shape
carat
color
clarity

A Nudge In The Right Direction

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sunshinegirl77

Rough_Rock
Last night I had my LIW breakdown. It started when I went to an interview and ran about 3 hours late (long side story). It was 11:15pm by the time i got home. I was upset by the fact I didn''t hear from B. My daughter checked in 3 times to see where I was. When I got home I ended up having a discussion with B about how I was really feeling. It started off on why do i need a job in the first place. He said we can open a joint account and he would fund it for household items. I flat out told him that we have not reached that point in our relationship. I proceeded to tell him after a year of living together and the 800 mile move, I felt we were not going anywhere. I asked him what is the hold up. His answer was "i guess I take things for granted and i guess I just have been procrastinating". I nearly lost when I heard that he was just procrastinating. I explained how much stress this wait has been on me. I told him that but holding out it gives me the impression that he just wasn''t ready and I moved here under false pretenses (bad spelling). During the conversation I asked him if he wasn''t ready, his answer was I am and that he was a big boy.

Long story short, I think I "lit a fire" under him and tonight is our first night alone in almost 6 weeks since my daughter moved in. We have a date night planned. I am hoping that he will seize the opportunity and take advantage of tonight.

Thanks for letting me vent...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
woohoo001.gif

Lets hope he gets his butt in gear!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/18/2009 1:57:04 PM
Author: tyty333
woohoo001.gif

Lets hope he gets his butt in gear!

I second that!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 1:15:20 PM
Author:Sunshinegirl77
Last night I had my LIW breakdown. It started when I went to an interview and ran about 3 hours late (long side story). It was 11:15pm by the time i got home. I was upset by the fact I didn''t hear from B. My daughter checked in 3 times to see where I was. When I got home I ended up having a discussion with B about how I was really feeling. It started off on why do i need a job in the first place. He said we can open a joint account and he would fund it for household items. I flat out told him that we have not reached that point in our relationship. I proceeded to tell him after a year of living together and the 800 mile move, I felt we were not going anywhere. I asked him what is the hold up. His answer was ''i guess I take things for granted and i guess I just have been procrastinating''. I nearly lost when I heard that he was just procrastinating. I explained how much stress this wait has been on me. I told him that but holding out it gives me the impression that he just wasn''t ready and I moved here under false pretenses (bad spelling). During the conversation I asked him if he wasn''t ready, his answer was I am and that he was a big boy.

Long story short, I think I ''lit a fire'' under him and tonight is our first night alone in almost 6 weeks since my daughter moved in. We have a date night planned. I am hoping that he will seize the opportunity and take advantage of tonight.

Thanks for letting me vent...
Congrats on have an honest convo! Please don''t go into tonight with any crazy expectations, though! Just enjoy your time as a couple!
2.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on getting all that honesty out in the open...doesn''t it make YOU feel better, too!?! Guys aren''t generally perceptive when it comes to things like feelings...even when we''re relatively explicit. It''s nice to see that he was able to fess up and just be like "I took stuff forgranted" and realize that he needs to "man up" if you will and get in gear.

Enjoy your date night!!!
31.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Good for you for getting his butt in gear. Men are so annoying sometimes with their non sharing of feelings and procrastinating.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I hope the fire is lit, and leads to a ring soon!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 10:35:25 PM
Author: princessplease
I hope the fire is lit, and leads to a ring soon!

Ditto! *Dust*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results