shape
carat
color
clarity

A ... dangly? Diamond-By-The-Yard?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I saw a necklace in a shop window the other day that intrigued me: it was sort of like a DBTY, but instead of being attached to the chain at two points, each diamond dangled like a little, tiny, bezeled fixed pendant. It looked utterly charming! But I was in a hurry, and didn't have any time to stop in. Anybody know what I'm talking about? What that style is called? Where one might start comparison shopping for them on the internet? :twisted:

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Hrrmm. Were the diamonds suspended directly from the main chain, or was there a short piece of chain attached to each one?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Directly from the main chain - it almost reminded me of a belly-dancer's anklet! It looked very swingy and bohemian, but still blingy. The diamonds were teeny - I'd guess no more than maaaaaaaaaaybe .10 each, and they were spaced out at roughly every second or third link.

I remember an awful lot about this for something I saw for maybe five seconds ....

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Made an impression, eh? I can picture it. Maybe "drop" or "fringe?" I'm not finding too much with those terms, but they seem closest to the description.

ETA-Try "station" too, maybe in combo with drop.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does it look something like my bracelet? I absolutely love this. I wear it the most :bigsmile:
pinktourmasschermoz%20014.jpg
braceletrubny.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks Yssie

The one you posted is gorgeous, and if I got another diamond bracelet, I'd get that one :love: but with the side metal as deep as the pavilion of the diamonds so the culet don't poke me :cheeky:

My chain is heavy duty and I don't feel like I'll pull off the dangles/charms (hmm not sure of the correct term?) anytime soon.

I don't wear my princess kite set DBTY very often ;( its just not as comfortable with the culet exposed and poking me :(( along with a very delicate chain.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Geez Louise! I wish they had prices listed. There's some beautiful pieces there.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooooh, I love that diamond one....

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
that bracelet is perfect for someone like me who can't decide her fave diamond shape :bigsmile: Asscher, emerald, antique cushion, OEC...hmmm...I'll wear them all at once!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is turning into an eye-candy thread! D&T, I love your bracelet! It did look something like that, only with smaller and more frequent stones. Yummy! Yssie, it didn't look too much like the bracelet, because of the scale issue ... but not I want the bracelet, too! That is so ... well, charming, for lack of a better word. :lol:

I can readily see a "build your own" version of the bracelet coming about as we collect different shapes. I think this may be a case of great minds thinking alike, too - check out the little antique version: http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-1900s-P...8574?pt=US_Fine_Bracelets&hash=item5641fdc90e! I've been eyeballing it for ages now ....

Luminous-MB

Rough_Rock
Trade
WOW, I think even I will have to jump on the bandwagon and say I'm loving that bracelet :lickout: :loopy: :love:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
iota15|1304150471|2908501 said:
Geez Louise! I wish they had prices listed. There's some beautiful pieces there.

ahh, that is gorgeous. Amazing. I don't even wear bracelets, but sure would make an exception for that one!

Yeah: No prices... :(

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ha! Who is a genius? Circe is a genius! I tracked it down by reverse-googling the general area in which I thought I'd remembered the jewelry store. No name for the design ... but the necklace would run me a cool $4,250 for 1.24 carats in gold. Oof. So, if anybody has any bright ideas on similar pieces they'd like to share ....

Dangling Bezel Necklace.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the necklace too. I like D&T's bracelet too. The diamond one is just so unusual with the different shapes.

The price sounds about right for a jewelry store. You could probably have it made for less. I think it would look even prettier
with a lighter link chain, maybe something a little more open.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Oof is right. It's adorable, though. I was assuming it was vintage (maybe because I think of you as the vintage maven around these parts), but is it actually a new piece?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it.

But think of this Circe... what a FUN project to make a bracelt and add a new shape or color stone to mark special events, or just whenever?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
luv2sparkle|1304209401|2908786 said:
I like the necklace too. I like D&T's bracelet too. The diamond one is just so unusual with the different shapes.

The price sounds about right for a jewelry store. You could probably have it made for less. I think it would look even prettier
with a lighter link chain, maybe something a little more open.

Methinks I'll be contacting ID to see if they could do something similar ....
Selkie said:
Oof is right. It's adorable, though. I was assuming it was vintage (maybe because I think of you as the vintage maven around these parts), but is it actually a new piece?

Why, thank you! Generally, I ADORE vintage - this is one of those rare moments when a modern piece caught my eye and got stuck in my head! They make them in rose, yellow, and white gold, if anybody out there is less flinch-y than I am about the price-tag ....
Dreamer_D said:
Love it.

But think of this Circe... what a FUN project to make a bracelt and add a new shape or color stone to mark special events, or just whenever?

I can do both, right? :twisted:

I actually LOVE the idea of the charm bracelet of bezeled stones - I think I might just have to start something similar!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results