shape
carat
color
clarity

A Pale Blue Dot

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
That was awesome, touching, profound, humbling... thank you!

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
amazing!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a postcard at some point of a picture of the earth taken from the moon. It really makes you realize that in the grand scheme of things, the things you worry about are so insignificant. It helps ground me when I stress out about something.
1.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
Excellent!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Just saw this.
Gulp.
Speechless.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Carl Sagan was one of the great astronomers of the modern times. Not so much for what he personally discovered - but by how well he could communicate what astronomy did and what the discoveries meant to the people on this world.

I used to have ties to the UW Wisconsin-Madison college astronomy department - and they use pictures that I took in some of their classes to this day (and I was the only non-astronomy person that would get invited to the astronomy department annual picknicks in those days). I have talked with people who directly knew Carl Sagan - and they just lit up when talking about him - about how he inspired their direction in Astronomy and specific research. The affect he had on people - even other professionals in his field was amazing.

The pale blue dot is just one of the many things like this that Carl Sagan did.

Thanks, storm, for recovering it for us.

Perry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results