shape
carat
color
clarity

A&E - 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
So I was home sick yesterday
14.gif
, watching TV (Daytime TV is horrible). I came across A&E (I think it was this channel) and they were having reruns of programs regarding 9/11. It was very sad....the one program I was watching was about Flight 11. I was thinking that this was keep me preoccupied while I was home but it made me really sad so I couldn''t watch it anymore. Which I was disappointed about because they had a TV special on that day, more in a movie format at 9PM. Did anyone catch it?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw the movie "the flight that fought back" and basically cried through the whole thing. They played the real phone calls and interviewed the family members. After seeing that there was no way I could watch anything similar.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caribou, is that the one called "the flight that fought back" or something along those lines? I have seen the one in which the passengers on the flight that ended up going down in PA ganged up on the terrorists and used the food cart and boiling water as weapons. It was really sad to watch, especially how they included the family members and their perspectives on what actually took place during the flight. They kind of pieced it together using what people remembered from the cell phone calls they received. I get sad just thinking about it right now. I''m pretty sure it was on A&E...we Tivo''d it and I watched it a month or two ago.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I saw it....so moving....

I''m not sure, but I think the A&E show yesterday was a movie version of the event (all actors) and "the Flight that Fought Back" was more documentary style, sone by someone else...The History Channel, maybe?

widget

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it was on the history channel. It was very hard to watch.

Do people actually READ other people''s post before they post a reply?
11.gif
just wondering
9.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 4:12:59 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

11.gif
just wondering
9.gif
Funny, I was just wondering about this yesterday.....

If you look at the timing of the two posts, then that probably will explain things.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 4:37:26 PM
Author: hlmr

Date: 1/31/2006 4:12:59 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

11.gif
just wondering
9.gif
Funny, I was just wondering about this yesterday.....

If you look at the timing of the two posts, then that probably will explain things.
I can''t speak for anyone else, but oftentimes, I begin a reply but get sidetracked or interrupted. By the time I come back to finish my post and post it, others have posted in the interim with similar thoughts.

Given the fairly close timing of these posts, I''d guess that was the case.
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about that...Tacori''s first response went through as I was composing mine. As soon as I hit submit I realized my mistake. I''ll try harder to be a good poster from now on!!!
emembarrassed.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 4:50:37 PM
Author: monarch64
Sorry about that...Tacori''s first response went through as I was composing mine. As soon as I hit submit I realized my mistake. I''ll try harder to be a good poster from now on!!!
emembarrassed.gif
Don''t apologize monarch - it happens to all of us!!
35.gif
9.gif

Heather

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 4:50:37 PM
Author: monarch64
emembarrassed.gif

I am just teasing you. Don''t worry about it. Threads that are many pages long 3+ I don''t always read through everyone''s responses.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No prob, Tacori...many times I grab a minute here and there at work to catch up on PS and today was one of those times I got distracted for a second and it took me longer to compose my thoughts! We must''ve been on the same wavelength typing out our posts today and you beat me to the punch without my knowing! As short as this thread was at the time I can understand why it looked like I wasn''t paying attention to others'' responses. I know what you mean about adding a post to a thread that has a few pages--hard as I try I can''t seem to keep up sometimes, either!
emsad.gif
face23.gif

I checked my DVR for the film/documentary, but it looks like DH erased it...I did a search online which revealed that it was actually aired on the Discovery Channel. If anyone''s interested, you can order the DVD of "The Flight That Fought Back" from the Discovery Channel website.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 4:10:07 PM
Author: widget
I saw it....so moving....

I''m not sure, but I think the A&E show yesterday was a movie version of the event (all actors) and ''the Flight that Fought Back'' was more documentary style, sone by someone else...The History Channel, maybe?

widget
Did you watch the movie version Widget? I really do want to see it but I was getting all emotional over the one about Flight 11.

Wasn''t the ''Flight that Fought Back'', about the plane that crashed in PA?? Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
The movie version I saw on A&E was just called "Flight 93." Never heard of this other movie "the flight who fought back." It was a pretty good movie, but I didn''t really get emotional until they started listing all the flight members at the end. It was sad to see all those names across the screen. I think what they did was very couragious.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: Caribou

Did you watch the movie version Widget? I really do want to see it but I was getting all emotional over the one about Flight 11.

Wasn''t the ''Flight that Fought Back'', about the plane that crashed in PA?? Sorry if this has already been mentioned.
Now I''m getting confused!

I just did a google search...I THINK we''re talking about two movies about flight 93 which went down in PA: The recent one aired again yesterday on A&E entitled: "Flight 93", and an earlier movie/documentary aired by the Discovery Channel entitled: "The Flight That Fought Back".

American Airlines Flight 11...the first plane commandeered on 9/11...went into the North tower of the WTC. Although CNN apparently did a special on it, I couldn''t find any reference to a "movie"...

For some reason I can''t NOT watch these tragic and wrenching tales...

So sad..

widget

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2006 10:40:13 AM
Author: widget

Author: Caribou

Now I''m getting confused!

I just did a google search...I THINK we''re talking about two movies about flight 93 which went down in PA: The recent one aired again yesterday on A&E entitled: ''Flight 93'', and an earlier movie/documentary aired by the Discovery Channel entitled: ''The Flight That Fought Back''.

American Airlines Flight 11...the first plane commandeered on 9/11...went into the North tower of the WTC. Although CNN apparently did a special on it, I couldn''t find any reference to a ''movie''...

For some reason I can''t NOT watch these tragic and wrenching tales...

So sad..

widget
Sorry.

The one I watched Monday while I was sick was about FLight 11, the first plane to hit the towers, I don''t know what they called the documentary. They were showing a bunch of 9/11 documentary''s Monday because they were showing a movie at 9PM about the day. Looking now, I guess it was Flight 93 movie...I guess I was under the assumption that it was a new movie about the entire day and all the flights involved. Sorry, my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results