shape
carat
color
clarity

A Christmas OEC upgrade

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1324942114|3088889 said:
Is there a no-questions-asked return period or only if item was misrepresented?

I negotiated a no questions asked return policy. But, as you know, ebay is not like buying from a regular vendor, and I did not buy from a diamond dealer or seller, it was a private individual. That is how you get the deals. But the risk is that there is not a "customer is always right" sort of thing going on, so there is some grey area where it is likely up to the seller's opinion about things, or ultimately, buyer protection from ebay. If I alter the setting by dimounting the stone, I don't know how that would play out both from the POV of the seller and with respect to ebay buyer protection. Most returns are contingent on the item being in original condition. I also don't know if a chip under a prong, for example, would classify as "significantly not as described" and could allow one to get a refund even if the mount had been altered.

MOst of this is academic at this point, just thinking through possibilities.

I went out today with the diamond again and it is a real firecracker. I am not returning it unless there is something grossly discrepant from its paperwork when I dismount it. Even then I might try to negotiate terms with the seller rather than returning it, because the diamond is really killer. Totally out performs my mom's OEC ;)) Great fire, scintillation, very little obstruction. There were some lighting environments where I was not impressed with the first OEC, but this one wows everywhere. Just a winner all around.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1324945249|3088907 said:
I guess it would depend on the seller and how they would feel about the stone being unmounted and then remounted. I guess the biggest concern in doing that would be swapping the stone for something else but in the case of a stone like this, that would be a very unlikely happenstance.

It does look to be a very lively stone though - it might just be a keeper!

I would think it would also be acase where if the mount was altered and it affected value -- like it was not reset well I suppose -- then they could argue you affected their ability to resell it...

I think it is a keeper. Well, you know. As long as I keep anything ::) But I will happily wear it and love it! Looking for settings now. I am thinking classing Harry Winston style with tapered baguettes, but we'll see. I want a deal.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It made it safe and sound :appl: And it's a beauty!!

It's interesting that you like it better than your mum's... Your mum's looks "chunkier" in the pics to me, and I remember that you didn't particularly care for the AVC you had a few weeks back...

I find that I get very different types of enjoyment from my RBs and my older cuts - w/ the antiques it's all about the faceting, w/ the RBs all I notice or care about is the light coming out of it, and I like the antiques best in diffuse lights and the RBs best in spotlights, which sounds kinda counterintuitive... You really are going to have to beg/borrow/steal a 6mm RB and do some comparing for us 8)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie, my preference for this new one is all about the light performance. My mom's OEC does not show much fire and did not really do much in pot lighting, it just sort of went dull. Same thing happened in flourescent lighting. It also showed body obstruction when worn and my hands in repose in my lap. These are observations I made mental note of before I made the decision to sell it. This one acts more like an RB in those lighting environments, and in pot lights the body goes nice and dark with flashes of fire, never turns dull, and does not show body obstruction. It is a very different beastie in how it handles light. I hazard to say, using objective terms, it is just better cut! ;)) Now, *why* it is such a better performer will remain a mystery. I would like to see a sarin scan of both though.

I shall now inundate you with more photos.

I have liberated this diamond from its mount. My local jeweler says it is one of the nicest OECs he has ever seen, probably I/J color and definitely VS clarity (I can't see anything with a loupe or macro photos). I cannot wait to set it, but have no idea what to do. I was thinking baguette sides but now I think not because it has a slight creaminess to it that I don't want to highlight with contrast to stark white baguettes. We'll see! Its tone is very pleasing to me, it is a little beauty for sure.

Oh, and it weighs 0.97ct! ::)

OEC 007.JPG

OEC 002.JPG

OEC 005.JPG

OEC 008.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love how the faceting looks in these photos.

OEC 009.JPG

OEC 010.JPG

OEC 012.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
::)

OEC 025.JPG

OEC 026.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favourites.

OEC 028.JPG

OEC 029.JPG

OEC 030.JPG

OEC 031.JPG

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
It's absolutely gorgeous!!! :appl: :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it!! Do you know what the mm measurements are?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1325479523|3093297 said:
Love it!! Do you know what the mm measurements are?

It is 6.2mm and 0.97ct! Depth is about 67% and table 45%.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really love this stone!! Especially loose. :) Simply stunning!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, what a difference it made to take it out of the setting and clean it up! It is a beauty! What a great find, Dreamer!! :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1324959109|3089044 said:
TravelingGal|1324953514|3088977 said:
Dreamer, I can no longer keep track of what you are doing, but that's another winner! Enjoy and wear it in good health!

TGal it is not that complex, I just sold my solitaire, sold my original wb, sold my studs, bought my Aurora, bought my first OEC, sold my first OEC, sold my semi-bezel, almost sold my Aurora and dream band but changed my mind, and bought my second OEC. AND made some money in the process, had some fun, and paid of a bunch of debt. Keep up would ya! :tongue:

:lol: Reading that summary, I think I felt a rush of wind as my life past before me!!! You are one busy little PS er! Diamond in / Diamond out! hahahaha!! :lol:

Glad you were making money and had fun in the process. Life is too short to not love what you do and what you have... keep it up!!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: I love it! Can't wait to see how you set it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results