shape
carat
color
clarity

A good blender?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,
I'm thinking of getting someone a blender as a gift and wondered if anyone can recommend a good one. What features should I look for? What brands are best?

ETA: I would like one that is good for smoothies also... not sure if that's standard or not.

Thank you!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe this site will help.
9.gif
---> Will It Blend?

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Dixie:It all depends on what you want to use it for.There are so many good and bad ones the market.
I have coupe of them, but must say that VitaMix is definitely the best.( it costs more)If you can get it at Costco ? I have had it for 2 years now and would recommend this one for sure..

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Cuisinart and KitchenAid come highly recommended.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I have a new kitchenaide blender that has a one-piece poly-carbon pitcher... meaning I don''t have to unscrew the bottom to clean it... and it doesn''t leak. It also won''t break. I haven''t actually USED it yet, but I like the concept!
2.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Equ and Scarleta, you ladies are talking a whole different blender price range. I am nowhere close to being able to spend $300-$700 on a blender
32.gif
, although I wish I could! But it is interesting to see the range out there b/c I just had no idea. Scarleta, unfortunately, I''m not a Costco member but it''s time like this when I wonder if I should be (or just borrow someone''s card for a quick shopping trip). I''m hoping to stay under or right around $100.

Pennquaker, thanks for the suggestions. Those are the 2 brands that I''ve heard good things about too so I''ll have to look a bit further.

Sumbride, thanks. I''ll look into that poly-carbon pitcher.

Part of my problem is that there are many, many different ones, even w/in 1-2 brands. Who knew? I think I will head to BB&B for a little person-to-person help.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Myself and a few people in my family swear by the oster beehive blenders. They are only have two bottons (med and fast), but they blend very very well.

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
I just bought a new blender, and love it. It works great when I make smoothies with frozen fruit and juice, and the glass container is great. It''s much stronger than my old cheap one, and was only $50 on sale at macys, I think. It''s the Cuisinart SPB-7. Hope that helps...

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 4:19:24 PM
Author:dixie94
Hi,
I'm thinking of getting someone a blender as a gift and wondered if anyone can recommend a good one. What features should I look for? What brands are best?

ETA: I would like one that is good for smoothies also... not sure if that's standard or not.

Thank you!

Hello Dixie,

I just recently purchased a blender and my original budget was about $100, however, I broke my budget and splurged on a Breville I found at Linens 'N Things a couple of months ago. LnT charges $199 for it, however, you can use one of their 20% coupons on it, which brings the price down somewhat.

This blender has been excellent (knock on wood)! Its design is great and clean-up is a breeze. It's powerful and it has a dedicated "smoothie" button, which seems to mix up smoothies perfectly. It is quiet, for a blender & you can pretty much step away from it while it is blending.

You can also purchase this via Amazon, but I do not think you will get as good of a price as you can get with the LnT coupon. You can of course read customer reviews via Amazon, which were all wonderful.

Amazon.com Reviews
http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000UJ0Z1U/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt/102-2107993-2961747?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000VBRD6M/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt/102-2107993-2961747?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

LnT Website:
http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2735819&cp=1331608.1331958.1969027&parentPage=family

Breville Website:
http://www.brevilleusa.com/
http://www.brevilleusa.com/products/bbl600xl/index.jsp?sku=bbl600xl&cID=103&pID=21&pvID=21

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2007 3:44:34 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I LOOOOOVE MY PINK KITCHENAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (It matches the mixer we got for our wedding) I got it at Bed Bath & Beyond with a 20% off coupon (I get those in the mail and in daily flyers sometimes, too). It works beautifullly
9.gif

This is good to hear, because we have one in red we haven''t even opened yet! I can''t wait to make fruit smoothies.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I did a quick search on "Consumer Reports" for you and these were the top performers:

Oster Fusion BRLY07-Z , $80 (great but a little noisy)
Oster Counterforms BVLBO7-L , $80( also great but noisy on "high")
Braun PowerMax MX2050 , $50, at Best Buy (best for crushing ice)

Hope this helps!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the suggestions and info everyone! I appreciate it and now have to go ahead and pick one. I definitely like the idea of going somewhere that has a 20% off coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results