shape
carat
color
clarity

A Cinderella Proposal....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

juicy4diamonds

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone at Pricescope.....I hope you are all sitting down with your box of tissues by your computers (and maybe your heart monitors too). Last night was the absolute most amazing night of my life and now that my relatives and friends have heard all about it, I am ready to share it with you.

My boyfriend (make that ''fiance'') and I have been dating about 10 months...and ''wow'' what an amazing 10 months it has been. This story actually begins on Christmas Eve of 2002. I had just signed up for Yahoo Personals (hoping to meet the man of my dreams) and when I logged into my computer that evening, I had received an email from a guy that really caught my attention. For time''s sake, let me fast forward a few weeks and tell you that we soon discovered that we had attended the same high school together (at the same time too...in fact, even our mothers graduated together!) Things progressed pretty quickly from there and finally led to the ultimate evening...last night.

John took me to an exquiste Italian restaurant in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. We had a very quiet and romantic dinner together---complete with some tasty red wine and creme brule...yum! As we stepped outside after dinner, the streets were lit up with white Christmas lights and it was just beginning to snow (well, ok...it was a faint drizzly rain). Across the street a father was ice skating with his son. It was like a post card!

John mentioned that he had a special surprise for me and I couldn''t even begin to imagine what that might be. He walked me down to the corner and just as I looked up, I saw a horse drawn carriage coming towards us. Now this wasn''t just "any" horse drawn carriage. It was Cinderealla''s white carriage (complete with white lights and a striking black horse named Gus). Isn''t this what every woman dreams of when she has found her prince?

Anyway, the carriage ride took us around the breathtaking sites of the holiday lights and decorations..up and down the streets...through stop lights...and finally to a bridge named The Blue Bridge (this is a pedestrian bridge that is covered in lights). The next few minutes are somewhat of a blurr to me. I remember Gus (our horse) stopping about one quarter of the way across the bridge and the next second John was on his knee telling me things that are so touching and sincere that I will hold them privately close to my heart for the rest of my life. After his romantice proposal, he pulled out that little purple box that jewelry lovers all around the world know can only contain one thing---a Scott Kay ring!

After kissing and hugging and enjoying the spectacular moment, our driver informed us that we would need to turn around because Gus was afraid of the trees at the other end of the bridge. We had never heard of a tree phobic horse, but considering the fact that we were both on cloud nine at that point...it didn''t really phase us.

Do I still have your attention? I sure hope so because that''s not the end of our story. Once Gus got himself off of the bridge and back onto the street, he led us around the town a little bit more and then concluded our ride right in front of the Civic Theater. As I glanced up at the marquee above the door, I was so excited to see that it was the premiere showing of....(can you guess?)...Cinderella.

I stepped (or did I float?) out of the carriage and walked into the theater...with my prince at my side and my sparkling new ring on my finger.

And we lived happily ever after!

carriagecivic1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results