shape
carat
color
clarity

A Positive Outlook on the Future of the United States

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The media plays a huge role in people’s perspective - nice to hear someone point out the positive attributes of our country. Not a perfect union but one with the ability to certainly overcome obstacles. Imagine what our mindset might be if we heard some of these attributes on the evening news, or read on the front pages of our newspapers!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
There is beauty and love all around us, we just have to look. I know he mentioned nothing about love in his video, but it's still the same. Look for good and you will find it. Look for bad and there it is. This is why I no longer pay attention to the big media news. They don't report good. I personally can do nothing about the macro bad. So I focus on the good that I can do in my world.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just saw this segment on CNN (of all places) that paints our future in a brighter light than most of what I've been seeing in the media.
I found it worth the 5 minutes of viewing time but YMMV =)2 :

my friend in St Louis has been saying this for a wee while now

the news media have an awful lot to answer for
too much political bias instead of cold hard facts
of course as @Mrs_Strizzle says some beauty and love doesnt hurt

i used to always race home to the evening news, feeling quite anxious if i missed even one story
now if i miss the news i miss it and can catch up in the newspaper tomorrow and i feel better for it

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results