shape
carat
color
clarity

A proposal fit for a meteorologist (By accident too!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

branhap

Rough_Rock
I''ve been working on this since the beginning of July, and first off would like to thank this site for its invaluable resources. I will have pictures of the ring shortly and will post em when I get em.
1.gif

Anyways, my girlfriend is a meteorologist for the NWS. Currently she lives in WY, and I live in MD, until I can get a job out there. Originally I was planning on going out to Wyoming and proposing to her, but recently found out that she had a 4 days off, and would join her parents for their family vacation in Myrtle. This moved up the plan by a week, and required some adjustments.

Working with her Dad, we got our own condo in Myrtle Ocean Front view. I really wanted to propose to her then, because then she could share the moment with her family.

I tried to talk her into going out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary. However, she refused wanting to spend all of the dinners with her parents. So I had to go to plan B. I created a CD with one song from each of the past 12 years that we''ve been dating. (Don''t ask, wanted to wait till both finished with school etc.) Seeing Get Ripped''s post, I decided to steal (hope you don''t mind!!) part of his idea by sneaking Wedding Chimes onto the CD in the 2nd Track. As it turned out Tropical Storm Alex was brewing off the coast of Myrtle that Monday night. So we''re sitting on the balcony listening to some music on the stereo.

I disappear and grab the CD and put the ring into the box and into my pocket. (I had kept it in my pocket for fear of leaving it in a Condo.) I put the CD in, and come back out onto the patio so we can continue watching the storm brew off the coast. As I sit next to her, I try to figure out a way to get her to stand up without realizing that I''m going to propose to her. (She is still clueless and has no idea this is coming...) THen it hits me, ask her to dance with me on the patio. So I dance with her.

Then after the first song ends, I tell her that I had lunch with her father the previous weekend. She gets extremely excited, then heres the wedding chimes song in the background. I then grab the ring out of my pocket go down to one knee and before I can even ask her, she blurts, OMG you''re proposing to me!! I ask her to marry me while holding out her ring. She says yes, and then immediately bear hugs me, before I can even put the ring on her finger. Finally I get her to let go, and I put the ring on her finger. Happiest face I''ve ever seen on her.
1.gif
Woohoo
1.gif

We then head out to get some dessert (she loves Friendly''s ice cream.) and when we come back, she holds out some icecream for the rest of the family showing her nice rock.
1.gif

So that''s my story. She loved it, and Tropical Storm Alex made it all the better.
1.gif
Heh

Thanks for sticking through it and reading all of it.

Paul

Cliff Notes Version

PLay CD with 12 songs, 1 for each year we''ve been dating.
Ask her to marry me with Tropical Storm Alex in the background.
Pictures will be coming up soon, once she sends them to me. (need to get developed)

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
That is really cool.

Be glad it isn't this weekend though...the ring might get blown away :)

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS!!! Great story -amazing how it all works out when it's supposed to, ey?
1.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
I just loved your story! What a great proposal!
appl.gif

Congratulations and best wishes for you both in the future.

-Sarah

P.S. Thanks for the cliff notes...that brought back great college memories.
2.gif

branhap

Rough_Rock
Here's a picture of the ring.
Marquise 1.26 ct.
I Color, VS2
Side stones are 2 marquise on the side, 3 baguettes perpendicular to the marquise in a row, then another marquise on the end. (Total of .60 ct for the side stones, ranging in I-H/VS2-SI1.
Ring size is 7.5.

Weeeeeeeeee

Will get more pictures as they become available. I promise!!

Ringbranhap.JPG

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
That is very pretty. I like it with the setting
1.gif

branhap

Rough_Rock
As promised, a picture with it on her hand.

Thanks for the compliments all.

I'm just thrilled that I was able to surprise her with the engagement.
1.gif

Paul

WithRingOn.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results