carat
color
clarity

A Penny For Your Thoughts...

RoyalWe

Rough_Rock
:wavey:

Hello again,

So after finally picking my stone (my lil cushion garnet), and working out the general details of the setting, this project it starting to get REAL. I am looking for opinions on this please because my husband refuses to have an opinion either way (he's no fool, lol) and I just need to bounce ideas and get feedback from somebody, and, well, I can't think of a better place to do it.

So, the setting is a three stone halo, and I was teetering between rose gold and white gold, and so after mulling it over (and over and over)... I decided that I would like the ring entirely in white gold, with the exception of the prongs ONLY in rose gold, hopefully to enhance the vivid color of the stone. Well, I received an email today from the jeweler, and he suggests to do the entire halo and basket (I think that's what it is?) in rose gold. I am attaching the sketch sent to me. Basically the yellow on the drawing indicates where there would be rose gold, the remainder being white gold.

Thoughts?

ring_rose_gold_op.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it could be really pretty, but I am not great at visualizing, so maybe not the best person to ask. Could you attach a pic of your stone to jog our memory about its color?

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like it!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love the concept. One thing I am not sure about is the size difference between the center halo and the side stone halos. I really like the idea but I am not sure 0.1mm will be noticeable or if it will just look a bit off. Could you perhaps go a bit smaller with the stones on the side halos?

RoyalWe

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys!

I really should have posted pics of the stone as a reminder to begin with. Sorry about that!

malaia_221__1_0.jpg

malaia_221_0.jpg

_37572.jpg

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have you seen the stone next to RG to make sure you like the look?

lovedogs posted some DK pieces over on this thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...er-kirk-kara-sapphire-engagement-ring.223649/

One of which had some RG details in the gallery. That seems like another subtle way to introduce a splash of RG, and wouldnt sit right against the stone in case WG makes a better contrast.

Love the profile of the sketch BTW!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That garnet is soooo nice, I thought it's a pad sapphire then I remember what you first wrote but still double checked to be sure :love:
The stone will look great with rose gold!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As advised above, make sure the rose gold alloy works with your stone before proceeding. Prongs alone will not amp up the colour; you'll need to also have the basket in rose gold to affect the colour of the stone.

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
I love it!!! What a lovely garnet. The Rose gold will make the prongs disappear!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results