shape
carat
color
clarity

A proposal on a Climb...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock

I thought now things are firming up it would put forward my plans for the ‘moment’

Originally I was going to surprise her with a trip the NY, staying in the Plaza, and further enhanced with the Flight to New York being via a connection in Amsterdam, but in the end Cost and other factors got in the way.

Then friends of ours from around the country decided – since we are all big Rollercoaster fans… that we would visit a particular Amusement Park on its opening day of the season in February – and then the Plan hatched – As we are both big lovers of this particular Park – Blackpool Pleasure Beach, as it is home to THE best wooden coasters in the country, as well as Europe’s Tallest Coaster at 234ft high (260 odd officially, but I’m only counting the height of the drop at 234ft) now my Main plan is to propose while on our Favourite Coaster – the Grand National – a 70 year old wooden racing coaster – and our firm fave coaster! But since a fire early last year it might not be open on opening day, so the back up plan is the apply named Pepsi Max Big One. In both instances I intend to propose on the way up the lift hill… (and if poss have a friend in front who can video the event – depends if he can smuggle the camera onboard – tis poss, just got to be sneaky about it

2.gif
) and It’ll give me about a min to ask, and get it on the finger before the plunge down the drop. Plus there ain’t a better view than in an open coaster car – 200ft odd above the seaside town – except maybe from the 500ft tower a bit further down the sea front, but to me doesn’t have the same X factor.

The way I see it, hopefully, means I don’t have to get down on one knee… mainly from the embarrassment of it – don’t want to crack up a laughing doing it, and we’re both very shy ppl – so infront of others s a rather big nono… but strapped into a coaster is a bit different… sat at the back – it wont be an issue

1.gif
the decision to marry is a mutual one so no problems there… but the moment of proposal is left to me for the surprise factor…

About the only thing was – I am getting Diamond Earrings at the same time, for a special occasion – the Mason’s Ladies Evening – only thing is… the occasion I was originally told was to be the week after this trip… but has now been changed to the DAY before! Darn! So I don’t know if I should hang on to them for another occasion and give her the silver earrings I’m also getting, or just go with the Diamonds. Choices, choices, choices!!!!

Gale

Shiny_Rock
I love this proposal idea. However, aren''t you a little worried about the rather large risk of dropping the ring due nervousness or other unforseen circumstances.

lethologica

Rough_Rock
That was exactly what I was going to say - what happens if you drop it when you''re right at the top - it''s got a LONG way to fall and any wind could send it flying in any direction...

Why not be stupid and suggest a ride on the tea-cups (or american equivalent) and then propose whilst you''re being childish and giggly
4.gif

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Oo its has certainly crossed my mind... It''ll be one for deciding on the day i think depending on weather conditions (heck if it gets too windy they close the Big One anyway) - We have already lost a set of car keys one trip on the Big One, and a moblie on another ride... but that has wised us up over the years... now everything is Zipped, button and locked down... the climb up the lift is fairly gentle, and with only the moment, being the suprise rather than the proposal - since shes been part of the decsion process all the way through.

My preferance would be to be on the Grand National - since it holds so dear to us. And alot easier to sort.

Failing that - my other is on Hirum Maxim''s Flying Machines - the oldest ride in the park (101), and very gentle... flying round in rockets...
1.gif

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Upon further reflection, there must be some way you can secure the ring to your person (fishing line or invisible thread secured somehow to the lining of a pocket?) to prevent loosing it on the coaster. Then the problem becomes how does she get to put it on at that very moment. Hmmmm....

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
ooo Great Idea!

Have got a a reel of Fishing line - so could tie it to the ring, and to the Tab on the Zip of the pocket of my coat, then just cut the string afterwards...

Though knowing the Ride ops there quite well... If i asked em - nicely, they would stop the ride on the hill for me...

They even have a registar on site and offer a Wedding Cerimony at the top of the Big One - tho that was discounted as we both wanted our folks to be there - and both our mothers are TERRIFIED of heights so would never get them up there lol!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results