shape
carat
color
clarity

A friendly reminder to all:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Due to a discussion yesterday, I got to thinking about the words that we say/use here on PS and how they can be misinterpreted very easily. Of course, we all know this- but make our posts as usual not knowing that someone else can become offended even if we never intended to hurt them. Someone could be trying to be funny but it doesn''t come across that way, someone might just make sarcastic comments but people could take it seriously (and so on.) It''s a terrible thing really because we all come here to discuss what is on our mind (LIW related or not) and someone says something others may find wrong and the whole thread goes up in flames. Which is unfortunate really because that''s not why we are here. Keep in mind that communicating through words can sometimes be difficult if you don''t know the other poster''s personality.

I''d just like to say that if I''ve ever hurt anyone''s feelings by anything I''ve ever said yesterday or even in the past, I really truly am sorry for that because my intentions on this forum are NEVER NEVER to hurt anyone and their feelings. I''m not that kind of person and I''d truly hate to come across that way.

This is a wonderful and great supportive community and I hope that we can all try and keep it that way! Let''s try and pay more attention to the posts we make and how/if it will affect other members by the way that we say whatever it is we are saying. And when reading other members posts, let''s try to take statements that we may find offensive with a grain of salt! We can''t all agree on everything but when we don''t...let''s try not to get into heated discussions about it. Instead, let''s keep to what this forum is truly about which is such wonderful love and support!
2.gif

Many hugs and love to you all, my Pricescope friends!
slider_grouphugg.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amen, DG!

36.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
12.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
Agreed
36.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Agreed. Good reminder. I always try to reread and sometimes reword things I type just to be sure I am not coming across the wrong way. :)

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting this DG! Interpretation (or misinterpretation) can be a nasty thing! If something offends/bothers me on PS, I just X the box (i.e. close the window) and browse another site for a bit. It''s always good to take a step back and re-read the post in a different mindframe.

Today is a new day!
35.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
5.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I must have missed yesterday''s thread but I agree with everything you said DG.

I once posted something and I think I offended someone. I really *try* to think about about my posts now to make sure I''m not coming off the wrong way.

So, YAY for kindness. Haha.
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Man... I guess all the drama happens while I am sleeping... kinda like my friend who slept through me and my DH''s getting to know you weekend... had he not been passed out for like 3 days straight... DH and I never would have gotten to know each other (he''s shy) and never would have fallen in lust w/ each other...

So, agreed... let''s play nice!
36.gif

nigel totally passed out.JPG

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 2:30:24 PM
Author: tlh
Man... I guess all the drama happens while I am sleeping... kinda like my friend who slept through me and my DH's getting to know you weekend... had he not been passed out for like 3 days straight... DH and I never would have gotten to know each other (he's shy) and never would have fallen in lust w/ each other...

So, agreed... let's play nice!
36.gif
tlh, you're a cool chick.

too bad we all live so far away...Ladies Night Out would be one for the books
27.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 2:36:11 PM
Author: Bia
tlh, you''re a cool chick.

too bad we all live so far away...Ladies Night Out would be one for the books
27.gif
HA! Thanks! I''ve been known to get a little crazy from time to time... and made an EXCELLENT wing man!
28.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
4.gif

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I missed something, but I agree with the sentiment.
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what did i miss?
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 4:03:12 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
what did i miss?
9.gif

Man, DF. You must be really desperate for some drama if you came all the way over to LIW to look for it.
2.gif

Salix

Rough_Rock
Well said DG!
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results