shape
carat
color
clarity

A proposal by Christmas? or next year?

jessib11

Rough_Rock
I am new to the forum but have been lurking around for while.

Just wondering if you ladies are expecting a proposal before Christmas or will you be waiting until next year??

Do you find yourself getting excited/your hopes up around special occassions thinking it will be the time he asks the question?

Hard for us ladies in waiting huh!

x j

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
Before Christmas. Since we live so far from our family, he understands my desire to share the news and show off the ring while home for the holidays. I am hoping I do not have to wait until right before Christmas though!

Not many special occasions have passed, so that hasn't happened. However, he isn't a super romantic guy and he is trying to get better at that, every time he has done something cute/romantic I think maybe its the time. So far nothing! Hopefully soon!

How about you?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Way after ;-). But that's me trying to calm myself. We have a getaway planned in Nov, as well as an anniversary in Dec.. So of course I'm antsy and in anticipation.. But probably not. If I can get *any type of jewelry, I'd be happy though. ;-)

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
Before Christmas! SO just put a deposit down on my ring yesterday, and it will be ready in about 6 weeks. :appl:

BeautyQueen

Rough_Rock
Even though our anniversary is next month and Christmas is a month and some odd days after i am not expecting any proposal this year i have been told by SO that most likely by this time next year i just might have something. :rolleyes:

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
The ring should be done in 3 weeks, and we are going on vacation in Hawaii in 3 weeks... I'm just hoping it's actually finished before the trip (not sure he's planning on proposing there - it wasn't the ORIGINAL plan at least, but still!). Regardless, I absolutely am expecting it before Thanksgiving, much less before Christmas!! :appl:

BeautyQueen

Rough_Rock
I dont think i would be able to retain myself if i knew that my proposal was that close .. you must be so excited !

shanshans2005

Rough_Rock
I thought maybe this Christmas but now Im sure it wont be definitely be until next year, more than likely after he starts his second rotation at his job next August but knowing him it wont be until he get settled into his department he will work for the long run and thats not until August 2013....so I have a LONG wait...

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
I don't expect one. We just moved in together, and money is tight. As much as I'd like a Christmas proposal, I know it won't happen.

Edit: I haven't even hopped back on THE LIST yet. My guy and I have only been together about 4 months, but I've known him for about 13 months. So, yeah, there is definitely no ring in my immediate future.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I'm thinking next year. I would love a Christmas proposal though just because we would be able to announce it to all our extended family in person! :D

shanshans2005

Rough_Rock
Well i posted earlier that I think it might happen this Christmas. I take it back I dont think its in my cards anytime soon. I think maybe August 2013...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results