shape
carat
color
clarity

a question about the cut adviser

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swl

Shiny_Rock
I am so happy to find the cut adviser tool on this forum, it''s just so helpful in determining which diamond is better.

But my only question is for a diamond that scores 1.8 on the scale with Excellent fire and Very Good light return, I am curious to know the difference between "excellent" and "very good". Can someone explain the difference for me please. Thanks!

and is it true that as long as a diamond scores 2 and below (like the one that I was checking- 1.8), it will be a really beautiful diamond?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
post the numbers please.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 1:56:19 PM
Author:swl
and is it true that as long as a diamond scores 2 and below (like the one that I was checking- 1.8), it will be a really beautiful diamond?

It''s likely but not guaranteed. If it scores well AND you have a good IS or ASET then you know it''ll be nice.

swl

Shiny_Rock
Measurements: 4.58 - 4.60 x 2.83 mm
Carat Weight: 0.36 carat
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: SI1
Cut Grade: Excellent

PROPORTIONS:
Depth: 61.6%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 34.5°
Crown Height: 15.0%
Pavilion Angle: 41.0°
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star length: 55%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted
Culet: None

FINISH:
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent

I don''t have any IS or other pictures of it
40.gif
only these numbers

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The HCA is used for elimination - not selection. The aim is to score below 2 then evaluate from there using ASET and Idealscope images in the next stage if you can get them. The numbers of your diamond suggest it could be a good performer, - but with the HCA it cannot physically see the diamond to say with any real accuracy that a diamond will definitely display this or that characteristic or level of beauty as there is a lot of info that is missing. So basically the diamond you posted is worth further evaluation.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
From the numbers looks good but near the edge where performance falls. Would like to see it''s IS image. Online stone?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this diamond GIA graded?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
That combo demands an IS image before purchase.

swl

Shiny_Rock
ya, I got those numbers from the GIA report

the jeweler does not offer any images, so i have to bring it to an appraiser if i really want to know...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 2:35:23 PM
Author: swl
ya, I got those numbers from the GIA report

the jeweler does not offer any images, so i have to bring it to an appraiser if i really want to know...
If you have seen it in person then check it out away from the store lights if possible to see how it looks in everyday lighting. Also if there is a Hearts on Fire dealer near you or a Jareds, check out the HoF branded diamonds and Jareds AGS0 to see how this one compares. Have you checked carefully to make sure it is eyeclean?

swl

Shiny_Rock
I just gave the store a call and they said it''s eye-clean, so once it arrives I will compare and see if I like it or not. thanks for the suggestion!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 2:53:15 PM
Author: swl
I just gave the store a call and they said it''s eye-clean, so once it arrives I will compare and see if I like it or not. thanks for the suggestion!
Most welcome and let us know how you get on!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results