shape
carat
color
clarity

A;most got "malled" yesterday - TGFP (thank god for Pricescope!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I was at a mall yesterday and I saw a charming 5 stone ring in the window, so I peeked my head in. The sales woman let me try it on, and from far away, under the insane lighting, it was beautiful! I asked her about the grades of the diamonds, and ya know what? she flat out LIED. She took out a little magnifying glass, looked at it, and said it was SI1. Now, my ring is SI1, and I can''t see AANYTHING in my stone. When I took a close look, these diamonds looled like they had dirt pepper black splotches all over them. She must have thoght I was STUPID! The price was $1500, for a 5 stone .20 pointers, that were absolutely the poorest quality I have ever seen before.

I would have totally fell for it if it wasn''t for the info I have learned on here!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
they could have been SI1 with dark carbon inclusions rather than white. SI1 technically means you can see inclusions under 10x mag...but sometimes if they are dark, you can see them even more easily. however since it was a mall store, they were probably more like SI2 or I1 if they were that obvious.

you have an eye-clean SI1 as do I...probably with white inclusions which are masked with sparkle and the cut of the diamond. there are even some SI2 stones that are eye-clean if you have white inclusions. those are the best deals I say!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/23/2004 12:20:53 PM treysar wrote:

I was at a mall yesterday and I saw a charming 5 stone ring in the window, so I peeked my head in. The sales woman let me try it on, and from far away, under the insane lighting, it was beautiful! I asked her about the grades of the diamonds, and ya know what? she flat out LIED. She took out a little magnifying glass, looked at it, and said it was SI1. Now, my ring is SI1, and I can't see AANYTHING in my stone. When I took a close look, these diamonds looled like they had dirt pepper black splotches all over them. She must have thoght I was STUPID! The price was $1500, for a 5 stone .20 pointers, that were absolutely the poorest quality I have ever seen before.

I would have totally fell for it if it wasn't for the info I have learned on here!----------------

You go girl!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
It's amazing, isn't it, the poor quality of the jewelry in some of the typical mall stores... Shocking, really.
6.gif
rolleyes.gif
1.gif

The consumer MUST inform him/herself, fair or not.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results