shape
carat
color
clarity

A few ideas I am thinking about.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gixxerlance

Rough_Rock
Well I got my ring from WF last week. the thing is it is not going to be a suprise to my girlfriend because she has seen the ring. I wanted to make sure it fit and she liked it before my 10 day return period expired. Oh well. However I still want to give her a sweet and memorable proposal.

These are pretty generic proposals but I think they mmay be fitting for her personallity.

During a special evening, present your love with three roses: Tell her one represents the past, one represents the present, and the last one (with the ring tied to it) represents the future.

Arrange to have dinner together at your favorite Chinese restaurant. Have the waiter give her a special fortune cookie with "Will you marry me?" in it. Or you could have it say, "You will receive a diamond in the very near future." And present the diamond in a box.

Bring home an enthusiastic new puppy with a ribbon for a collar. Have the ring in the bow for her to find as she cheerfully greets the cuddly pup. (She has been bugging me for a new lab)

What are your thoughts? Any other good low key ideas. I want simple and cheap

midgirl

Shiny_Rock
I really like the rose idea.

I don''t like the Chinese food idea, just doesn''t strike me as romantic-clever I guess so.

the puppy is grrrrreat just make sure (even though she wants one) that you aren''t getting it just for the proposal. I am sure you know that dogs are like children and as someone who cares deeply about pets and animals, I just would make sure that is why you are getting a puppy. Would you buy it without a proposal? If not then maybe steer clear.

1 and 3 are great ideas :) and I am a GIRL who likes standard and traditional proposals.

Gixxerlance

Rough_Rock
The puppy is something that she has been wanting for a while...prior to the proposal...(and yes puppies are a handful)

I was thinking i can kill two birds with one stone.

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
aww, i like #1. the rose thing is very sweet. #2 with the chinese restaurant just sounds pretty cheesy, and less romantic for sure. the puppy thing is sweet but, if you guys decide to get a puppy I would think she would like to go with you to get it, because i think it must be fun to go to the pestore to pick it out. also it would be harder to pick the "right" moment when you''ve got a barking puppy in your pocket...haha!!

another thing...why "kill two birds with one stone"?? if you want to get her a puppy later, that will be another significant event in her life that will make her happy, so you can spread out the events.

so...definately definately #1...it is so romantic with the roses.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I think the rose idea is kind of cliché but it is still a sweet idea. Same with the fortune cookie, but then again I am not a fan of restaurant proposals. The puppy idea might be a good one, especially since you had already planned to get one. Maybe you could go pick out the puppy together (from a reputable breeder or rescue NOT a pet store I hope!!) but have them tell her you can''t bring the puppy home right away. Then when you bring the puppy home it could still be a surprise and she would be able to have picked out the perfect puppy for your family. You just have to remember that after you propose you will have a puppy to take care of and you can''t go out on the town and celebrate right away, not to mention it might pick the moment of your proposal to have a not so romantic accident. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m a romantic girl and I definitely favour romantic proposals over original ones. Out of the three ideas, my favorite is definitely #1!

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY!!!! I was hoping my BF would do this I want another dog so bad, but he doesn''t and he wants to propose in public
7.gif
But any guy who gives me diamonds and puppies I am his forever! (luckily BF has already given me a puppy and diamonds)

Hodie21

Rough_Rock
I like the puppy idea the best. You get to propose in a memorable way. Plus, every time you see your lab from then on you can always remember the day you got engaged.

midgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hodie has it right! I didn''t realize every time you look at your sweet puppy it will remind you of the proposal!!! YAY!

And I think #3 is a good idea if you wanted to get a pup anyways-just wanted to make sure it wasn''t just a prop!! I LOVE LOVE animals!

#1 or #3 but she should help pick the pup out!

Gixxerlance

Rough_Rock
I am leaning towards the puppy idea, I am not real fond of a public proposal myself, just throwing some ideas around. I think she would prefer a private propasal anyway.

I will just have to have someone baby sit my pup that night lol

Thanks for your feedback.

Lance

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I like the puppy idea too... especially if she''s involved in picking him out, if you went back and picked him up later then. That would actually serve as a good decoy... as long as she''s looking forward to getting the new puppy, I doubt she''ll be expecting anything else along with it... so even though she already knows about the ring, you can still have a bit of a surprise that way!!

The other ideas are sweet and romantic, although they wouldn''t be my favorite personally... if my BF started pulling out roses and talking about their symbolism, I honestly think I''d start to laugh... he always says I''m better at ruining a romantic moment than anyone he knows.
31.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
PUPPY!
36.gif
36.gif

And it''s the best surprise! Women pretty much start anticipating a proposal at the slightest whiff of romance. (In case you''re wondering why she might get snarky after a nice dinner/walk.
2.gif
) But she''ll be so excited over the new puppy, she''ll never expect it!. Only don''t put a big ribbon on the puppy, that''s sort of a give away. Just get a soft woven puppy collar and attach the ring to where the tags would go. Maybe use a little ribbon to tie the ring on.
5.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
hmmm...I love the puppy idea!! but here are a few things to consider:

- Do you know which breed she likes?
- Have you done some research on breeders? I would definitely stay away from pet stores!
- Would she want to pick out the puppy herself??

I picked out my own puppy and it was the best thing I could have done!...I did a lot of researh until I found the breed that was right for me and some prep work to get my house "puppy ready"....

How about doing something around the puppy idea without actually giving her the puppy that day?. Hmmm.....

I still love the idea...but you would need to do some reasearch!

Keep us posted!

M~

Evie75

Shiny_Rock
hahah Im just laughing at everyone screaming PUPPY!!!! I love puppies... who doesnt love puppies....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results