen an OEC in person. Rosetta, your OEC looks so delicious!

Now I just need to work on saving $$$ for these lovelies... it's hard as I'm a grad student with quite a limited income! But I guess I just need to be patient :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results