shape
carat
color
clarity

A Moline multicolour masterpiece

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I never tire of seeing photos of your unicorn bracelets. They’re a delight to the see!! I’m so glad I was able to share in your pearl journey :kiss2:!!

Also so very glad that you actually got what you were searching for!!

Now for that GSS bracelet...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daisy you're one of the sweetest, kindest, most supportive PSers I know ❤️ I don't think it's even possible for anyone who knows you to read ill-intent into anything you say!!
Well - with the exception of someone who dares speak ill of Bruce, maybe :bigsmile: But obviously that'd be a case of irredeemably poor taste :lol:

Thank you for being part of PS. Don't ever leave ::) :love:

Thank you Yssie =)2
I get so much pleasure here hanging out with you gals (and guys) and looking at all the pretties.
Communities like this are everything that is wonderful about the internet

(Your right about the Bruce bit;)2
Im like a an angry lioness if i feel the need to defend him;)2)

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
Wow the write up, the close up shots and the amazingly beautiful lustre of the pearls! This is such a fantastic thread to read, @yssie you have such a great eye for these treasures!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@astaeria Thank you so much for your very sweet thoughts ::) ❤️

@Crystal_Dreams Thank you!! The saga was so much more fun shared with friends ::)

The GSSs and the baroque akoya will be my last pearl bracelets for a very long time. I’m out of arm space, that’s probably the sign :lol: I can’t wait for these GSSs, honestly, if they’ve got colour anything like yours I’ll be thrilled :cool2:

Waiting patiently, waiting patiently, still patient… :boohoo::halo:

@Daisy_Margaret Thank you! I swear, I never intend to write as much as I do - but I’m totally chuffed that you, and at least a few others, found it useful - or entertaining! - enough to read the whole way through :bigsmile:

I just realised last night... These days when I log onto PS - the Pearls forum is the first one I check!! I’m really loving this forum. I love that we have active Mikimoto threads and pawn shop jackpot threads. A little bit of everything - no blanket brand reverence, no counter culture demanding DIY, no echo-chamber for certain schools of thought. It's really a pretty special forum ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MMtwo Oh my goodness. Thank you!! :love: Andrew definitely pulled a few gerbils out of socks to make this one happen :bigsmile:

My favourite favourite pic is the one with the ball bearings - if anyone ever wants to know why I wax poetic about these pearls I can just point to that one, “See? See!???”

But my second favourite pics are actually the comparison of the loose holy grail pearl and the first bracelet attempt. I remember packing those pearls up and thinking this must be one of the nicest piles of “rejects” ever returned! The difference really is soooo minimal. But it was there, and I saw it, and that was all I was ever going to see.

I have two spares for this bracelet. So I’m all set on round Tahitians for the rest of my life. :lol:

@diamondseeker2006 Thank you!! :bigsmile:

Andrew mentioned once that one of his suppliers had referred to me as “the terror”. Take what you will from that :lol:

I’ve known you for a very long time, we share quite a bit of the same “best is best” strain! So I know you know I know what you mean :twisted2: And, of course, I already know that whatever pearls you wind up with will be exceptional
:mrgreen:

Darling @Begonia ::) Y'know, the one thing that’s better than buying pretties is spending someone else’s money to buy pretties :halo: I would be delighted to indulge your every desire... :Up_to_something:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a an email yesterday asking what I thought of my new Tahitians compared with my older Sea of Cortez bracelets. I took a few photos and thought I'd share them here too :))

I do think of both as "multicolour". The Tahitians are clearly of superior quality - they're spherical (the camera turns the ends oval in closeups - do shoot the messenger :lol:), they've got tack sharp lustre, smooth skins, no surface blemishing... The Cortez pearls are about as lumpy and bumpy as you'd expect from baroques! All the Tahitians err green and all the SoCs err blue, and both tend to grey out in strong single-source lighting (like sunlight). The Cortez pearls make tri-colour the norm - every single one of them has at least three distinct overtone colours visible from every angle. A few of my Tahitians have three colours, but I know that non-round Tahitians can be much more colourful - like @737lizakg's circles!!

FINAL_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

FINAL_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

FINAL_3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

FINAL_4.png

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This thread has the best eye candy ever. Ever. I love your SoC/Tahitian pictures - each beautiful in its own special ways.

And I whole heartedly echo your sentiments about the variety of beauties in the pearl forum. It’s by far my favourite place here at the moment too.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a an email yesterday asking what I thought of my new Tahitians compared with my older Sea of Cortez bracelets. I took a few photos and thought I'd share them here too :))

I do think of both as "multicolour". The Tahitians are clearly of superior quality - they're spherical (the camera turns the ends oval in closeups - do shoot the messenger :lol:), they've got tack sharp lustre, smooth skins, no surface blemishing... The Cortez pearls are about as lumpy and bumpy as you'd expect from baroques! All the Tahitians err green and all the SoCs err blue, and both tend to grey out in strong single-source lighting (like sunlight). The Cortez pearls make tri-colour the norm - every single one of them has at least three distinct overtone colours visible from every angle. A few of my Tahitians have three colours, but I know that non-round Tahitians can be much more colourful - like @737lizakg's circles!!

FINAL_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

FINAL_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

FINAL_3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

FINAL_4.png

Best. Stack. Ever.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous and thank you as always for taking the time to share your photos and story!

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
Wow, they are pretty, pretty and far nicer than anything I saw at the mall today, include the Tahitian Mikimoto pearls (really way nicer color!)

And Andrew, I don't know how you stumbled on this pearl forum but Jackpot for you and the Moline Company.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@yssie I've just been reading earnestly of your journey and dreaming of these pearls. The color and the luster and the fact that you have the top 1% of the top 1% is just beautiful. You deserve the best of the best and you are awesome to be able to find them. I adore oysters and words can't describe how beautiful and how magical they are. I'm so happy for you! The time and detail you put in to choose and find these pearls really shines through. Always remember you are the true beauty and these pearls are a compliment to you.
And yes me want to see someday!! :bigsmile: :kiss2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Feel free to share a photo or five from playtime... :bigsmile:my hard drive has plenty more space for pics :halo:

Yes!! South seas!! :mrgreen: I asked Andrew to look for a set of nice goldens for another bracelet - preferably with minimal size graduation. I actually have a golden south sea bracelet already, and I wanted the new one to have a specific colour, so Andrew sent my bracelet out to his supplier in Japan so that we'd have something known to both parties to compare with.

I think golds would look lovely next to these bright greens actually - I could see myself wearing that duo a lot :sun:

And then... I think... The only other pearls on my "must have" list is a pair of Tahitian drops for earrings, like your Golays. The colour on these is hypnotic in photos - you can't just look, you kind of have to stop and stare. I can imagine what they must look like in-person :appl:

1611385543887.png

Saw this pair on IG several weeks ago - I was really tempted, but I'm going to wait for a more rounded shape ::)

1611385894315.png

Ah GSSPs. Have a love hate relationship with them. Basically hate how they look on me. I just cannot wear goldens! Even the vendor that sold my baroque GSSP strand to me told me that I don’t look good in GSSP *facepalm*. So I think I’ve maybe worn it 5 times or less? Definitely less than 10x. Which gold tone are you going for and what overtones?

Played a little bit this morning and the pearls really need a clean but here are some strands (3 ropes) on my wrist

042C6867-7BA6-4413-9344-99FC73C4F5BD.jpeg

The rainbow/peacock colors are a delight right.

Good that you passed on those drops. I think they may disappoint you. Can’t wait to see your drops when you finally get them. Will be worth the wait. My Golay drops still bring me a lot of joy.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah GSSPs. Have a love hate relationship with them. Basically hate how they look on me. I just cannot wear goldens! Even the vendor that sold my baroque GSSP strand to me told me that I don’t look good in GSSP *facepalm*. So I think I’ve maybe worn it 5 times or less? Definitely less than 10x. Which gold tone are you going for and what overtones?

Played a little bit this morning and my pearls really need a clean but here are some strands on my wrist

Good that you passed on those drops. I think they may disappoint you. Can’t wait to see your drops when you finally get them. Will be worth the wait. My Golay drops still bring me a lot of joy.

@icy_jade I'm appaled anyone told you you or anyone else thet do not suit any kind of pearl
I never beleaved in having my colours done back in the day and i still don't beleave it
I am redicoulssly pale with pink undertones and blue veins
i wear what i like !
Yet i do acknowledge some colours look better on some than others but jewlery is very different to say a blouse

@MakingTheGrade just started a "what pearls are you wearing today" thread
im wearing mum's pearls in one of Gary's old singlets :lol:

If you would like to take your GSSP for a spin we would love to see them
its sad for them to be sitting unwarn

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Played a little bit this morning and the pearls really need a clean but here are some strands (3 ropes) on my wrist

I always thought Goldens looked terrible in me as an East Asian with warm skin tones as my skin often made them look washed out and vice versa. But i found if you can get a deep even color, it can work!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade I'm appaled anyone told you you or anyone else thet do not suit any kind of pearl
I never beleaved in having my colours done back in the day and i still don't beleave it
I am redicoulssly pale with pink undertones and blue veins
i wear what i like !
Yet i do acknowledge some colours look better on some than others but jewlery is very different to say a blouse

Oh no, I absolutely appreciated his honesty. I’d asked which GSSP color and tone suited me better and that’s after trying on a few and being on the verge to buy my strand. But he was so honest in telling me that golden just isn’t really my color which I totally agree with. He could have just lied and told me that they look great on me so that he definitely makes a sale right? I’m such a “winter” color that even for akoyas and WSSPs, I have a hard time buying as I cannot wear pearls that have a bit of cream in them or too much pink.

Anyway took them out for a quick 2 min photo session:

At the balcony where I also took pics of the Tahitians earlier
18A48BA3-246D-49A2-BBA0-88473C19D0BE.jpeg

Inside the house. Was about to put them back when I realized that I can see the overtones (pink and green) better inside so a quick shot
250B5AFD-4D03-480C-BAA4-90CB0F720DCC.jpeg

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to start reading this again from the beginning as the writing is So. Damn. Fine. The research and careful thought put into it makes for a fascinating read. I've never read jewellery blogs but I can't imagine they can hold a candle to the threads you put together here for us at PS. I'm spellbound on these journeys you take us on. Your people must be so damn proud of that keen mind and determination. Atta girl!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no, I absolutely appreciated his honesty. I’d asked which GSSP color and tone suited me better and that’s after trying on a few and being on the verge to buy my strand. But he was so honest in telling me that golden just isn’t really my color which I totally agree with. He could have just lied and told me that they look great on me so that he definitely makes a sale right? I’m such a “winter” color that even for akoyas and WSSPs, I have a hard time buying as I cannot wear pearls that have a bit of cream in them or too much pink.

Anyway took them out for a quick 2 min photo session:

At the balcony where I also took pics of the Tahitians earlier
18A48BA3-246D-49A2-BBA0-88473C19D0BE.jpeg

Inside the house. Was about to put them back when I realized that I can see the overtones (pink and green) better inside so a quick shot
250B5AFD-4D03-480C-BAA4-90CB0F720DCC.jpeg

They are so beatiful
I don't think im at all colour sensitive
And phew im glad you didn't feel insulted by the pearl vendor

Ive thought of how you could take some inspiration of how to wear them ... (not the first one but you'll get ny gist)
IMG_5530.jpg IMG_5525.jpg 266dbe0c8609d7ce2e27f12412b8dc25.jpg

Attachments

• GettyImages-1207105764.jpg
    GettyImages-1207105764.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 20

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I always thought Goldens looked terrible in me as an East Asian with warm skin tones as my skin often made them look washed out and vice versa. But i found if you can get a deep even color, it can work!

Really cannot, no matter the shade for me. :lol-2: I’m like a true winter or whatever winter shade that cannot take golden.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Found the winter palettes from here:

5CAA2E45-2CBB-405F-90E7-E1C3CAC132A4.jpeg
B2060031-287D-4138-B2FF-C2D9DAA0CBC1.jpeg
562E642B-6F70-4322-A0B3-376B9790478E.jpeg

By elimination I suppose I’m a true winter since all shades of gold look ghastly on me

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
They are so beatiful
I don't think im at all colour sensitive
And phew im glad you didn't feel insulted by the pearl vendor

Ive thought of how you could take some inspiration of how to wear them ... (not the first one but you'll get ny gist)
IMG_5530.jpg IMG_5525.jpg 266dbe0c8609d7ce2e27f12412b8dc25.jpg

No I don’t have a problem with styling. It’s literally the color...

Ok sorry about the thread jack. Back to @yssie beautiful pearls pls! They are so beautiful.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade I had my colours done many years ago and I am a "winter".

Looking at the colour pallet given to me at the time, I believe I am either a Bright or True Winter.

It did not come as a surprise when I was informed cream, yellow, peach, beige and brown etc. do not suit me, as I hated these earthy colours and did not like yellow gold at all.

Hence I am not keen on peachy, brown and golden coloured pearls, and prefer blues and greens.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

FINAL_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

FINAL_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

FINAL_3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

FINAL_4.png

Both are lovely in different ways, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade I had my colours done many years ago and I am a "winter".

Looking at the colour pallet given to me at the time, I believe I am either a Bright or True Winter.

It did not come as a surprise when I was informed cream, yellow, peach, beige and brown etc. do not suit me, as I hated these earthy colours and did not like yellow gold at all.

Hence I am not keen on peachy, brown and golden coloured pearls, and prefer blues and greens.

DK :))

I've had mine done three times with three different seasons. I gave up. :)

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
@icy_jade I can commiserate! I have the same issue with GSSPs. I love them but they don’t love me. Lol

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much to catch up on! :bigsmile:

@icy_jade I gotta - half laugh and half cringe at the idea of the vendor telling you outright that no golds look good on you :eek-2::|:twisted2: I guess honesty is a virtue? Sometimes? Maybe? :lol:

So if yours were this colour all the time - they’d be quite a bit more forgiving, I’m thinking...

E5A0A5E5-6655-4CFB-8F4A-FEA1C41FEA55.jpeg

But golds shift so much. Just like orange and red gemstones. Once upon a time I’d have had trouble imagining that a single strand of pearls could look like both this pic and your other pic where the orange shows through. Now, owning some golds myself? Totally get it!!

I had a friend in college - we were exactly the same build but she was a light skinned, grey eyed, ashy blonde. We used to try to share clothes because - well, we really were almost identically sized, couldn't let that go to waste. But the only things we could both wear were blacks and whites and light greys. Oh - and denim of course. She looked better in most of my clothes than I did in hers, annoyingly - I remember once we both wore the same dress in this colour and she was radiant fresh out of the shower whilst I had to cake the blush on just to not look jaundiced, forget "good" :lol:

A5DB96DA-5487-499A-8EFE-DF8F6E670698.jpeg

Based on these palettes I’m closest to a Dark Autumn. Basically opposite from you. I have darker skin but I’m very very not-saturatedly coloured... Everyone always says dark-skinned women should wear jewel tones, but blue-tinted colours and almost all brights wash me out. Other than the lighter yellows and greens and the true blues his palette is pretty dead on for me I think, warm and earthy. Blue akoya - I don’t know why I chase blue akoya the way I do, they honestly don’t flatter me at all and I know it :halo:

DarkAutumn.png

For my golds I want a dark orange body, as deep as we can go before casual glance says “brown”, and a strong green overtone. Andrew said he’s that confident his supplier can achieve the lustre that I want, but the colour is more of a question mark. For this one - SS pricing is insane, if we can’t find exactly the right colour I’d rather skip entirely than buy “close but not quite right”. Learnt my lesson on that front :lol: So we’ll see what turns up ::)

Your peacocks are a delight :appl::cool2: Those overtones are terrifically vivid - and almost all the pearls show a full rainbow, that's so special :love: A long time ago I bought a neckful of baroques from Pearl Paradise to try colours. I wound up keeping the three closest to wrist in this pic. I waffled over the teal third from right, ultimately returned it, regretted it as soon as I saw it relisted and tried to re-buy it - but by the time I checked out it'd sold. #Regrets. The copper strand third from wrist was my favourite of the bunch, really bright overtone on these. I don't wear them nearly as much as I should...

T_WRIST_PP.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These new Tahitians are a better colour for me than my SoC. My brain knows it. My heart isn't listening :boohoo: #FirstWorldDilemmas! :bigsmile:

SOC_T_1 copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

SOC_T_2 copy.png

Last edited:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Folks, I'm going down the figure out your color season rabbit hole!!! I want to know what I am but I need help lol! This should probably go into another thread @yssie But I thought this would give everyone a giggle :lol:
Your pearls looks stunning on you :kiss2: @yssie

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Folks, I'm going down the figure out your color season rabbit hole!!! I want to know what I am but I need help lol! This should probably go into another thread @yssie But I thought this would give everyone a giggle :lol:
Your pearls looks stunning on you :kiss2: @yssie

You should start that thread and see if you get 3 different answers iike @MMtwo
I like green, blues and Autumn tones
i avoid black anywhere near mt neck or face
I never wear red or pink but quite like a splash of orange
White over cream
Stone over beige although id never wear yellow :mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results