shape
carat
color
clarity

a not very interesting realization

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry ladies, no drama or anything exciting in this post. It''s just something that I realized the other day. Something that reaffirms my belief that things happen for a reason.

For many months I had been hoping that this Saturday would be P-day (proposal day). It''s b/f and my 3 year dating anniversary and it''s a Saturday!!! Plus, we go to the beach every year for our anniversary. So we would be at the beach, on a Saturday, on our dating anniversary. How perfect for that have been for a proposal!?! Well, for a number of reasons I know for a FACT that it is not going to happen this Saturday. I had been really bummed about it for some weeks now.

The other day, though, I realized how lucky I am that it is not this Saturday. For one, I have been sick for the past 5 weeks! That cough I have had is much worse now thanks to a bad cold that I caught last weekend. (And I am almost 100% sure that I know who gave it to me..ggrrrrrrr..) So I have felt sick and miserable for a while and I look awful! I know that I don''t feel well enough to fully enjoy and celebrate anything (like a proposal), and I can''t talk without coughing, so I would have a terrible time trying to call people to tell them the news. Secondly, two of my relatives that I would want to celebrate with are not in good health right now either. One recently broke her foot and the other needs surgery.

For anyone else who had the "perfect day" in mind and it didn''t happen for them, trust me, I totally understand the disappointment. But, sometimes things just happen for a reason that we do not realize until we have more perspective.

sweetnghtmr

Rough_Rock
Thats great how you where able to take news that you were orginaly dissopointed with and locigcally think about and realize it''s not so bad after all! What a great outlook! I think you have many good points in your post, and the day will come when your all healthy and least expect it! I hope you and your family members are all feeling better soon!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
sweetnghtmr - Thank you so much for your kind words! It has taken several weeks for me to have this more relaxed and happy opinion about Saturday. Last week I was even thinking about canceling going to the beach. But, the other day everything just sort of "clicked" in my brain and I am glad my b/f does not have a ring yet. Also, I really appreciate the well wishes for my family!!
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on 3 years - and on your positive outlook on not having that be the day. Now you''ll just have one more day to celebrate when he does propose.
31.gif

W and I are spending our 3 year anniversary celebration in Jamaica at the end of this month. Secretly, I was hoping for a proposal there, but I''m about 99.9% sure it won''t happen. Just as well as we''ll have some other day to celebrate some time in the next 6 - 18 months.
2.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Buena Girl...

What so cool about proposals is that you really never know when it''s going to happen. When my FI proposed to me on our Tahoe trip he told me he was still saving for the ring and wouldn''t have enough money until summer! I don''t keep sharp track of his finances but the summer timeline sounded pretty accurate to me. Boy was I surprised when he proposed in March! Also he wanted to propose after asking my parents and on a clear day overlooking on a peak at Squaw valley. Well, he got the ring unexpectedly right before our trip and didn''t have time to ask my parents in person and it was storming our whole trip. PLUS on the way up I kept making an arse out of myself and saying "I know you''re not going to propose but wouldn''t it be cool to get engaged in the snow?"

Anyways, what i''m trying to say in a non-clear circuitous way is that you never know.. (!!!!) but spending time with the BF is always great. Happy third anniversary
1.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
LaurenThePartier and snow_happy -

Thank you both for your congrats and positive vibes!! I''ve gone from almost backing out of the trip to having a zen like happy feeling to now being really excited for Saturday (which is what I should have been feeling all along
37.gif
). B/f and I were talking about our anniversary plans and it is going to be great! Lots of amazing food with bay and ocean views!!! We''re going to start out with hard shell MD blue crabs at Bahama Mama''s, make a stop sometime during the day at Thrashers french fries, and finish off with the world''s best dessert crepes at The Bayside Skillet.
30.gif
And if the weather isn''t too terrible we will hang out on the beach (too cold for swimming yet).

BTW, I know what he is giving me.
9.gif
He is detailing my vehicle. I L
30.gif
VE a beautiful, clean, shiny waxed, spotless vehicle inside and out!!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Last Saturday was wonderful! B/f and I were able to do almost all of our favorite things.
10.gif

No proposal of course, but something kind of funny happened, so I thought I would update this thread. See the picture below? Piping hot fresh Hardshell Maryland Blue Crabs (nothing finer
3.gif
) We ate them for lunch on a deck with the sun directly on us for @ 2 hours. Well, silly me did not think to put sunblock on (thankfully, I had on long sleeves!!) and I sunburned my hands
39.gif
. My winter white skin with splotches of fierce red, because my hands were at an odd angle to the sun because I was picking crabs. And, those suckers tear up your hands a little when you rip them apart so I have a few little cuts and gashes. I have butt ugly hands right now!! I am so glad that I don''t have to show off a ring or take pictures of a ring on my hands. I would be too embarrassed to post them!
9.gif
2.gif

bahamamamacrabs.JPG

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the beach. It was gobsmackingly GORGEOUS weather that day!!!!!!!

BG3rdbeach.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am not sure how I missed this thread the first time around...BUT HAPPY 3 YEARS!!!!
36.gif
That is awsome BuenaGirl! I am just so happy for you. That is a huge mile marker. It sounds like ya''ll had a supper spiffy time and WOW with those beach veiws how could you not. I am sorry that you have been coughing so much, I know how you feel, my little told me I sound like darth vader...
40.gif
. I know he will ask you and that it will be that moment you have always wanted. How could it not when you are getting the man of your dreams? How do you know he doesnt have the ring yet? Congrats again!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Matatora- Thank you! We had so much fun!! And I don''t know if you have read this about us before, but we work together, too, so it is pretty amazing to find someone I can literally spend 24/7 with day in and day out and we haven''t had any major blow-outs in the past 3 years.

Here''s why I knew he did not have the ring yet:
1. My relative still had the diamond I had inherited. Here''s the thread about it: my ring aspirations
I don''t know if he plans to use that diamond for sure or if he wants to buy his own. I know he has not bought a diamond b/c:
2. Two big financial surprises came up in the past few months, and I know one of them affected his savings for the e-ring.
3. He switched banks in order to open up a savings account and they incorrectly/or didn''t process some info. and it took him months to get it resolved and then get checks for the account (he just got the checks this week!!)

There are some more reasons and if you are interested I could list them. I am short on time right now
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results